Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ...
    Elemental Lord Felfaadaern Darkterror's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Unless you got carried through a raid, or spent far more time than the average player does playing, I don't believe you.
    No carries, but cbf whether you believe me or not, tbh. Plenty of folks in this thread saying same thing: gearing alts is easy now. Here are some tips; use them or not, doesn't affect me either way:

• You and your other alts can craft 835 gear that upgrades to 875.
    • The world map is your shopping list - check it every time you log in for 850-860 gear that fills needed slots.
    • Invasions and Broken Shore mobs drop 850 Dauntless tokens.
    • You can buy 880 gear for nethershards; some of these WF & TF - I've gotten a couple 900s this way.
    • Broken Shore world boss drops 900 gear (bring bonus roll).
    • Bad Luck Protection = early 940 legendary.
    • Run one mythic dungeon for +2 key.
    • Run +2 key to get +4 or +5.
    • Run again till you reach your limit (mine was 7 first week) and collect 890ish from weekly chest.
    • By second week you should be ready for +10 and earn a 905 chest.
    • You can buy 900+ BoEs and even a legendary if you feel like splurging on your alt.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Absolutely not.

I'd say Cataclysm was more alt friendly honestly.

You still have to
    1) Finish your class hall campaign
    2) Grind out Nethershards if you want 880 gear from invasions that happen once a day
    3) Get 2 additional pieces of gear extra now (Since Relics, although that would be 1 compared to Cataclysm)
    4) Complete reps if you want profession rewards
    5) Farm Class Hall Resources for the Class hall perks.

That's just off the top of my head.
    1) The campaign can be finished in like two-three days now.
    2) The relinquished gear isn't ideal for new characters. It would be better to get the Dauntless, and then hop into Heroic EN or ToV.
    3) I don't really understand how relics contribute to making the expansion less alt-friendly.
    4) This is content that you would do anyway.
    5) You don't really farm order hall resources (they farm you). Again, these are largely obtained from world quests... content that you're going to do anyway.

The expansion wasn't alt-friendly in the beginning, but it's more-or-less alt friendly now. I would not say, however, that it's the MOST alt-friendly expansion... well... I don't really know about my own opinion. Brain power fading... too long on MMO-

Elemental Lord Felfaadaern Darkterror's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    The reason I say it's incredibly alt-friendly is that I look at my main with a ton of days played and I look at my newest alts with only a couple, and there's so little difference between them. Like 1 level of AK and 5-10 item levels. That's absurd. Any more alt-friendly and our alts would have to outgear our mains.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    It's reasonably alt friendly(ignoring legendaries/AP, cos those suck on mains too) once you get the alt set up. So after you've done class campaigns, artifact quests/empowerments, Suramar, Balance of Power etc. Not that the setup is hard, it's just time consuming and boring.
    Pushed a new Toon to 110 on Saturday and at the ende of the day the class campaign was done and he was already 850.

They Class campaign seems to be shortened with all the missions only being 1 hour now. I didn't know that, but with that changes it's been so damn easy. And you are already AK 26 at the beginning after you have done Broken Shore intro. At the end of day 1 I had two weapons with 35 points.

This is alt friendly as fuck and nowhere near time consuming anymore

10 hours of work maybe for that progress with leveling from 106-110. That is sick.

I don't know. By definition alt-friendly implies, that you should have time to play several alts. How can xpack, that depends on artificial content stretching, endless grind, time- and RNG-gating be alt-friendly?

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    If you feel it is NOT alt friendly, what is your definition of "alt-friendly?"
    An alt-friendly expansion would be where I don't have to grind 2-4 artifacts on top of gearing the character too.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.