Do you anticipate a filler raid before Argus?

I believe that there will be a filler raid before the big Argus raid just like Trial of Valor.

1. ToS only has 9 bosses, which is an uncharacteristically low boss count for a modern day raid tier. T19 had 20, T18 had 13, T17 had 17, T16 had 14, etc.

2. A 9 boss raid would have a life span of about 4.5 months, which would mean that without a filler raid, Argus would be released right in the Christmas period, which would be catastrophic for participation numbers.

3. A filler raid over the Christmas period would give Blizzard time to release the big Argus raid after the new year and maximise participation and retention.

In summary, I am anticipating a 3-4 boss filler raid after ToS to tie us over the new year before Argus is released.

Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    I believe that there will be a filler raid before the big Argus raid just like Trial of Valor.

1. ToS only has 9 bosses, which is an uncharacteristically low boss count for a modern day raid tier. T19 had 20, T18 had 13, T17 had 17, T16 had 14, etc.
    WAT?! You can't include the intro raids...yes they are part of the same tier but they were spread out over time. You didn't do them together. You started with EN then NH...which is why for the "life span" reasoning as you explain, these should be separated.

9 bosses is PLENTY for 4.5 months. Nighthold had 10 and it lasted just the right amount of time. So no, no filler raid is needed.

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post

2. A 9 boss raid would have a life span of about 4.5 months, which would mean that without a filler raid, Argus would be released right in the Christmas period, which would be catastrophic for participation numbers.

3. A filler raid over the Christmas period would give Blizzard time to release the big Argus raid after the new year and maximise participation and retention.

In summary, I am anticipating a 3-4 boss filler raid after ToS to tie us over the new year before Argus is released.
    A normal question. You feeling okay? =)
    I do anticipate something. From a narrative standpoint it'd feel jarring if we suddenly "warp" to Argus without some sort of lead-in. It can be a raid, a scenario, an event, or a combination of it.
    I'm not going to be hopeful for it, but I'll accept it as a reasonable prediction.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    9 bosses is PLENTY for 4.5 months. Nighthold had 10 and it lasted just the right amount of time. So no, no filler raid is needed.
    argus will not happen in 2k17. January 2k18 at best.