Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Enchanting - Why do you have 4x enchanting? Just one is enough.
    Start of expac when mats are expensive you can DE BOP gear. But for example by now we're deep enough into expansion for the mats prices to drop.

Deleted
    I've revised the classes / professions list a bit, with added explanations.

Class: Death Knight
    Professions:Jewelcrafting / Mining
    Reason: I want to have all professions covered, and already had a JC.

Class: Demon Hunter
    Professions: Enchanting / Jewelcrafting
    Reason: Enchanting for extra bloods for JC, possibility for ore shuffle.

Class: Druid
    Professions: Alchemy (potion) / Herbalism
    Reason: One of my 3 alchemists, one for each specialization.

Class: Hunter
    Professions: Leatherworking / Skinning
    Reason: I want to have all professions covered, and already had my hunter with LW.

Class: Mage
    Professions: Alchemy (transmute) / Herbalism

Class: Monk
    Professions: Alchemy (elixer) / Herbalism

Class: Paladin
    Professions: Blacksmithing / Mining Reason: My oldest character, has some rare plans, and BS covered.

Class: Priest
    Professions: Inscription / Herbalism
    Reason: I want to have all professions covered, so here's my scribe.

Class: Rogue
    Professions: Skinning / Jewelcrafting
    Reason: Skinning for extra bloods for JC, also leather for Shaman LW.

Class: Shaman
    Professions: Leatherworking / Enchanting
    Reason: Enchanting for extra bloods for JC, possibility for leather shuffle.

Class: Warlock
    Professions: Enchanting / Tailoring
    Reason: Tailoring to have that covered, and enchanting it works well with it, and also no better idea.

Class: Warrior
    Professions: Engineering / Mining
    Reason: Engineering to have it covered, and mining for mats.

Is there anything that can be improved or is this as solid as it's going to get? Thanks in advance for info
    Last edited by mmocffda5692fa; 2017-06-15 at 06:12 PM.

I wouldn't bother with having 3 different alchemy specializations. Elixir and Potion mastery are pointless to have since WoD. It's not very likely either that specializations will ever become meaningful again. The armor crafting professions no longer have them at all and Engineering's haven't been a thing since WoD either.

I'm also not sure why you'd want JC on so many characters. Just stick it on a single character you play quite actively and you'll get plenty of bloods.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have multiple Transmutation specialization Alchis.
    Living Steel and Transmute Essence of Earth to Water are very good reasons.
    Why earth to water? Earth costs 20g on my Server with Cataclysm alot of the vanilla Waterelementals got removed. So farming for it is a bit tricky.
    You need Essence of Water for Tome of Illusions: Azeroth.
    Water costs 1200g Fyi and I build the Tome of Illsusion but you can sell em normally as well I think.
    Living Steel is used for the Shredder.
    Worst case you can sell your CD for a bit of money.

Potion and Elixier are pointless cause they don't interact with Legion Potions and Flasks because you need Rank 3 to procc. If it get relevant again you can reskill the specialization anyway.

Engineering for fun (costs money) and gathering for low effort income while leveling.

7+ Year Old Account
    Any alt that I actively play has enchanting for bloods and extra materials for my main.

I've got a stable of profession alts (main: herbalism/mining; alts: skinning/leatherworking, alchemy/jewelcrafting, alchemy/inscription, blacksmith/engineer, tailor/enchanter).

For my up-and-coming alts, I use the following:

Engineering, so my main-engineer can collect the recipes and build the engineer-only toys. Then my alts just need enough skill in Engineering (with WoD and Leg, shouldn't be too hard?) to get to use those toys.

Enchanting, so they can disenchant stuff they get while leveling and send it to my main-enchanter. I don't think there's a minimum skill level here, so I can disenchant from skill 1.

I also have a stable of profession alts - my one difference is I have 3 tailors - bags are STILL selling for 900-1500 per - so they're still worth the 7 minutes each in the garrison it takes per day

Deleted
    If i could, i would grab Tailoring on all characters! having tons of garrisons set up generates amazing profit for low effort.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khelra View Post
    @rayvio and @Rixis :

Very good points indeed about engineering!

Just out of curiosity though, is there any decent gold to be made with engineering?
    auto-hammers sell like hot cakes
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Deleted
    All 10chars eng+tailoring.
    10sky golems per month and shitload of bags just doing garrison daily

cooking.
    nomie cakes

Enchanting on all your characters you actively play.
    I got 4 Characters at 110 myself, 2 of which i actually raid on, one I kinda play, another I just use a mule / extra meh gold.

Got Ench / JC on my main, Ench + Alchemy on my primary alt, Herb Gather + Mining on my side alt, and Idk what to give the alt I "accidentally" got to leve 110 I hardly play, any ideas?

Don't understand how you guys can sell so many Sky Golems :P

Professions worth having more than one of:
    - Enchanting (any toon you play a ton of)
    - Mining/Herbalism/Skinning (mats)
    - Engineering (a lot of character-specific perks)
    - Alchemy (not bad having a ton of alchemists for transmute cooldowns; weaker than the above 3 though)

All other professions you can easily get by with just 1 of.
    - Blacksmithing/Leatherworking/Tailor (just makes non-BoP stuff)
    - Jewelcrafting (makes non-BoP jewelry and gems. Can break down ore but no ore is BoP)
    - Inscription (makes glyphs and stuff, none of which are BoP. Can break down herbs but none of them are BoP)
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2017-08-20 at 08:44 PM.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.