State of Enhance a cause for concern

The last few weeks the retuning of Enhancement went very well and the spec seems to be doing okay now. That being said, their position in the DPS rankings seems to have fallen off a few spots, which is concerning.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/13#boss=2038

I don't think the spec is in any position to demand buffs, because right now its not an outlier, but with the way it has fallen off I see it being an outlier after Mythic tuning. For whatever reason, it just doesn't seem to scale as well as other specs, maybe its not scaling, but the spec is not maintaining its power levels.

I'm fairly new to the game, but it seemed like Enhancement did the same thing in Nighthold, just slowly went down the rankings until the damage had to be hot fixed. I'm not sure what Blizzard can do about this (and I'm sure we're not the only spec with this issue) but something at the core needs to be changed so our damage scales just as well as other specs.

The x factor in this being trinkets an our tier bonuses, neither of which seem to be able to boost us back to the top. The tier bonus seems to be clunky and goes outside our niche (ST).

Mythic hasn't even started and we're already beginning with the whole "the sky is falling" stuff? Seriously?
    Enhancement absolutely did not the same thing in NH. NH had completely other problems which were mostly fixxed (Stormbringer comes to mind).
    The thing with most other classes that are CLEAR outliers, is simply that they're probably overtuned at some points, which is why something like Arms Warrior received nerfs pretty fast after .5 went live.

Also, ALL bosses is always a dumb way to see the strength of a spec. We have clear strengths and weaknesses and you can see those at certain bosses pretty nicely.
    If we're having problems, its going to be easy to adjust either proc rates or numbers. Also, some people might not even have certain Setpieces or trinkets yet, just because other classes are currently stronger and have more gain through their set or trinkets which we have to share. A good raidlead will always equip an "op" spec first instead of trying to make everyone happy.
    Sometimes streaming on Twitch.tv, leave me a follow or a message if you like!

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    *tips m'fedora*

M'lady if you would be so kind to slob me knob seeing as I held this door open for you.

My impression of Enhancement in Tomb is that mechanically it's in a decent spot. The rotation felt relatively smooth and engaging. I performed poorly, but I don't believe the issue is the spec. I didn't use cooldowns appropriately, I mismanaged maelstrom by overusing Lava Lash, I didn't position myself correctly and had far too much downtime, I didn't use Feral Lunge to get back on target (I forgot I had it selected), and my gear is poorly optimized for Enhancement. I'm carrying 24% crit at the moment and only 44% mastery. I further had issues with Big Wigs covering large parts of the center of my screen, which I didn't notice until I got into raid.

Until I fix the player issues (I didn't parse above 60% on any fight for my bracket), I can't really judge whether or not the spec is fatally flawed. I suppose the positive takeaway from this is that the first step towards fixing a problem is admitting it exists.

It's really hard to say this first week. For our guild, the hunters have been getting tier over me because its a much larger increase for them. I assume many guilds will follow the same line of thinking which will lead us to look weaker than we are the first week. Even then if you look at the fights individually Enhance is middle of the pack for most of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    It's really hard to say this first week. For our guild, the hunters have been getting tier over me because its a much larger increase for them. I assume many guilds will follow the same line of thinking which will lead us to look weaker than we are the first week. Even then if you look at the fights individually Enhance is middle of the pack for most of them.
    We just use personal loot; it removed the loot drama potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Enhance got the short end of the stick in that the tier bonus isn't fantastic for ST (so it looks less valuable in sims) but for cleave and multi target it's much better than the ST numbers imply.

Deleted
    NH was different because enhance was bottom in a melee friendly raid. Now we are actually in the melee zerg in a melee unftiendly raid with some high st potential.

Only rogues and arms are really ahead of the melees. The rest is really close. On pure single target boss damage, we are best after rogues and warlocks.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    When fights are AoE heavy, we fall waaay behind pretty fast. Look at the numbers of Harjatan and Mistress of the naga bietch. I'm curious to see how our 4p bonus will affect this.

Quote Originally Posted by Darleth View Post
    Mythic hasn't even started and we're already beginning with the whole "the sky is falling" stuff? Seriously?
    While I agree that people are often overeacting, you need to know mythics logs won't change the current ranking. There will be probably 1 or 2 swap, but I don't see how the current set we have will help later on. Maybe I'm wrong.