Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Murderdoll View Post
    You said he played on a tablet and then did nothing to actually clarify your statement only furthering the misconception in other posts.

Your statement takes a gigantic leap instead of simply saying "He uses a graphics tablet as a mouse".

Its like saying I play WoW on a computer desk. Whilst yes, I do infact play ON a desk, the desk doesnt run the game.
    Fucking nerd. Let's argue fucking semantics of English language in a thread that is clearly about controllers.
    Installing WoW on your mobile device.. how would that even work?! I think it was pretty damn clear what I meant. And I even linked his twitter thread which clearly states it's about controller device.

Jesus...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Firatha View Post
    Nice right to fuck off white knight routine how about you think before you spout any more garbage like your other post see post below from murder
    Look man, I can't help you're an imbecile. This thread is clearly a controller discussion.
    The idea that "someone plays on a tablet" - how the fuck do you leap into the conlusion that it would be about someone installing WoW on their mobile device?!?
    I mean WTF.. surely you can't be that thick?!?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    He's also the one going ballistic upon being called out on his inaccuracies. I don't think he realises how much that tells us about him.
    Oh lol, let's just jump in and snipe away, right?

Worst type of whiteknighting.
    Last edited by mmoc0e47cbaaf5; 2017-05-28 at 11:40 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Can you? Yes.

Does it make any sense to? Not really.

Does anybody really do it? I'm sure there's at least one weird motherfucker out there who thinks that using a controller to play WoW makes them special but it's really a square peg/round hole type issue.

Just because you can doesn't mean you should.
    Worth pointing out some people have to:

(I know that's not what you were alluding to, but worth mentioning nonetheless)

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    It takes a while to get used to and I wouldn't use it for anything above normal mode raiding. But it's nice to relax your fingers with a controller after a long day of using a keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordfish Trombone View Post
    Celestalon plays on a tablet
    He obviously doesn't play the game at all...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynzie View Post
    He obviously doesn't play the game at all...
    According to his own words, he plays - and not very casually either (someone questioned him that twitter thread I linked).

Quote Originally Posted by Belmonkey View Post
    Still, it seems like not many people see a controller as a viable option for playing WoW. I suppose one of the bigger obstacles to overcome is wanting to actually bother putting time into a different input method (especially when already good with m+kb), but controllers really aren't too bad for WoW. Probably enough for normal / heroic raiding, at least.
    I know you don't want to hear this, but how the hell would you accurately heal quickly? At no point will a thumbstick be accurate enough to keep everyone alive in a raid environment.

P.s. it just barely works in Destiny and The Division why you think it would work well is beyond me...

Of course not. The game is made for mouse and keyboard. It's possible to use a gamepad like it's possible to drive with your knees. Not the way it's intended to be done and you'd lose a lot of control doing it, but hell sometimes when you are drunk it's a lot of fun to try.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by VooDsXo View Post
    I know you don't want to hear this, but how the hell would you accurately heal quickly? At no point will a thumbstick be accurate enough to keep everyone alive in a raid environment.

P.s. it just barely works in Destiny and The Division why you think it would work well is beyond me...
    Well I personally don't use a joystick for aiming, I use gyro. It uses the wrists to assist mouse movement and can be more accurate than a joystick. It works pretty well with the Steam controllers track pads because you can bind 9-16 hot keys to a track pad for healing spells that only need a single click from the thumb to work. It can be a bit like an mmo mouse with lots of side buttons.

Tbh, I haven't really felt the desire to put much effort into learning another controller for WoW because I feel it couldn't handle the job as well, so I guess I'm kinda guilty of that way of thinking too : /

I personally don't play with a controller(I main tank), but the off-tank I raid with plays with a Xbox 360 controller. We are currently 10/10 heroic. I suppose it depends on the person and their play style, as it's surely not impossible for tanks and dps, but I could see it becoming a problem for healers above 5 man content.

There are game conrrollers with a built in keyboard and a built in touchpad to move the mouse. I wonder if those would work well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    There are game conrrollers with a built in keyboard and a built in touchpad to move the mouse. I wonder if those would work well.
    Perhaps if you do a lot of typing. I just have 18 hotkeys bound to my DS4's touchpad whenever I use it (for shortcut keys for bags, skills, etc) so they are out of the way, but still all fairly easily accessible to my thumbs. And it's not like analog sticks won't work for mouse movement, they just won't be great for it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    If someone genuinely finds it fun, then fair play. If I was making a group and someone told me they played with one, I'd kick them but that's just me
    Ehh, can't really blame ya too much. If I ever mention it, it's only after I've already proved myself as a valid raid member by topping meters after quite a few HC NH bosses. Would be pretty iffy inviting someone up front about that. I do run into quite a few people that don't seem all that great with m+kb though, so I guess you never know.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    There is no true analogue movement in WoW so using a controller is a terrible idea.

It could be done if blizzard properly supported them like FFXIV does, but they don't. The movement is too damn jank when you bind it to a controller.
    well, im sorry but even in ff14, that suck, nothing would ever be better than keyboard for movement + targeting mob/zoning, targeting ground etc with mouse ..

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    If someone genuinely finds it fun, then fair play. If I was making a group and someone told me they played with one, I'd kick them but that's just me
    Id kick you from my guild for booting people for reasons like that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kaintk View Post
    well, im sorry but even in ff14, that suck, nothing would ever be better than keyboard for movement + targeting mob/zoning, targeting ground etc with mouse ..
    It's all about how you set things up tbh. Don't really have to be as precise as an fps game to maintain a decent level of perform-ability.

You know, something I've actually been wondering about (as I've never owned the console), but if you attach one of those mini keyboard things they sell with the xbox controllers, does that get recognized as a keyboard by the PC & in WoW so you can peck and type off it?

They want to port WoW to consoles so that they can steal some subs from FFXIV console players. That's why they create more and more specs with 3-button gameplay.

I will immediately kick anyone who use controller in progress raid. It's not funny, when you handicap whole group with your shenanigans.

Deleted
    My question is: Can I play WoW with my Logitech G920 Steering Wheel?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xezar View Post
    You know, something I've actually been wondering about (as I've never owned the console), but if you attach one of those mini keyboard things they sell with the xbox controllers, does that get recognized as a keyboard by the PC & in WoW so you can peck and type off it?
    Well I read that the Xbox One chatpad might work to some extent, but others may need drivers. You'd have to look it up some more.

Quote Originally Posted by Danuel View Post
    I will immediately kick anyone who use controller in progress raid. It's not funny, when you handicap whole group with your shenanigans.
    Some people may be better with a controller than they are with m+kb D:

Maybe.