Thread: Fervent Martyr

Deleted

Fervent Martyr

Is it just me or is this talent still really useless? I tried it and it still seems really worthless compared to the other 2 on that line. Why dont they just get rid of that talent entirely and make it something we actually want?
    I dont really have mana problems to speak of and using LoTM enough to warrant taking this talent seems somewhat crazy. Both Sanctified wrath and JoL are just to strong to even compare to such an awfully designed talent.

Thoughts?

The problem with the talent is that people who built for LoTM aka leech gear.
    Has literally no reason to use FoL outside of topping themselves up and another target or needing heals on both both beacon targets (Beacon of Faith). And LoTM has better HPM if we're only healing one target with zero overheals or taking on the role of spot heal patchup.

With the no health cost after FoL cast and leech. It will cause the leech portion to overheal on ourselves. To make this trait even remotely viable at least for the leech spec, one would need to make it something like the following:

Using Light of The Martyr causes your next Holy Light/Flash of Light/Holy Shock/Light of Dawn to also heal you and your beacon target for 50%(?) of the amount healed. Stacking two times.

It's a lot better on PTR.

Basically it reduces the health and mana cost of LoTM by 25% and it stacks after every FoL. Doesn't need to be cast on beacon target either. So fervent Martyr+stoicism (artifact trait- reduces health cost of LoTM by 15%) could actually make LoTM a very viable spell.

However I doubt we'd give up JoL or SW for FM even in its current PTR form. So I dunno, but for those who are attempting to make LoTM a viable part of their rotation PTR version of FM is definitely a good choice for that.

Maybe it'll be a viable build in M+ since we don't really use JoL there and instant heals are very useful in M+. I'm not really sure though.

Deleted
    Hmm even with the build on MMO im still not convinced (Not without trying it anyway) that its going to be better then JoL or SW. I guess we'll see. I use LoTM in mythics I must admit. But im still not convinced having a talent for it is the way to go.

Also the leech build revolves around you actually getting leech on your gear, which isnt easy. I have raided Normal/Heroic and now Mythic for ages now and picked up only 1 piece. So I guess its pointless trying this build.
    If the basis for this talent is for the 1 in 10,000 people that manage to get enough leech i'll laugh hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Tovart View Post
    Hmm even with the build on MMO im still not convinced (Not without trying it anyway) that its going to be better then JoL or SW. I guess we'll see. I use LoTM in mythics I must admit. But im still not convinced having a talent for it is the way to go.

Also the leech build revolves around you actually getting leech on your gear, which isnt easy. I have raided Normal/Heroic and now Mythic for ages now and picked up only 1 piece. So I guess its pointless trying this build.
    If the basis for this talent is for the 1 in 10,000 people that manage to get enough leech i'll laugh hard.
    Well if they change it to how I proposed it then you wouldn't really need that much Leech or any for it to work. But yeah, I'm blessed with 25% leech which allows me to LoTM quite freely with no repercussions.

Quote Originally Posted by SnorlaxJeng View Post
    Well if they change it to how I proposed it then you wouldn't really need that much Leech or any for it to work. But yeah, I'm blessed with 25% leech which allows me to LoTM quite freely with no repercussions.
    Are you sacrificing any intellect or other stats and ignoring upgrades to maintain that level in leech?

Quote Originally Posted by Timadin View Post
    Are you sacrificing any intellect or other stats and ignoring upgrades to maintain that level in leech?
    General rule is if it is +15 ilvl Crit + X or +20 ilvl No Crit vs a Leech gear. Aka:

880 Crit/Mastery/Leech vs 895 Mastery/Versa. Keep for backup but do not replace.
    880 Crit/Mastery/Leech vs 895 Crit/Mastery. Keep for backup replace if more throughput needed.
    880 Crit/Mastery/Leech vs 910 Crit/Mastery. Replace.
    880 Mastery/Versa/Leech vs 895 Mastery/Versa. Do not replace at all.
    880 Mastery/Versa/Leech vs 895 Crit/Mastery. Replace if Crit goes beyond 40% do not if already at 40%.

I did manage to roll a relinquish Arcanocrystal with Leech. 3/3 Relic on LoTM. Legendaries are Obsidian and Prydaz. Might consider replacing Prydaz with Maraad or 7.2.5 New Legendary Head depending on how good it is but it would require a 3/3 relic change to get LoD + DP to be worth be viable in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by SnorlaxJeng View Post
    General rule is if it is +15 ilvl Crit + X or +20 ilvl No Crit vs a Leech gear. Aka:

880 Crit/Mastery/Leech vs 895 Mastery/Versa. Keep for backup but do not replace.
    880 Crit/Mastery/Leech vs 895 Crit/Mastery. Keep for backup replace if more throughput needed.
    880 Crit/Mastery/Leech vs 910 Crit/Mastery. Replace.
    880 Mastery/Versa/Leech vs 895 Mastery/Versa. Do not replace at all.
    880 Mastery/Versa/Leech vs 895 Crit/Mastery. Replace if Crit goes beyond 40% do not if already at 40%.

I did manage to roll a relinquish Arcanocrystal with Leech. 3/3 Relic on LoTM. Legendaries are Obsidian and Prydaz. Might consider replacing Prydaz with Maraad or 7.2.5 New Legendary Head depending on how good it is but it would require a 3/3 relic change to get LoD + DP to be worth be viable in my opinion.
    Interesting. I disagree with the play style but whatever floats your boat!