Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Personally, where I do think it would be nice if it automatically respecced you to the role you were put in for - that's mainly down to my own laziness as I could very well respec before joining, so it's purely quality of life.
    I usually queue as healer, but if you have another 1 or 2 well geared healers in the group which inevitably you do, I always offer to respec to dps. More often than not that is welcomed. If it doesn't look like healing is stable, i'll go back - no problem.

Its annoying if people wont switch, but i dont really think you can force responsible behaviour without punishing the people who dont need it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sixthumbs View Post
    As a healer who plays DPS in LFR:

Would you rather want me to DPS or be AFK? Because having 5 healers is like having 3 players afk in a raid.
    I'd rather have you do your assigned role, regardless if it's needed or not. You never ever know if the others fuck up and die and you WILL be needed in your assigned role. It happens far too often still on Odyn that people don't leave the area and die. If all the actual healers die there, who's going to heal the rest of the raid when you're doing damage?

The only exception to the above that I find acceptable, is Disc priests. As long as they do their Atonement now and then, doing damage is just fine.

who cares its lfr. if you want a better raiding experience do normal.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    As title says. Been farming LFR lately for augment runes, about 50% of the runs I get into has people playing as a spec they didn't queue for to skip on queue timers. Occasionally it's even so bad that we only have 2 healers, or the group that I just ran with that had *4* tanks.

Would it be so hard to force people to play as the spec they actually signed up with? Just set their spec to whatever they queued as upon entry and prevent them from changing.
    Who the hell cares? It's LFR. Every time I do it there are at least six-seven DPS under the tanks, who by the way can basically solo-tank everything without ever really needing to swap, while all the healers DPS, because outgoing damage is almost non-existant.

If your group is SO hard up that you're actually wiping in LFR, you're better off just leaving it entirely because that group has more problems that a couple votekicks will fix.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

On one hand, I definitely agree that people should be forced or at least kicked for gaming the system like that.

On the other hand, since the bosses just fall over out of fright, I probably wouldn't bother ever instigating a kick. Just not worth the 3 seconds that might take. That's how little I'd care.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post

sometimes it can take a while to find a tank, and there have been bosses where you do need 2.
    I personally found that to not be that big of a problem, unless I was playing at like 3 am. Your mileage may vary.

As far as bosses go that actually need 2 tanks, the only ones I can think of are Odyn (too much work to get a dps to take hymdall/hyrja), with a few more that I could see as hard to solo because of debuffs like spellblade, krosus and botanist.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    Who the hell cares? It's LFR. Every time I do it there are at least six-seven DPS under the tanks, who by the way can basically solo-tank everything without ever really needing to swap, while all the healers DPS, because outgoing damage is almost non-existant.

If your group is SO hard up that you're actually wiping in LFR, you're better off just leaving it entirely because that group has more problems that a couple votekicks will fix.
    It's more a quality of life thing for me. I play mostly tank classes, having 1 tauntbot as cotank is already a pain in the ass, 1-2 more is a nightmare especially if they have no clue what they're doing.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

No reason to. The place can be done with no healers, and no tanks if people are geared.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

If you look at the dmg taken in most of the lfr fights, as a dps you don't take as much damage as you have health. So if you don't stand in shit you cannot die even if you have no healers. Obviously no-one standing in bad isn't realistic, particularly in lfr but still 5 healers is way overkill, you barely need 2 (maybe 3 if undergeared), so i'm glad when i see some of the healers are dps becuase it makes the run quicker.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aktec View Post
    If you look at the dmg taken in most of the lfr fights, as a dps you don't take as much damage as you have health. So if you don't stand in shit you cannot die even if you have no healers. Obviously no-one standing in bad isn't realistic, particularly in lfr but still 5 healers is way overkill, you barely need 2 (maybe 3 if undergeared), so i'm glad when i see some of the healers are dps becuase it makes the run quicker.
    I get where the healers here are coming from, hadn't considered their point of view. I know our pala healer only wants to solo heal heroic atm because it's too boring otherwise. Haven't healed this expansion, maybe lower the baseline amount of healers needed for LFR? Lowers queue times for dps while we're at it.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

I get where the healers here are coming from, hadn't considered their point of view. I know our pala healer only wants to solo heal heroic atm because it's too boring otherwise. Haven't healed this expansion, maybe lower the baseline amount of healers needed for LFR? Lowers queue times for dps while we're at it.
    Given that healers are usually the bottleneck, I'd go along with this, at least for anything below current raid. Even in NH I've had healers say they were bored but that's totally dependent on the tanks.

For something like Xavius, which I run 4-5 times/week (gotta get them satchels boys)... I'd probably have more fun with no healer, right now it's just pull, go through a couple rotations, then stand there and let him swing on me while I talk in guild or do something else.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

Deleted
    how do I die in LFR?

Quote Originally Posted by Sixthumbs View Post
    how do I die in LFR?
    Don't move when Krosus Slams.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

Come to think of it, pretty sure arenas and random battlegrounds already force you to play what you signed up with.
    Yeah they do.

Why they don't do this in LFR I have no idea.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jimson View Post
    Don't move when Krosus Slams.
    Or stand in the flames of sargeras on Gul'dan

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    OP's post as usual lacks any foresight or common sense.

Do lfr, tank drops out after one boss. Helpful dps wants to switch to tank but can't because the OP's idiotic fucking idea got implemented.

Yea, no.
    I rather wait 3 seconds for a new tank to join than have 0 healers and wipe because they are all dps.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    No reason to. The place can be done with no healers, and no tanks if people are geared.
    Sure it can. It can also be a disaster if you get a shitty group. I rather have a well balanced group that clear the place steadily. things die quick anyway nowadays.