Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Tolian View Post
    Is this legit? I really have a better chance of getting a legendary from farming base mythics than doing high level M+? I thought the concept of the legendary system was that the more challenging the content, the better your chances were of getting a legendary?
    Well I didn't invent it myself, you can go to youtube and search "fast legendaries" and you'll see the same theories circulating around, that "m0 tour" (all mythic non-keystone dungeons) and lfr count for a lot, than m0 has BLP count per boss while m+ has per chest, it will never be 100% confirmed because Blizzard keeps their mouth zipped about real mechanics of BLP, but I know it worked for me, when I was running more m+ I wasn't getting any legendaries, but when I really wanted to get one and started running stuff like normal EN pugs, normal NH and so on, I got legendaries much faster, my personal theory is that lockout based content counts for more than repeatable content, completely irrelevant what difficulty it is.

Some people claim there is difference and mythic raiding has higher chance than normal etc., but it's super hard to get accurate data especially since Blizzard seems to be tampering with the formula every single patch.

People claim nether disruptor mobs are amazing for BLP purpose, which would debunk my theory about lockout-based content, but I'm yet to hear from a friend that they got legendary from that source or see someone drop one. While in LFR, from world bosses or from mythic0 I've seen legendaries drop so I believe the chance must be decent.

From my 10 legendaries on my main, I got 3 from raid bosses, 1 from m+ chest, 1 from legionfall supply satchel and 5 from emissary caches. And yes, I did get a legendary from m0 on my alt and I saw people getting them dropped in the groups I participated in. I also turned 1,5k supplies on 6 alts last wednesday and 5 out of 6 got a legendary.

M+ is only a last resort after you exhaust all the non-repeatable sources. Of course, if you run m+ for a specific relic or trinket, then you have another reason to do it, however Blizzard wasn't kidding when they said before 7.2 that "they want to get people out of maw", the new round of m+ changes is viewed by many as a "nerf to loot" so definitely as patches progress legendaries drop more, but m+ gets less and less lucrative, first the AP nerf, now this.

Not counting the standard deviation of "luck factor" in obtaining legendaries, so far everything seems to point out people who run more content get more legendaries. Not necessarily "harder content". All these "normal EN 900+ AP zerg" runs? Biggest reason for them isn't even AP, it's the legendary BLP.

I am pretty sure M0 does very little to BLP, I havent done any for like 6 months and still get a legendary every 10 days. I also stopped doing normal old raids like EN/TOV and still was getting every 10 days. It should be fairly easy to determine for people who do same amount of content each week what helps and what doesnt

Quote Originally Posted by xcess View Post
    I am pretty sure M0 does very little to BLP, I havent done any for like 6 months and still get a legendary every 10 days. I also stopped doing normal old raids like EN/TOV and still was getting every 10 days. It should be fairly easy to determine for people who do same amount of content each week what helps and what doesnt
    Well, what are you doing then, give us your secret recipe?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xcess View Post
    Yeah, I stopped playing WoW altogether and now they send me legendaries in the regular snail mail at home...

Oh wait, no, we live in the real world

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Emissaries, and Legionfall caches are the best source of legendaries/BLP.

Turn in at least 2 legionfall boxes each day, do the 500 resource elite strike when it's up and do your emissary each day and you should be looting a lego every 2 weeks at min.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Emissaries, and Legionfall caches are the best source of legendaries/BLP.

Turn in at least 2 legionfall boxes each day, do the 500 resource elite strike when it's up and do your emissary each day and you should be looting a lego every 2 weeks at min.
    Well then, in that case the guy who was "running a ton of m+" but only doing "30%-50% of the emissaries" wasn't doing it optimally after all.

Thing is after you send all the supply missions and finish all the broken shore dailies, farming rares / chests etc. for more supplies is way slower so would you say it's still more worth than running old raids and stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by Evilmoo View Post
    I can surely say that even though devs are silent about that Bad Luck Protection was reset when 7.2.5 came.
    I've had all mainspec legendaries (including all shared) 3 weeks before 7.2.5 hit and i routinely did NH HC, few mythic bosses, all mythic dungeons,few +15, opening tones of legionfall supply bags and emissaries. This should have sent my BLP to nearly 100% but as for today and 2 week into 7.2.5 i still yet have to see new legendary drop.
    Are you sure? I got mine after basically logging in and just handed in 1 cache.

I don't know, I got a legendary right on patch day, 2 weeks after the previous one, and I've been getting a legendary every two weeks consistently since start of April. It was bis legendary too!

