Unholy DK Tier 20 set bonus questions

So I have two questions... about these descriptions.
    2 piece set bonus - "Each ghoul summoned by Army of the Dead increases your damage dealt by 15% for 3 sec. Duration extends and does not stack."
    Apocalypse - "Grants the Apocalypse Ability, which summons members of your Army of the Dead to fight for you."
    1st Question - The way the description reads I would think summoning 8 ghouls with AoD would have this 15% damage buff last for 24 seconds, but for me its only lasting 3 seconds.... Why is that?

2nd Question - Technically speaking shouldn't this buff be applied with the ghouls summoned from Apocalypse as well, since they are "Army of the Dead" also?

Anyway I was just wondering... Thanks!

Deleted
    Well either completely fucked up design (and will cause UHDK rage in the upcoming days), or it's simply bugged, imo.

Thanks, yeah I'm going to report it as a bug. I was lucky enough to get two tier pieces last night and quickly noticed it wasn't working correctly...

just out of Curiosity can anyone check if "all will serve" procs 2pc bonus

so summon and resummon your pets to keep the buff going

Deleted
    Ghouls summoned by Army of the Dead should trigger the effect, not Army of the Dead ghouls summoned by Apocalypse.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SignalBlitzkrieg View Post
    Ghouls summoned by Army of the Dead should trigger the effect, not Army of the Dead ghouls summoned by Apocalypse.
    apocalypse summons army of the dead.. of course it triggers

Deleted
    It doesn't matter whether they are Army of the Dead ghouls or not but whether they are summoned by Army of the Dead.

Quote Originally Posted by SignalBlitzkrieg View Post
    It doesn't matter whether they are Army of the Dead ghouls or not but whether they are summoned by Army of the Dead.
    Well I can tell you for a fact, as of last night the Army of Dead skill was only procing a 3 second buff, even though 8 zombies proced with AoD. And there was absolutely no buff at all with a apocalypse proc....

I hope they fix this soon!

i just got 2p on live and its working just fine
    rank 1 dk
    find me on vindicatum.com

Quote Originally Posted by FinestHour View Post
    i just got 2p on live and its working just fine
    Does it work with apioc and aotd? Some of the logs I saw yesterday suggested it should do that as well.

sorry, yes confirm it does work with both army and apoc use
    rank 1 dk
    find me on vindicatum.com

Deleted
    Indeed, the MAIN problem for me, when summoning Army pre-pull is wasting the buff as the timer goes down. 4 globals worth of damage not receiving the buff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drudgery View Post
    Indeed, the MAIN problem for me, when summoning Army pre-pull is wasting the buff as the timer goes down. 4 globals worth of damage not receiving the buff.
    Delaying Army untill after Apoc also comes with the drawback of missing 5 runes of cooldown reduction and 3 runes you would otherwise use on other shit like FS after Apoc. In the end I think it event out alot between prepopping and doing it after apoc, down to personal preference almost.
    Cerunnir - Frost/Blood Death Knight

Quote Originally Posted by FinestHour View Post
    sorry, yes confirm it does work with both army and apoc use
    Ah okay thanks, would have made no sense if they suddenely made a destinction here between army and apoc ghouls. Not sure why some people were so adamant about it having to be this way.

- - - Updated - - -

Does that prepull summon even make sense anymore? I kinda like it better to apply dot, then festering until I have 6+ stacks, apoc, army (now I have full RP), DA, dump some free DCs/RP and DT (since the rest of the ghouls should have spawned by now). I guess I loose out on some buffs for the apoc ghouls since they die faster anyway.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2017-06-22 at 07:52 AM.

Deleted
    Blizzard is not known for strictly and precisely documenting effects in their games so Apocalypse proccing the bonus is understandable and probably intentional but the wording of the bonus is not about what is being summoned (Army of the Dead ghouls) but what summons them (Army of the Dead or Apocalypse).
    Last edited by mmoc422ae73adc; 2017-06-22 at 09:24 AM.

Deleted
    Army costing no runes, and off GCD would fix both these issues. Now of course for some, that might be asking a lot. But given the way the set bonus works, it would help and improve QoL with gameplay more so than dps, since the impact on overall dps is marginal at best. Some may argue that this further compounds the problem of army being a cast and forget issue, but I think it pretty much has become that already.

Army costing no runes, and off GCD would fix both these issues. Now of course for some, that might be asking a lot. But given the way the set bonus works, it would help and improve QoL with gameplay more so than dps, since the impact on overall dps is marginal at best. Some may argue that this further compounds the problem of army being a cast and forget issue, but I think it pretty much has become that already.
    they'll never fix army like that, cuz that would make it a functional spell. Stampede was on a 10min timer, but it was just a simple button. No resource use or anything. But with unholy, lol say goodbye to runes.

Quote Originally Posted by spanishninja View Post
    they'll never fix army like that, cuz that would make it a functional spell. Stampede was on a 10min timer, but it was just a simple button. No resource use or anything. But with unholy, lol say goodbye to runes.
    I'm not sure this is really true anymore. Army is now more interesting than Stampede ever was due to our artifact traits that adjust it. The rune cost is definitely needed because of the power it brings. Even with average gear the ghoul pop at the end approaches 2 million damage single target and can easily exceed it. Add in the good damage the ghoul do through attacks and the debuffs they bring and you have a very powerful ability for only 3 runes.

Say goodbye to runes? It could cost 6 and I would be happy to press it.

Deleted
    Army damage is 100% additive to overall damage when used pre-pull, since it takes 6 seconds for your ghouls to spawn (this is never was the case back in the day, since it was an actual six second cast).

Casting it during combat now presents an almost simple and singular response, especially now with 4 piece, if it's available, you're going to cast it. There's no penalty for using a GCD for this spell other than the 3 runes associated with it, which in essence makes game play feel a little clunky and 'not fun'. This I understand could be seen as a subjective point of view.

I don't think making Army free of resources game breaking in the PVE world as it stands to date for us DKs. Your dps will increase marginally if this change was ever considered, but the quality of life improvements to game play far outweigh any dps advantage it might give us, which is to say, it's not going to be that much in regards to the dps department. Others may disagree, that's fine, but that's how I see it.

Army damage is 100% additive to overall damage when used pre-pull, since it takes 6 seconds for your ghouls to spawn (this is never was the case back in the day, since it was an actual six second cast).

Casting it during combat now presents an almost simple and singular response, especially now with 4 piece, if it's available, you're going to cast it. There's no penalty for using a GCD for this spell other than the 3 runes associated with it, which in essence makes game play feel a little clunky and 'not fun'. This I understand could be seen as a subjective point of view.

I don't think making Army free of resources game breaking in the PVE world as it stands to date for us DKs. Your dps will increase marginally if this change was ever considered, but the quality of life improvements to game play far outweigh any dps advantage it might give us, which is to say, it's not going to be that much in regards to the dps department. Others may disagree, that's fine, but that's how I see it.
    just from not wanting to murder the raid after somebody pulls at 4 seconds is good enough for me.