Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    First. AK will cap at 40 now. I am at 37 with three points into concordance. Currently when concordance procs, which it does so very often, I have a flat 15% damage taken reduction and a 30% damage done modifier. How can you say that will not be signifigant at 11800 versatility?
    A bit misleading there, you don't have 15% dmg reduction just from concordance. It is better for tanks then most people in the thread are claiming, but not nearly as good as 15%. As far as 11800, nobody is reaching that outside of some massive changes to AP acquisition. You need 866 trillion AP to max, realisticly anything above rank 15 is unlikely for most and that is a reach. http://www.wowhead.com/artifact-calc...YWAWFwFhgPZuAQ

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    Playing some tanks takes skill, playing others doesn't - they are on autopilot. I won't name classes here, everyone seems to know which is which. Grats to all the guilds that need an autopilot tank to progress.
    A smart guild uses the best tools they have. If they are too complicated for some to use or so easy a drunk monkey could do it isn't on them, that is Blizzard's design.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Watch out people, we got us a big dick swinging here.
    Gotta do what you gotta do...
    most people I see talks about warriors as if they were being one shoted by autoattacks or something...

And they have 0 idea how do they even work.

Here is a log of our Krosus kill before 7.2 ... I took slightly more damage than our guardian druid (wish IP was considered mitigated damage in logs but well...)and the fight is 90% magic.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...e=damage-taken

Warriors are completly viable, just as other tanks, it just requires an actuall knowledge of the class and effort to play correctly not just mash ironfur/MoU and call it a day

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    A bit misleading there, you don't have 15% dmg reduction just from concordance. It is better for tanks then most people in the thread are claiming, but not nearly as good as 15%. As far as 11800, nobody is reaching that outside of some massive changes to AP acquisition. You need 866 trillion AP to max, realisticly anything above rank 15 is unlikely for most and that is a reach. http://www.wowhead.com/artifact-calc...YWAWFwFhgPZuAQ

- - - Updated - - -

A smart guild uses the best tools they have. If they are too complicated for some to use or so easy a drunk monkey could do it isn't on them, that is Blizzard's design.
    I agree with the second part this is all on Blizz design.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post

- - - Updated - - -

damage mitigation from versatility is 1/2 of or 50% of versatility.

when concordance procs and I am sitting at 30% versatility that is absolutely 15% mitigation at the time of the proc.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

The change to auto-consuming souls will be a pretty big buff to DHs defensively.

DHs will be sitting at around 90% physical mitigation for parryable damage
    On my DH at 910 on the ptr I have:

48% from armor
    20% demonic wards
    5% 2-piece
    ~5% from painbringer
    35% from DS
    55% avoidance average

Which leaves 11% damage taken.

That's ignoring fiery brand which is 40% mitigation for ~15 seconds every minute. For mitigation, I really don't see other tanks having an advantage. It's raid utility/cheese that DHs lack.

when concordance procs and I am sitting at 30% versatility that is absolutely 15% mitigation at the time of the proc.
    You kinda made it sound like concordance alone gave you 30% versatility,probably why people got confused

Not only from concordance though. You spun it like concordance did that on it's own. Which is exactly what I said in the last post so I am sure you will repeat yourself again and keep on spewing nonsense.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    You kinda made it sound like concordance alone gave you 30% versatility,probably why people got confused
    There isn't any confusion, but when somebody is making a case for something exaggerations just derail their own point.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal View Post
    Gotta do what you gotta do...
    most people I see talks about warriors as if they were being one shoted by autoattacks or something...

And they have 0 idea how do they even work.

Here is a log of our Krosus kill before 7.2 ... I took slightly more damage than our guardian druid (wish IP was considered mitigated damage in logs but well...)and the fight is 90% magic.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...e=damage-taken

Warriors are completly viable, just as other tanks, it just requires an actuall knowledge of the class and effort to play correctly not just mash ironfur/MoU and call it a day
    You should check what druid mastery does. Average bear can take 15-20% more damage than you and he will still be tankier. Other tanks are good, but druids are beasts!