Deleted

Warlock in arena (with Retridin friend)

Hi there.

I've been playing warlock since the beginning of time, but I've mostly played PvE. However, recently, I have been keen to do some PvP and I've played quite a bit of 2's and 3's with my friend who is a ret pala. I never put out enough damage so I'm seeking a bit of advice.

I've been searching for guides but most of them are pre 7.2 so a bit has changed since then, so I am looking for something more up-to-date (and in-depth). Whether it's a video or text-based doesn't matter. Please refer me to good guides if you know of any
    Besides that, here is a few questions I'd like to hear your thoughts about (and which is what I'm also searching asnwers for in the guides)

Ad 1) Which spec "should" I play. I know that I "should" play whichever is most fun (since our rating sucks) but I hate losing so I would also like to be somewhat competitive. I've been playing affliction so far, but I feel like I die too easy and also I do like 50% of the damage he does? Why do you think that is?

Ad 2) Which talents (regular AND pvp) are recommended? I reckon talents will change depending on whether we face melee cleave, shadowplay or whichever combination people play. Suggestions on changes that are match-up dependent is most welcome.

All three specs are viable in arena. If you find your self locked down by melee often. Consider WiA and AC for less casting more freedom with movement and positioning.
    Although, most of the high rated warlocks are affliction. I would recommend googling WoW arena ladders and looking at the top warlocks and see what they are doing.
    Demo and destro both have good honor talents and potential 1 shots. Requires a lot of set up and luck, but fun. Both Demo and destro have a shorter cool down on unending resolve .
    Nerdrage-15 Minute Cooldown. You enter a berserker rage, increasing typing speed by 75%, chance to hit CAPS LOCK by 50% and decreasing chance to get laid by 100%. You feel no pity or remorse and can not be stopped unless banned.

Deleted
    I am currently running WiA, AC, HoT, SL, DS, GoServ, PS, but my damage just seems so low.

My playstyle goes like this: Dot everything up with 3 dots and a UA, if I got time to cast.
    After that pick up on the CC chain our healer started (if I get to cast any spells at all).

While doing this my paladin friend has done 3x my amount of damage and when the match eventually ends he has done, on average, 50% more damage than me.

It just doesn't make sense to me.

EDIT: And thank you for the answer

Deleted
    probalby ur dots was dispelled... but anyway this exp is made for a melee dps not for a casters... and the ret is retardly storng like always.

probably the best way for you to improve is to watch streams of locks from the very top of the ladder. (dudes like maldiva, wallirik). All three specs are viable in arena atm.

Deleted
    Thanks.

I feel like my big problem when playing affliction is my positioning in general and also keeping track of my heal.

With demo and destro I feel my biggest problem is the dps. With melee interrupts I find it incredibly hard to do any kind of dps.

Do you guys have any tips/videos/guides/whatever that asks and answers these question? Or can you write a few tips to this maggot?

Thank you