Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    HC has meant Heroic ever since the difficulty was added back in TBC. No idea what NHC is supposed to be though. I think he's referring to Normal, but I've never ever seen anybody call it NHC. Instance name without abberviation has always been used to refer to Normal mode, no matter if it was pre-WoD Normal (current HC) or current Normal, but some ppl also add the letter N.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

Quote Originally Posted by Koochulu View Post
    What the heck are you talking about NHC and HC? Do you mean Normal and Heroic? Because NHC and HC don't mean that.
    NHC and HC are common abreviations for normal and heroic mode in EU.
    http://imgur.com/a/FGhUf

I haven't seen NHC being used alot anymore, i think there was a period in the past that ppl used it to advertise Non Heroic dungeon runs or something.

Heroic - Desolate Host
    Normal - Maiden

Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper Benhir View Post
    Which boss in ToS is the first with mechanics complicated enough to stonewall pugs this first week? (e.g., Elethre, Spellblade...)
    Which is the hard gear check? (e.g., Ursoc, Guarm, Krosus...)
    Which boss will we see the most threads about in the next few days?
    1. mistress
    2. avatar
    3. host

Depends on Difficulty.

On Normal, Maiden is the first idiot check while Fallen Avatar is the gear check, everything before that is decently easy and forgiving but Maiden is not forgiving and Avatar has a decent dps check on normal.

On Heroic, the Goroth and Harjatan were pretty easy, Inquisition requires a bit of coordination with tanks/interrupts and the hps requirement is higher then normal. However Sisters/Mistress is the first brickwall in difficulty/dps (for now anyways).

Quote Originally Posted by nVIDIA View Post
    The desolate host
    That is one of the simplest fights in there, completely controlled by the tanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Richardbro View Post
    After already doing a 8/9 clear in a normal pug with 910+ ilevel people, I can tell already tell you that the Maiden of Vigilance will be a pugbreaker in mechanics 100%.

Fallen Avatar is a dps check, we barely made it with 910 ilevel raid wide.
    Wait what? You struggled with those bosses on normal? At ilvl 910? Wow. I hope you didn't lead because that is just pathetic. We rolled in to 8/9 at group ilvl of 900 average. Our hardest boss turned out to be the third one with the big naga guy and the murlocs because people were just dicks. Lol Maiden. Those mechanics have been out for about a decade and at least 7 years respectively. It isn't anything new and if anything, they are easier this time around.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by trajandreps View Post
    Was Maiden in 3 pugs I did on different chars. Maiden took 1-shot groups to disbanding in 2-3 pulls.
    Pretty simple. Only invite people who have 4 year anniversary FoS
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Yes.

I'd say normal KJ is far far easier then normal Archimonde was however...
    Opening week Archimonde was a tough bastard, after nerfs and the ring becoming a common thing- No.

I'm a casual player (not a regular guild raider). I pugged 8/9 HC this week over 2 days period (several random groups from LFG tool). The raid is not hard. No boss mechanics are hard. It's not gonna break groups who at least watch a video or read boss journal.

Here's proof, because bad players are gonna accuse me of lying: http://i.imgur.com/bQa4EjL.jpg
    Last edited by Korban; 2017-06-26 at 01:25 AM.

Deleted
    What the heck are you talking about NHC and HC? Do you mean Normal and Heroic? Because NHC and HC don't mean that.
    Every pleb in the world would understand what this terms mean... even if they are uncommonly in use

Quote Originally Posted by elprofessor View Post
    Every pleb in the world would understand what this terms mean... even if they are uncommonly in use
    And plebs also understand "your stupid." Doesn't make it right or even appropriate. NHC, if it is used in English, is dumb. If there's another language meaning, then my point is moot. But for ENGLISH, NHC does NOT mean Normal.

Maiden seems most punishing from what I've heard. It's got the most potential for one individual error to cause a wipe. N/HC are generally tuned around individual mistakes not causing wipes, so people have less patience for it. Hence pugbreaker.

Deleted
    And plebs also understand "your stupid." Doesn't make it right or even appropriate. NHC, if it is used in English, is dumb. If there's another language meaning, then my point is moot. But for ENGLISH, NHC does NOT mean Normal.
    This is correct, NHC is the abbreviation of non-herioc. This term exist and is always in use since BC, so its custom. No one cares if this term makes sense or whatever.

nonheroic (aka the non-normal difficulty) and heroic (the former "normal" one fits it all difficulty from classic / tbc). Normal is an american thing- but this discussion is old as fuck.

Mythic is also "non-heroic"... And so is LFR...

Just sayin...

Madness will consume you!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper Benhir View Post
    Which boss in ToS is the first with mechanics complicated enough to stonewall pugs this first week? (e.g., Elethre, Spellblade...)
    Which is the hard gear check? (e.g., Ursoc, Guarm, Krosus...)
    Which boss will we see the most threads about in the next few days?
    1. Desolate Host. In my experience (Pugged normal twice) this is the hardest pug boss besides Kil'jaeden.
    2. Avatar
    3. Kil'Jaeden without a doubt. I think he's going to be similar in difficulty to Archimonde.
    HEROES NEVER DIE

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Not even sure where to begin with this post. You can clearly see in my profile i've killed 8/9 on normal, and all the mechanics I talked about relate to normal just as much as they relate to heroic. I assure you I will full clear heroic within the first couple weeks of this raid being out though, so no need to worry whether I completed the raid or not. lol.

also, inb4 "herpa derp you didn't complet the rayd the firs day it come out!"
    Oh yes, i would love to see you try to beat Maiden / Avatar and KJ. Heck even Desolate Host and Sisters. (all on heroic, obviously)
    Might not want to relate to the personality in your profile pic too much when it comes to self proclamations. Good tip to save face.

We had trouble with the early bosses on hc, and just flew through the later ones. Hardest bosses for my pug was in order:
    1. Mistress
    2. Sisters
    3. Demonic Inquisition
    4. Harjatan

Killing KJ tonight but he'll probably be the hardest. I feel like Host, Maiden and Avatar mostly rely on the tanks so having me in the group probably carried the group there since I'm nr 1 tank eu.