Content I run: NH Mythic/HC, a M+10 and emissary caches. Now I will be running HC ToS instead and eventually mythic.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Well not sure if they changed the value of old raids now that TOS is out but I was doing one mythic+ and heroic/normal NH clear, emissarys and whatever legionfall caches i get from just doing the WQs. I also do WQs and invasions as much as I can. From now on though I am just gonna clear TOS on normal at least and and also still do the rest but no more old raids. Will see if I still get it every 10 days

No legendary protection with capped spec is NOT true!

I had all unholy legendarys before 7.2.5 and continued the grind for unholy spec legendarys for the 7.2.5 patch.

I knew it was something forum people made up that protection doesn't build up if you have all spec legendarys, turns out I was right.

On day 1 of patch 7.2.5 I got cold heart, on the 3rd thing I did that day and the following week I got the talent legendary ring all while never switching specs from unholy
    Last edited by speirs; 2017-06-27 at 06:38 PM.

ITT: baseless speculation supported by made up numbers. I got both of the new guardian druid legendaries back to back 1 day apart immediately after the patch, so clearly BLP is still rolling.

Is there even enough information on this topic? Some here talk like there's a well-written scientific paper on legendary distribution mechanisms, all I remember is Blizzard saying "There's a mechanism in place that prevents you from getting really unlucky". Do we even now what this BLP thing is? Saying things like "This should've set my BLP to nearly 100%" sounds a little far fetched considering we know next to nothing about how all this really works.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilmoo View Post
    I can surely say that even though devs are silent about that Bad Luck Protection was reset when 7.2.5 came.
    I've had all mainspec legendaries (including all shared) 3 weeks before 7.2.5 hit and i routinely did NH HC, few mythic bosses, all mythic dungeons,few +15, opening tones of legionfall supply bags and emissaries. This should have sent my BLP to nearly 100% but as for today and 2 week into 7.2.5 i still yet have to see new legendary drop.
    What proof do you have of this, beyond anecdotal? I got the new Hunter ring, Soul of the Huntmaster, the day 7.2.5 dropped last Tuesday. So yes it was 940 when it dropped and I had to upgrade it via the quest to 970. And a little over an hour ago I got the new chest, Parsel's Tongue. So that's a legendary the day the patch dropped and another one 7 and a half days later. Sure as hell doesn't seem like it was reset to me. That gives me every possible legendary for BM, except the neck that's universal for every class and spec. And I've been consistently farming 1 legendary every 7-10 days like clockwork for a little over two months now.

Based on your post, I can easily see where you are not capping your BL protection. Regular Mythic dungeons don't add to it, running Mythic + doesn't add to it except for your weekly cache. So remove those from what you consider BL protection. Basically anything you can farm on more than a weekly basis is not considered part of the BL protection. Just because something can reward a legendary does not make it part of the BL protection system.

For you to be racking up your BL protection you need to be running raids. Full clear every available LFR every week, full clear the difficulty appropriate dungeon you happen to farming at the moment for the tier, and be downing raid bosses on the highest difficulty possible for the tier. If you have time, toss in N/H/M modes of previous dungeons as well. That and only that is going to rack up your BL protection and allow you to consistently get legendary drops. Along with your weekly Mythic+ Cache, as that has the highest drop and BL protection in game.

But running all those Mythic and Mythic+ Dungeons does nothing to increase your BL protection in a way to consistently get drops. Blizzard will never give us hard number, but you'd basically need to run dozens of Mythic dungeons to equal a single raid boss since raid bosses have a weekly lockout. Mythic and Mythic+ dungeons are weighted so insignificantly in the BL protection system that you simply can never run enough to make them worth it. And for things like the Legionfall Recompense bags from turning in resources on the Broken Shore, they don't do jack shit. They can drop a legendary but turing in the resources and opening bags does nothing to increase your bad luck protection.

Patch was multiple weeks ago. You get 1 legendary a week with netherdisruptor. I've gotten two since patch.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by patrins View Post
    ITT: baseless speculation supported by made up numbers. I got both of the new guardian druid legendaries back to back 1 day apart immediately after the patch, so clearly BLP is still rolling.
    You just got lucky. Blp resets after you get a legendary so you getting two in two days is simply great luck!
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

This is by no means conclusive (because RNG), but I logged onto an alt this week, downed Maleficus, and got a legendary. I play this alt enough to have built up some BLP over the course of the xpac, but killing Maleficus is one of (if not THE) only thing I've done on the character since 7.2.5 that has a reasonable chance to drop a legendary.