Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    No, it triples. Just look at how dps in raids has scaled this expansion.
    If you look at the same encounters it doesn't. The ones that come closest are due to extremely fast kill times.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Weapon buffs beyond item level is a big boost on it's own, trinket and other procs and the extreme shortening of fights.
    Item level is the largest contributor. Everything else that your saying also effects the boost in damage does so as a direct result of how item levels work outside of class abilities...which also scale to the increased damage you do due to increased item level.

There's sniffing out bullshit and then there derailing a conversation with your own bs. The point is that damage in wpvp is way too high. If a rogue can 2 shot you (which they can easily) or even one shot you if you're still gearing up (ilvl 880 puts your at around 3 mil hp) then there's clearly a problem regardless of if they really do 5-6 mil in one (which they can, just YouTube it).
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Rogues are more dependent on legendaries than anything else. The FoK cloak is nice, but the shoulders especially are just silly, as they give 6 seconds of guaranteed critical hits when you attack from stealth. Combine that with a zero cooldown vanish item they can get from their order halls, and there's really very little that can survive a particularly determined rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by Krassz View Post
    Lmao, people defending WPvP.

Want to see something hilarious? Here's a gif of something that happened on my realm, which was a big World PvP hub for EU. We were preparing for a guild fight when ONE ROGUE did this to us with fan of knives:

https://i.gyazo.com/c9d46f9928dc4623...ace19539f2.mp4

In case it was unclear due to GIF quality, he one shot our entire 10-man raid group with fan of knives.

This was a while ago, too. It's even more broken (somehow) now.
    Something to do with the stacking FoN damage legendary I assume? That's insane.
    Working on my next ban.

Yeah, Dreadlord's Deceit. It takes quite a while to charge that up, but pair it with the shoulders, Nightstalker talent, and so on, and it's lethal. Even more so if he built combo points ahead of time and used Death from Above instead of FoK/SS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadenzza View Post
    Yeah, Dreadlord's Deceit. It takes quite a while to charge that up, but pair it with the shoulders, Nightstalker talent, and so on, and it's lethal. Even more so if he built combo points ahead of time and used Death from Above instead of FoK/SS.
    Which is all pretty easy to set up in an environment rich of mobs that die in a few seconds nearby to the players you're looking to murder.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

On that note, I really need to start carrying Dreadlord's Deceit around for the next time Black Rook Arena is up. I usually just roll with my standard PvE gear in those quests, and it tends to be more than enough. You really only get one shot with it, but damn. What a shot it is.

I truly enjoyed WPvP until Legion hit the servers. It's incredible how they managed to fuck up this amazing part of the game within basically one patch and I honestly don't believe they'll fix WPvP in the future. It's the result of all the shitty band-aid solutions they came up with in order to balance both PvE and PvP which ultimately divided the content into these two completely different games. This wouldn't be a problem if they'd manage to balance the game solely with PvP modifiers for the spells and leave the rest untouched. Until this expansion WPvP was representative (with a few exceptions like professions, potions, legendaries etc.) of actual PvP (which is also why duels were a thing unlike now). Now it's just a retarded clusterfuck that consists of forcing the enemy to use his trinket and then killing him with one or two globals while he's sitting in a stun (if you don't have the toolkit to do that... well, sucks for you).
    I dueled another WW on my monk the other day (we both had roughly the same gear). Here's what happened:
    1) Before the duel started I hammered my Paralyse button, getting him into CC as soon as the fight started.
    2) Use energizing elixir to get full chi (or use serenity).
    3) Use Touch of Death (you'll need to avoid auto attacks so paralyse won't break).
    4) Use Fists of Fury to stun him and force trinket.
    5) Use Leg Sweep after he uses trinket to restun him.
    6) Use Strike of the Windlord (if you've done everything right ToD should hit him roughly at the same time).
    Duel's over. Everyone is happy.
    This shit isn't fun. Back in the days you would at least have PvP Gear that made sure you were on the same level as people with mythic gear and you wouldn't die in an instant because you'd deal considerably less damage relative to your health but now it's just a shitfest that involves either you one-shotting the enemy or the other way around because it's mostly about who seizes the initiative (which of course heavily favours stealth classes). I truly can't believe how anyone could enjoy this kind of gameplay. It's not about being clever (as in using your professions and everything the game has to offer as an advantage). It's not about "skill" (as in perfectly knowing your class and the class of your enemy). It's simply about playing the right spec and having the right gear and then killing the enemy within two globals. Anything else doesn't matter.
    Last edited by Nerovar; 2017-07-20 at 07:17 PM.