Poll: Would you go neutral?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Well it was a huge lead for a more neutral approach where people decide what hey want to join by reping it instead of just clicking a button.

Deleted
    The moment i see Horde Gnomes i quit this game for good.

7+ Year Old Account
    This is almost no different than a global Race/Class/Faction unlock. You still have an enemy faction to fight and your Gnome Druid is no longer Alliance. I'm all in favor of it.

7+ Year Old Account
    While I would love a neutral setting for all the characters, or something akin to it, Blizzard is publicly against such a system. They said even adding Pandaren "muddied" racial diversity, so I doubt they would go full throttle.

I used to RP as a member of the Argent Crusade on my main back in Wrath (I've always considered my paladin to follow their teachings of being a paladin instead of the Blood Knights' version of things), so yes, I would go neutral on my main if I could.
    Last edited by Theoris; 2017-08-18 at 09:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bargh View Post
    Player characters should be treated like an adventurer, not some static part of 'king''s personal asskisser unit.
    No, they really shouldn't.

At this point, your character has played a major part in taking down for example: Onyxia, Kael'thas, Illidan, Kel'Thuzad, Lich King, Deathwing, Old Gods, Garrosh (i.e. Horde Warchief), Archimonde, Kil'jaeden, etc. On top of that, you were an integral part of saving the world from the Legion invasion, Iron Horde or the Scourge. You have interacted a lot with other major players and characters. In pretty much every zone you've shown your face in, you've done tons of quests for hundreds of NPCs.

After all of that, you being treated like a nameless adventurer would be completely unrealistic. In a real world, after like 10% of the things our characters have done, we would be lauded as heroes, had statues erected in our honor and be pretty much known by everyone who doesn't live under a rock.

If anything, having our characters go around and collecting poop and chasing squirrels makes no sense.
    Last edited by Sarethion; 2017-08-18 at 10:42 PM.

Based on the "PVE with anyone" part absolutely. However, I think that would be a bad way to go about "lifting" faction barriers. It's something I want more than anything else in the game but a lot of suggestions seem to miss the point. The biggest problem with the faction barriers is the fact that it segregates players. Any change to the factions that still had players segregated is a bad solution. Thing like betrayal quests, sub-races who act on the oppisite faction, a third faction or "nuetral" players all still have the issue of player segregations.

Rather than making it more complicated than it has to be, just lift the faction gameplay barriers. Let people group up how they want and do PvE content mixed however they want between Horde and Alliance. Give the players (and by extension player characters) some semblance of agency. Things like faction variants, faction cities, battlegrounds and faction questlines would still be restricted, so there would still be some "conflict" but it wouldn't dictate who players can play with.

I would like to see a merc mode where i could do the other factions questing.

5+ Year Old Account
    Yeah. I prefer the Horde in almost every way, but they don't have gnomes or Goldshire ERP so I was forced to pick Alliance.