Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cysia View Post
    as blood dk in wod i could (aslong breath was running) do dmg about same as lower dps or just lower geared players.
    Which is fine. Even with full BiS BoS gear it was still RNG dependent. I had one pull on Archimonde where I had a breath last 2 minutes and another pull where it lasted 20 seconds. It was also one of harder playstyles to play in WoD. The only real issue with tanks in WoD was paladin in HFC. Their class trinket made them do way to much damage and it was so braindead easy to play.

Deleted
    If U think tank healing are big now wait for when Guardian druids get ToS set, Endless frienzied reg ^^

Can understand how U feel but at the same time its kinda nice as a tank to help out my healers and in some cases I can save my ass if I have bad healers with me. And as someone stated we often know when we are gonna take a huge chunk of damage and can prepare by having resources ready to use our self heals or absorbs, if healers arent ready with a heal as soon we get the big hit we will heal ourself back up.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    Try with a good aoe tank and you'll notice, stuff like full thrash bears
    I play a 7/7 thrash druid, it's stupid the amount of dps I can pull as bear.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Almpagen View Post
    If U think tank healing are big now wait for when Guardian druids get ToS set, Endless frienzied reg ^^

Can understand how U feel but at the same time its kinda nice as a tank to help out my healers and in some cases I can save my ass if I have bad healers with me. And as someone stated we often know when we are gonna take a huge chunk of damage and can prepare by having resources ready to use our self heals or absorbs, if healers arent ready with a heal as soon we get the big hit we will heal ourself back up.
    I've got the boots, and the thought of using them+tier set+KJ trinket+leg ring has me laughing at the thought of being nearly unkillable
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by ponies View Post
    I've been seeing so many tanks out healing healers, or healing in comparison to.
    particularly in dungeons. it makes healing feel really crummy.
    I've been seeing so many DPS out tanking healers, tanking mobs instead of the tank.
    Particularly in dungeons. It makes tanking feel really crummy.

It's almost only true in trivial content (or when going ape on AoE in M+ with some less AoE favoured classes). Any attempts to "fix" it would result in that content (n/h/m+0) being overtuned for their target audience.

Well when you see a Guardian Druid Pulling 900k sustained DPS some dps may feel bad
    "How you build your character is not a feature of a MMORPG, it is the feature. Everything else is secondary even the gameplay itself is secondary to building your character, its the kind of stuff you think about when you are at work or school and couldnt wait to go home to play WoW or Diablo 2. We have all done it." ~Into, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Hablion View Post
    Well when you see a Guardian Druid Pulling 900k sustained DPS some dps may feel bad
    But no Druid is doing that sort of sustained damage ST for a long period of time, and in an AoE situation there's plenty of non-tank classes that'll make those same DPS players feel a lot worse than a tank will. There's a HUGE discrepency in the amount of AoE DPS certain classes can put out, and tanks tend to sit somewhere in the middle on longer/bigger fights. It's a bigger issue to me than "Prot Warrs out DPS Shadow Priests on M+ trash."

No tank beats any equally geared/skilled DPS over a 1m+ fight ST.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you find healing to be bad because tank is outhealing you, then maybe you're doing content that is too simple? Try 15+ Mythics. There is literally no way they'll be outhealing you on harder content that's designed to strain the healer and the tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Man, you obviously didn't play in MoP. Geared tanks could be responsible for 100% of their healing during a boss fight, quite often solo tanking mechanics that normally were meant to be split-soaked!
    .. while topping meters too, lel. My best experience in WoW tbh (brewmaster in 10 man hc full dps geared).
    Last edited by Grobovshik; 2017-05-22 at 09:01 PM.

What about Havoc DH? I stand in any mechanic that doesn't 1-shot or hard CC me when playing Demonic/SR because I instantly heal it back up, and while soloing world bosses and heroic/M0 bosses I've done over 400k HPS to myself (with ~400k HPS overhealing). If this weren't the case I'd have been dead almost every trash pull with most tanks with Skittish, so I feel bad for other bursty melee DPS.

And VE with that helmet is pretty disgusting too with 30+ stacks and PI up.
    Last edited by BiggestNoob; 2017-05-22 at 09:36 PM.