Thread: Armaggedon

Armaggedon

Seriously thats the only thing wiping me on hc , people just forget to soak 1 pool every now and then , is there a way to deal with it? how can i make it so that the people never fail it? and can anyone tell me how the pool scale depending on raid size? how many pools do you get on each raid size?
    Last edited by Vampiregenesis; 2017-06-27 at 09:19 PM.

You want to tell people to move their characters into the orange swirl and then not move their characters until the orange swirl is gone.

Tell your melee to soak as well. Sometimes boss abilities tend to overlap and if 3 ranged have to run to the boss with debuffs and melee is still on the boss while armageddon is about to hit, then it's game over.

10+ Year Old Account
    One thing that was fucking us up when we killed him is a lot of people felt the blast and the damage from overlapping abilities like the Bursting Dreadflame (giant rings) and thought it was Armageddon hitting them so they left just before the meteor crashed.

You might also have a case of lazy melee dps. Even if you have a good number of rangeds, if they're all busy making a line for Focused Dreadflame (lazer beam) or stacking to drop Shadow Reflections they might be unable to help with Armageddon and melee will have to *gasp* stop dpsing the boss for a few seconds in order not to wipe the raid. Rogues, DHs, Warriors, Monks, Feral Druids, all these are super mobile and, unless they were dropping Shadow Reflections, they have no excuse not to have the Armageddon dot on them if one of the blasts slipped through. If you're about to wipe, look who has that dot and shame the rest into obedience!

The way I see it, it comes back to basic raiding skills. If your raiders can't manage to do something beyond what their DBM tells them (like taking some personal responsibility and soaking an untouched Armageddon) then you're screwed. This is the case with many of my raiders, currently. We're having the same issue, and it's a recurring one that tends to get on my nerves. I've seen similar problems in earlier tiers, where simply taking a bit of responsibility and communicating would solve the problem outright.

The other raiders have been hollering for soak groups so they know when their "turn is up", completely neglecting that any number of mechanics could mess up those groups.

Personally, I think the best solution is also the simplest by far: If you have the debuff, ignore the pools. If not, get your ass out to a pool and inform your raid which pool you're grabbing. If enough people have done a shoutout, trust them to sort positioning out themselves and move on.

In order to soak the Armageddon, you need your raid to be rather independant and capable of judging the situation by themself. For example :
    - Did they already soak the previous one and thus have the debuff => Don't soak.
    - Do they have the aoe on them ? => Stay away from the aoe.
    - Do you have an immunity available and tanks make the call to have someone soak the big one ? => Call your name and soak it.

A Raid Leader cannot hold everyone's hand in this fight just like he'd do for Mistress (jeez, I still have nightmares at the thought of it). "Force" your raid to communicate and it will quickly be easier to manage the fight.

Just tell people to walk and soak, it's seriously as simple as that. If it's not happening it's because people have their blinkers on, kick them.

Mage | Demon Hunter | Druid

| Mage | Rogue |
    - Barthilas-US -

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raggamasta View Post
    Tell your melee to soak as well. Sometimes boss abilities tend to overlap and if 3 ranged have to run to the boss with debuffs and melee is still on the boss while armageddon is about to hit, then it's game over.
    Melees still think they are special snowflakes lul

Deleted
    You can also mark every corner with raidmarker so it is easier to communicate if there is meteor but no one soaking. You can also assing set of ppl to wach out for specific corner prioritize soaking at that corner. But to keep in mind, sometimes 1 corner of platform is empty and other is full of meteor so communication is still very helpful
    Last edited by mmoc2d11dd7182; 2017-06-28 at 06:29 AM.