Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Neither me or any of my friends had to google location of PvP vendor (can't you ask guard for location these days?), and doesn't obliterium forge says that you can shove pvp items in it? Maybe i just tried it out and it worked.
    Everything can be solved or found by yourself, it's just the case of "well i searched for 1 minute i suppose i have to google it" or "well i searched for 1 minute, probably i have to search better", which is fine human reaction, but i don't like that attitude as a player - it kinda kills the adventure
    holy crap you can obliterate pvp gear? i honestly didnt know this lol. but then again i dont pay attention to little stuff or pvp. Does this also apply to world quest pvp gear? but honestly what you need obliteratium for anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by HitRefresh View Post
    Not to mention the requirement to use many add-ons. It would be pretty neat if the game had a clean interface for things like boss warnings and the like. Should treasure locations really be hidden from players who don't get an add-on to see where they are? It's weird to think about how disadvantageous it would be not to have any.
    No addons are required. At all. I've known plenty of people who play without a single addon at all. Even raiders who don't use DBM or anything like it. Any UI issues you have are your own, I personally use a default UI and like it far better than every custom UI I've seen. Some people don't want to see the locations of the treasures, and the point of them is to explore. I have an addon to show them to me because I normally do my exploration very late, after I have flying, but that's my choice.

Story-wise, someone unfamiliar with WoW probably doesn't understand that 1-60 takes place during its 3rd expansion, then goes back to its 1st then 2nd then 3rd again. And it's like they just want to ignore that stuff, so here's a level boost, just skip that shit.
    That's far from the point of the level boost. It's there so people like your SO can play with you faster. Though I do agree the strangeness of what the cata revamp did can be jaring and confusing for new people. I think it's one of the reasons why they haven't redone any other past content.

I can feel the sort of hacked-togetherness of a lot of content. Things are just missing that final pass or something. I feel like yeah, it's fine for people who have been playing the game for a while, but it's kind of punishing to people who don't usually play this stuff. I think that's probably really important for growing the player population, as opposed to just doing enough to mostly maintain it.

Does anyone else feel this way?
    I disagree that it's 'hacked together.' It's like walking in on the last episode of a show, asking what's going on, and getting a broken picture of the entire show and saying it all sounds 'hacked together.' Once a game or show reaches a certain age there's nothing can be done for new people short of a complete and total reset. Yeah there's a certain level of expectation that people know what's going on, because nearly everyone does and at this point new people are a rarity. Bringing old players back is possibly easier for Blizz than drawing in new people. And of course holding who it has is easiest of all.