10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.

Anyone watch WoW Arena European Cup?

I saw about 11k viewers at most, might have been more at some point but not by hella much.

https://xpoff.com/streams/9.warcraft/stream

Good teams so far certainly, but I just don't think WoW PvP is the greatest thing for e-sports, no matter how hard Blizz pushes it. They need to get off this money grab and get back to making the format for the players, not the pros or their spectators.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, WoW PvP is a horridly imbalanced trainwreck right now, easily the worst it's ever been, and it's boring as fuck after Legion's mass pruning... I ain't watchin that shit.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

no. pvp interests in my 12 year wow career ended after cataclysm. and this for reasons. aka #blizzardfailed

10+ Year Old Account
    BTW, I heard the commentators trying to pump the audience for more teams to join up. Jesus, that says it all right there.
    Last edited by Caolela; 2017-06-27 at 01:39 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    No one watches e-sports bullshit in a mmorpg.

Deleted
    No, WoW's pvp is horrible to watch imo.

i used to watch in tbc/wotlk, even some in cata.
    but since then the whole experience is so incredibly boring to watch that i cba even tuning in at all.
    especially the smoothe camera is the worst offender of them all.

Not interested in watching e-sport.

Interest in arenas and pvp is dramatically low due to countless people buying boosts and titles.

The interface is horrible to watch - the MLG/IEM interface almost a DECADE ago was better than what we have now. (You can see 3-5 spells per character under the portrait, but absolutely no idea about all other spells, who is casting what, etc.)

The commentators' personalities are horribly unattractive compared to their competition in CSGO and Dota - they are barely commentating(mostly it goes "he is doing this, he is running awaOMGHEISALMOSTDED), very little detail on what actually is going on and really putting you to sleep. Unable to keep a conversation going, not to mention the fake hyping of game moments when nothing really exciting happens(shouting "DOWN GOES whoever" at the end of the game doesnt really get the viewer involved when he has no clue WHY that happened).

Prizepool for blizzcon is a complete joke, regionals' rewards and points no one really cares for as they are not exciting the slightest. Arenas had excellent viewership back in the MLG days, but Blizzard constantly refused to make the prizepool significantly bigger, even tho the game was played by 8-12 million players.

Almost every game is the exact same, wait for the heal debuff to stack. In the meantime, you are listening to the worst casting in any e-sport so no thanks.

Deleted
    no it is boring.

no team ever gets 'outplayed' because there are no real in depth skills to the game. the ceiling is so low.

do standard stuff, wait for healing debuff to stack, game over.

No.

Watching a couple of the usual suspects screw each other behind pillars is boring. Even if you understand what's what and where the plays are. It doesn't help that the number of such plays is like one per game - frequently unsuccessful with the game proceeding to be won by random crap.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Caolela View Post
    BTW, I heard the commentators trying to pump the audience for more teams to join up. Jesus, that's says it all right there.
    Exactly.

"We are so excited!!!11 It's so great to have this big championship!!!11 (Guys, could you please sign up and participate, we don't have a lot playing, pleeeease, we have cookies.)"

Arena is just plain boring to watch.

Pshero not saying a word for 8 hours is a better PvP viewer experience than Arena eSports. Any year. The only thing changed his BC is the tournament UI. I do see a lot of people with Patron of War though, someone must watch it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I watched a Method vs. Enjoy Legion match yesterday. They zoomed in a bit on that match so you could actually see the chars sometimes not just a swarm of nameplates (lol).

EL had Method's warrior Blizo CC'ed so hard through the whole thing, he was barely crawling along trying to get melee range to hit something. Run Blizo, run!! Was like watching a Forrest Gump replay in super Slo-Mo but it was live play. The only time he could move was Charge or Leaps. Then right back to 30% crawl, polyed, hexed, or feared to Africa. w/e.

FUN™. /bangshead
    Last edited by Caolela; 2017-06-27 at 01:11 AM.

No, even in the seasons (or expansions xD Legion) that I've played and been heavily interested in I haven't watched any of the tournaments. Wow pvp is just not enjoyable to watch from a spectating POV.