Soul of the Deathlord

why is the haste so low ?
    whyyyyY!!!!??

Unholy/Frost do not require excessive amounts of haste and by ilvl 900 you can safely hit all the requirements with or without that ring.

its not like your searching for stats like you were at ilvl 805-850

Quote Originally Posted by Baddok21 View Post
    Unholy/Frost do not require excessive amounts of haste and by ilvl 900 you can safely hit all the requirements with or without that ring.

its not like your searching for stats like you were at ilvl 805-850
    Well, going with maxed mastery on my gear after getting the chest (which has no haste at all) I was down to 13% which really felt uncomfortable and made me switch quite a lot of my gear around.

Add to that the one(!) plate bracer in ToS not having any haste (since the other one appears to have vanished from Maiden's loot table), the reduced choice in tier parts due to using the chest (and the shoulder being best choice for single target, when not wearing the ring of course) haste becomes a rather valuable good.
    Last edited by Galathir; 2017-06-25 at 09:22 AM.

Unholy is just great currently, no need for specific stat caps to do BEST DPS.

Haste is allways such a wastefull stat to have, with todays boss phases and waiting times, haste is just overvalued and feels bad, just like the trippel ressource capping unholy playstyle pre 7.2.5 with the T19 set.

I dont even get the huge desire for many to reach the DA haste breakpoints. Its just ~12% of our Damage, maximizing the DA modifier is more important and neither sims nor theorycrafter confirm a huge benefit from stacking mindlessly haste to DA breakpoints.

Haste is nothing special at Patchwerk fights and worse in the current game. So no, I am not sad about the stat allocation of the ring.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    Unholy is just great currently, no need for specific stat caps to do BEST DPS.

Haste is allways such a wastefull stat to have, with todays boss phases and waiting times, haste is just overvalued and feels bad, just like the trippel ressource capping unholy playstyle pre 7.2.5 with the T19 set.

I dont even get the huge desire for many to reach the DA haste breakpoints. Its just ~12% of our Damage, maximizing the DA modifier is more important and neither sims nor theorycrafter confirm a huge benefit from stacking mindlessly haste to DA breakpoints.

Haste is nothing special at Patchwerk fights and worse in the current game. So no, I am not sad about the stat allocation of the ring.
    Yeah that's a good way to think because DA breakpoints mean nothing. You can hit them and still sometimes get the same number as with lower haste, which is why Fel-Oiled Inferal Machine is overvalued by people as well just because "well it lines up with DA with Convergence!" (which Convergence also isn't BIS).

More mastery is assured damage, better empowerment is assured damage, haste is potential damage. Haste for Unholy is entirely personal preference and play/feel. I run with higher haste than most, 22-24% I enjoy, but I know some enjoy as low as 14%.