10+ Year Old Account

As a DPS main who was bored with the game, Disc has been fantastic!

The playstyle is great if you like to dps, really shines in dungeons and small raids from what I've played through. How do you guys who've been maining for years feel about the changes?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not a main Discipline Priest, but I have used Discipline when I got a bit bored with Holy or when Holy wasn't the right call.

Part of the reason I play a healer is because I don't like the DPS playstyle. It just does very little for me. Discipline is a little too close to that for my enjoyment. I though the spec was reasonably fun in Wrath of the Lich King and Cataclysm (before I stopped playing for a while) and I don't quite enjoy it anymore. I can understand why someone who prefers DPS might enjoy it more, but of all the healing specs I ever played, Discipline is the least interesting for me right now.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess that makes sense as to why most people seem to not care too much either way. It's just surprising that I can play a new class and a completely different role and some of the playstyle transfers over. It's really gotten me interested in the game again.

I don't think disc has all that much in common with a "dps playstyle." If anything, it feels more like a resto druid with atonement and purge being your hots and penance/smite/shadowmend being your filler spells. Hell, the functionality of Evangelism is almost exactly like Flourish. But then again, I've been primarily healing for like a decade, so maybe it's just not as novel to me as it would for someone who hasn't healed much.

Disc since 7.2.5 feels better than it has all expansion. I never bothered to look into the changes that much...mostly since I gave up the spec and went holy after WoD was over...but whatever they changed made it feel a lot better to play. It's nice not having to worry about accidentally spending all my mana casting Plea at the wrong time. The scaling cost of that spell was such an incredibly stupid mechanic. Just doing pug normals, I was able to put out decent HPS without worrying too much about mana, and could still do the signature burst aoe when necessary. I'm sure someone who has been playing the spec since launch could do a lot better with it, but it's much more accessible now than it has been for almost a year.
    Last edited by s_bushido; 2017-06-26 at 09:44 AM.

Deleted
    Same for me since the beginning of expansion

I enjoyed other two specs too but Disc was really enjoyable

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    I don't think disc has all that much in common with a "dps playstyle." If anything, it feels more like a resto druid with atonement and purge being your hots and penance/smite/shadowmend being your filler spells. Hell, the functionality of Evangelism is almost exactly like Flourish.
    Well by dps, it feels much more like I'm contributing to the groups damage as well as keeping them alive, where as most other healing specs don't really have much to do if everyone is already topped off, I can just keep wailing on the boss with the rest of the group.

Healing has been something I've messed around with since I started playing, but I've always liked it the least of the trinity. However disc has really made it a lot of fun. (Instant queues and invites is also super nice.) I do see the similarities between it and resto if I squint. They repurposed the sort of hots with some direct healing playstyle to that of a righteous zealot.
    Last edited by Cedande; 2017-06-26 at 04:57 PM.

I've actually found dps'ing as holy in 5 man's to be more interesting, trying to do high keys and trying to push as much dps while still keeping people alive, boosting 15's I've had quite a few bosses where I could manage 300k dps or so.

It's also fun for daily heroic, can easily do 6-800k dps(if you have around 915-920 itemlevel anyway) across the dungeon usually.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a Holy Priest I frequently find myself doing damage during lulls in incoming damage. (I only just dinged 110, so my perspective is probably skewed). Occasionally I manage to approach tank DPS and it gives me more Holy Word: Chastises to proc T'uure.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

Mmhm, with the damage buff, I find myself running 5mans as Holy, if only for Holy Nova spam.

With Apotheosis, T'uure proc and good luck on Holy Fire resets, I can push 600-700k dps on bosses. Fun times.