Soul of the [class]master in Mythic +

So I got the ring yesterday on my hunter, wich gives me lock and load for free and I can choose another talent(True Aim or black arrow). I use to swap legendaries for trash and bosses to get best damage as possible, of course. So I used aoe leg until first boss, then I swapped to the new legendary ring, just to find out that I can't choose true aim because of reason: Can't change talents in mythic challenges(raids etc you get to choose talent for free, but you have to use a Tome if you use the talent wich is free from the ring, if you swap it out for other legendaries)

So this sucks right. Well this sucks more: I then changed the ring so I could use my aoe legendary but then lock and load talent was gone, and guess what, can't choose talents during a mythic+. So I then had to choose to use ring to get lock and load, or use another legendary but no talents from that talent-row making the ring practically useless.

I know, mythic+ has those rules, but shouldn't blizz make so you could swap the talent when using ring in mythic+ or would that be considered "op"?

Deleted
    Wat. Just pick the other talent and use the ring when you need lock and load ? If you always need lock and load and the other talents are not worth the hassle, just pick lock andload and don't use the ring ?

Since you're talking about swapping legendaries, I assume you have other options available.

Don't really see what the issue is here ...

Its about optimizing. Ring awesome on bosses. Sucks on trash.

And I see now you didnt understand what it does during a mythic +. You can't pick the talent wich is free during the m+. If you then take it off, you got zero talents in that talent-row. Even if I start with the other talent

Maybe I should have put it on the hunter forum
    Last edited by Doffen; 2017-06-22 at 02:07 PM.

Stomp build is going crazy with ring btw..

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Its about optimizing. Ring awesome on bosses. Sucks on trash.

And I see now you didnt understand what it does during a mythic +. You can't pick the talent wich is free during the m+. If you then take it off, you got zero talents in that talent-row. Even if I start with the other talent

Maybe I should have put it on the hunter forum
    It's framed as a hunter question, but it's pretty easily applicable to every other class. If you have a Twitter account try asking the devs. This seems unintentional (I hope).
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimson View Post
    It's framed as a hunter question, but it's pretty easily applicable to every other class. If you have a Twitter account try asking the devs. This seems unintentional (I hope).
    Yeah ring should work the same for all classes so thats why I put it here, but only people who know how True Aim is screwed with Trick Shot

My first tought was that it is unintentional indeed, I'll put it out on Twitter.

Deleted
    Oh. Didn't have any issues with the warrior one in M+, and I swap it around for bosses too.

So what happens ? It resets your talent row if you take it off ?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptnTorpedo View Post
    Oh. Didn't have any issues with the warrior one in M+, and I swap it around for bosses too.

So what happens ? It resets your talent row if you take it off ?
    yes, so I had to choose to go with ring and lock and load, or another legendary and no talent in that row. Gonna try a low key soon to check it out again. But thats what happened yesterday ye.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Even if I start with the other talent
    I have to go back on that statement, was so annoyed by it I draw a conclusion too fast. If I choose another talent in that row before the m+, its all good

But you start with the talent the ring unlocks outside of m+ it also resets the whole talent-row, problem is that in m+ you can't change talents. You can't swap it in either, you can't choose the 2nd talent in that row if you change it during the dungeon.

So if you start with the talent the ring gives you for free, you lose it if you take off the ring in a mythic+, making it useless for that dungeon if the talent it gives for free is the best one for you overall in that dungeon. I guess its part of the "decision-making" they want us to do?

But, point still stands, wonder if that is intended or not. It works kinda strange if it is.

Deleted
    Oh. That's fucked up indeed.

Definitely not intended, looks like the game can't make the difference between a talent you learned in the standard way, and the talent the ring makes you learn, so you forget the whole talent when removing the ring ?

Edit : just tried it, it works this way in rested zones too : pick lock n load, equip the ring, unequip the ring, you lose lock n load. Not M+ related, just sloppy QA from blizz.

Def hit up warcraftdevs with this
    Last edited by mmoc9bf1303bee; 2017-06-22 at 08:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptnTorpedo View Post
    Oh. That's fucked up indeed.

Definitely not intended, looks like the game can't make the difference between a talent you learned in the standard way, and the talent the ring makes you learn, so you forget the whole talent when removing the ring ?

Edit : just tried it, it works this way in rested zones too : pick lock n load, equip the ring, unequip the ring, you lose lock n load. Not M+ related, just sloppy QA from blizz.

Def hit up warcraftdevs with this
    yeah, tweeted it