Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    It's insane for Affliction. If this proc'd with Whispers gg, or Mythic+. Getting this to proc while spamming Seeds would be insane.
    hardly insane.

Just compared it to a M Elisande kill with a demo lock and aff lock. The demo lock cast exactly 3x more shards than the aff lock. slightly worse for the demo lock, but even for the aff lock that it amounted to 72 shards over 336 seconds (you'd have to subtract a few for exchanging the belt for the chest), which is aprox. 56 seconds of chest uptime. 56 / 336 is exactly 1/6, so 16.667% x 20% damage buff is, on average, 3.33% more damage.

This will work out differently of course, if it procs when you're draining UAs, or doing Haunt dump or something. It also is better if you have Deadwind up. But you can't predict these things to control, so I would guess that if you're getting a normal proc rate, you'd be looking at maybe 4% extra damage from the chest, which is good for sure, but claims of "insane" are a bit silly imo.

Careful with these assumptions, though: Did you wear hat/belt during farm? those 2 increase your shard generation quite a bit and you would not be able to wear both together with the chest.

Also: You're playing with the 4-set which again increases shard generation more than the new 2-set.

More shards available --> More shards spent --> perceived higher uptime.

Lastly, the pure fact that it is a Tier slot also would mean that this legendary needs to compete with the 2+4 set combinations vs. for example Prydaz, Belt or any of the rings.
    I did have the hood on which won't change next patch so that stays the same. No belt. I do get your point though. 10% is also low enough for rng to be all over the place from pull to pull.