Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by onedirection View Post
    I like the ones that have you list your computer specs and internet speed test results. Are they really that knowledgeable that they're going to know how your particular specs are going to translate into game performance with whatever settings (which they don't ask about) you use? When they're like 1/10M it gives a bit of a tryhard impression.
    It's mostly just so you don't come in with a toaster and a dial-up modem and then DC every 5 minutes, and they can be relatively sure you can see the screen at more than 3 fps.

But yeah, if they're 1/10m or whatever, that's just shooting themselves in the foot

Quote Originally Posted by Toastyame View Post
    Chances are why you haven't had to app since mist lands.

Apps typically are just places to put information that could otherwise be looked up. It's just easier to have it all confined to one location without going to the effort of looking them up yourselves.
    I think there's a word missing here but I think I get the attempted snark, sry if I'm misreading here.

But no, I raided mythic from when it was called heroic in soo to brf, when I realized wod was trash n left. Did decent. But think there's a more productive use of my time now that I've enjoyed time without the addiction. If I came back to wow today I already resolved nothing beyond casual, unscheduled raiding. Just don't care anymore.

Oh I guess my guilds got bored and both did push mythic en and hov that shows how much I liked those raids, just plum forgot they existed.

If I want to play with a group of friends i don't apply for friendship. I play and chat with people to build relationships, and get invited along when there's something up. I mean I guess maybe I could be having ppl apply for my friendship but that seems..... beauracratic. And sort of funny?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    It's mostly just so you don't come in with a toaster and a dial-up modem and then DC every 5 minutes, and they can be relatively sure you can see the screen at more than 3 fps.

But yeah, if they're 1/10m or whatever, that's just shooting themselves in the foot
    That seems like something you'd notice pretty fast the first night

>_>

How good you think ur apps are at Photoshop because now I wonder lol
    Last edited by emilylorange; 2017-05-16 at 08:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by onedirection View Post
    I like the ones that have you list your computer specs and internet speed test results. Are they really that knowledgeable that they're going to know how your particular specs are going to translate into game performance with whatever settings (which they don't ask about) you use? When they're like 1/10M it gives a bit of a tryhard impression.
    Many years ago I was in a very relaxed casual top1000 or whatever guild, the application they had was like 35 questions, evidence, screenshots, quite hilarious. I moved on to raid for a consistent hardcore top20 guild later and outside of filling out about 10 questions and a short 10min interview, there wasnt much more evaluation. the only things that really matter is your former guilds and XP, bar having some good enough gear and not being a total asshole.

stuff like UI, pc/inet specs are irrelevant - if you are playing with 2 fps or 100 ms, you simply wont be able to keep up and fail your trial.

Quote Originally Posted by Sibut View Post
    I'm not sure which responses specifically baffled you; I don't think most people (o.p. included) would take issue with an app format like the one that you posted. (It looks pretty similar to the few that I filled out back when I did more serious raiding in BC/Wrath, other than the "logs" question which I don't remember being as prevalent back then) The only exceptions are probably people who are averse to the idea of filling out any kind of application to join a raid guild no matter what format it was in.
    His isn't the sort of guild I'd be interested in anyway, so whether or not I'd fill it out doesn't harm either of us. I've never been top 150 or whatever in my dedication or skill, so I would not waste his time by considering it.
    Last edited by emilylorange; 2017-05-16 at 08:36 AM.

Was totally worth a thread on MMO-C to show how salty you are because you didn't read their rules.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    This is a decent example of why people increasingly don't much care about guilds. Just about everyone who reads this thread that is already inclined that way nods and is a little more that way. BS like this isn't helping revive a damaged guild and raiding scene. I suppose I understand why some guilds believe they need to do this but in the end it's petty and not a little bit stupid.

Guilds having problems recruiting for raid teams that do this get what they deserve.
    Implying that we get applys that have not actually read the guild chart.
    We don't.
    So far, 99% of all of our applys had read the chart, and the 1% just did it after we told them it's better to do so.

The system we put in is there to ensure that the person we're recruting isn't going to fuck off after 2 loot lockouts, plus our guild, and i assume a lot of other guilds are too, is very "free speech" oriented as in we have no limits in our jokes and if the person does not know that, he's going to be quite shocked the first time he gets on TS.

Deleted
    I remember a guild that. in the middle of the rules, they asked to specifically name "bacon" in the

"Other information" tab of the application, and nothing else.. So many failed applicants.

Deleted
    Personally, I would also not do these things in applications, a talk in voice chat and a couple test raids should be more than enough to gauge the team-fit and player capability.

However, this thread alone would completely disqualify OP for our raid:
    - Always looking for others to blame
    - Doesn't see his own faults and becomes very defensive when called out on them
    - Is extremely condescending in his tone

The guild that didn't accept him should consider themselves lucky to not have this trouble maker in their ranks

Not paying attention to detail means you probably stand in fire.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

I have done the high-end, high world guilds in the past, for those i completely understand, they want to make sure people pay attn. to detail, but for some of the guilds that are heroic or average at best, should not even have applications or at the very least, have a very short app. High-end guilds earned that right to be very selective, those guilds take a bit to get in, between interview chats, logs, questions regarding your class, how you handle certain situations, why you died on x, what were u doing in that scenario, they have that right, those players take raiding very serious and want cutting edge people that are very good and very reliable.

The heroic guilds or average mythic guilds, should just be recruiting and checking logs and performance, the reason most of these heroic/mythic average guilds fold is because they try and recruit players that top level guilds require/have. When i use to raid serious, i would review the guilds logs and most of these average guilds logs were terrible, and requiring things that high-end guilds would want. If your players are below average, don't require an app, because once a good player goes in there and see's for there self, they will leave a.s.a.p and go to a higher end guild. News Flash, if you get to 10/10 M or whatever at the end of the tier, you're not good, and don't act like you are, you're average at best, keep that in mind.