Neck choice...what would you do and why...

Situation...both sim close to the same, running a simulation multiple times, one can be higher than the other but they are always within the error of each other. Fact/Problem/Issue: Haste has always been over valued in sims...even with softcaps haste is still over valued.

Neck #1: Mastery 82% , Crit 26%, Haste 15%, Versatility 3% Leech 6%

Neck #2: Mastery 94% , Crit 24%, Haste 12%, Versatility 3% Leech 6%

Note: end goal change versatility to haste but RNG is RNG and i added leech just to brag (BWAHAHAHAHAH)

What would you wear and why?

More haste choice, because your haste is very low anyway, so it most likely has a higher value for you.

Quote Originally Posted by gushDH View Post
    More haste choice, because your haste is very low anyway, so it most likely has a higher value for you.
    I don't think that logic makes sense. While it's true that stats you are low on tend to become more powerful, this would already be factored into the sims and the sims specifically say that the haste does not have a higher value for the OP. Since the sims say both necklaces give the same DPS, what we're looking for is how the sims might be flawed, and which of the two necklaces do these flaws favour (such that they would become better to use in game).

One way to resolve this dilemma might be to do a 2 or 3 target sim. If one necklace sims better in the 2 or 3 target sims, then that necklace would be superior overall according to the sims, since it's equal in single target, but superior in 2/3 targets.

Another method might be to check how the damage report from the sims compares to your actual ingame logs. If for example the sims say 60% of your damage is from pets/focus spenders, whereas you actually deal 70% of your damage from pets/focus spenders, then mastery is being undervalued in the sims, and the necklace with more mastery would perform better than the sims are saying.

If both these methods fail to produce a clear winner, then I'd personally go for the one with less haste. The more haste you have, the more buttons you have to press, which would mean reaction time and latency have more a pronounced negative effect on your DPS. Having to push more buttons, faster, would also lend itself to making a higher rate of mistakes in your rotation (since you have less time to make decisions). This effect is very tiny though, probably insignificant. In the end I doubt you'd see any noticeable difference between either of the two necklaces.
    Last edited by Turtel; 2017-05-26 at 02:42 AM.

Whichever transmogs the best.