Poll: Moonkin Form should be cosmetic

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    I was testing it on my boomkin and the following toys will overwrite the form:

robo-gnomebulator, mr smites compass, jewel of hellfire, krastinovs bag of horrors, leyaras locket, cursed feather of ikzan, orb of the sindorei, coin of many faces, mark of the ashtoungue, moonfangs paw

Also, the Spectral grog (buy in auction house or farm in Draenor) will overwrite the boomkin form an it lasts 1 hour.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

They've literally brought back Owlbeasts into the beast roster with some funny tongue-in-cheek questlines, they developed an actual separate language and even made them a micro holiday for all things Moonkin, but yeah, they're gonna be a side dish in the near future because Moonkin is futile and people wanna see their transmog.
    If you still are thinking that Blizzard is a serious, edgy badass company that only made the Pandaren happen because they ran out of ideas then I really suggest you check again to see how much humor and goofiness they've got going on in all their universes.
    Moonkin is the epitome of the Balance spec and one of the most iconic parts of Druids, whether it came in TBC or in Vanilla.
    And if you're so against the idea of having a Moonkin form being mandatory, then don't use it. You're gonna lose DPS but, hey, it's a choice - for example I don't use the bolt spec for Demonology because I find it boring and I hate mana-tapping so I do less DPS but I'm happy with my gameplay. You can opt to do the same without trying to shake the core of the Balance Spec...

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteEagle888 View Post
    Yet these astral energies are not complete without the sun

Or you could have a mix between moon and sun... like a mix between moonkin and druid of the flame. Just a suggestion.
    Would be cool to mix it with something - a fire moonkin as the epitome of the moon, and "fire" as physical representation of the sun is indeed a nice idea I would support too.

Quote Originally Posted by Fappy View Post
    Would be cool to get a Malfurion-like form as an alternative.
    http://imgur.com/a/Jp3Mr comes to mind.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

I was upset when they took trent form away from me. I don't want them taking any more away damn it!

Should be able to change the appearance of the moonkin. Why can't moonkins change their color like the bears and cats?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyram View Post
    They've literally brought back Owlbeasts into the beast roster with some funny tongue-in-cheek questlines, they developed an actual separate language and even made them a micro holiday for all things Moonkin, but yeah, they're gonna be a side dish in the near future because Moonkin is futile and people wanna see their transmog.
    If you still are thinking that Blizzard is a serious, edgy badass company that only made the Pandaren happen because they ran out of ideas then I really suggest you check again to see how much humor and goofiness they've got going on in all their universes.
    Moonkin is the epitome of the Balance spec and one of the most iconic parts of Druids, whether it came in TBC or in Vanilla.
    And if you're so against the idea of having a Moonkin form being mandatory, then don't use it. You're gonna lose DPS but, hey, it's a choice - for example I don't use the bolt spec for Demonology because I find it boring and I hate mana-tapping so I do less DPS but I'm happy with my gameplay. You can opt to do the same without trying to shake the core of the Balance Spec...
    You can't really compare the two: If you choose one talent over another it doesn't have to be straight up about DPS,
    you can choose a talent because it offers a mechanic you like or because of something else entirely.

Currently you don't have a choice like that regarding balance druids: you need to use that form otherwise you wouldn't feel good playing that particular spec and would even be straight up kicked from raids. That needs to change so all balance druid players can enjoy their spec to its fullest.
    Last edited by WhiteEagle888; 2017-06-27 at 05:00 PM.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fappy View Post
    Would be cool to get a Malfurion-like form as an alternative.
    A Ravenbear variation would also be welcome.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

Another option may be to make the form a talent. Cosmetic glyph forms like Treant for Resto have proven that without active benefits to casting the form, it can be a hindrance to use it in content like pvp and raiding as the cosmetic glyph ability is on the GCD, and you'll be taken out of your form due to using abilities like Dash and not being put back into the form when you take another action that removes Cat/Bear/Travel Form. I know a friend of mine loves the old Resto Form, but will rarely actively cast it during raids on his druid because he feels he shouldn't be wasting the GCD on his cosmetic choice during combat in case of an emergency.

Quote Originally Posted by Miatog View Post
    I was upset when they took trent form away from me. I don't want them taking any more away damn it!
    There's a Glyph that gives you a perma tree that you can shift into and out of at will. It has no benifets other then appearance and doesn't restrict you to just that appearance.