Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    It helps if your fishing skill is high enough to never get trash or fishes escaping, but yeah the difference between 500 and 800 seems to be negligible.

Event bugged for ~1 month on eu servers after Blizzard *fixed* some time issues for NA players and with that hotfixed they broke it on eu. Only 2 winners on eu servers. Event starts at 2 pm and ends in like 15 minutes, and Blizzard continue to ignore issue despite many bug reports. So dont bother, save your nerves.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunlighthell View Post
    they broke it on eu. Only 2 winners on eu servers
    Coincidently I participated today in the contest to get the ring for two chars I want to level and I was at least the 4th winner in my CRZ as you can see in the chat:

http://i.imgur.com/g6JMt18.gifv

Supposedly there are 50 winners per region, no clue if this is correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm trying to get this ring on EU and it's absolute nightmare. Event finished today at 14:15 and I've got only 20 tastyfishes, I have no idea how to do it. There are gankers everywhere, every pool is fished by 3-5 players. Is there some low-pop EU server I can play on? Any secrets? Hidden areas nobody knows about? I really want this ring for a few monthes and I can't get it, every week is the same: quest closed after 15 minutes and I'm barely having half of required fishes.

Also I'm not sure if it's bugged or not, but I can only see two winner announcements in chat before tournament ends. But I can believe that 50 people won, because this zone is filled with hundreds only on my crossrealm zone and I can imagine that there are hundreds of other zones with thousands players.

I guess you'll have to zone onto a PVE shard (have a friend who is at least your level on a PVE already be in the area invite you and then you go there, this should bring you to him). I got my 40 fish at 14:15 and hearthed to booty bay. There was competition but only a few times 2 people at one school. Try northern strangle. Also, I have the artifact fishing rod = water walking and fish form for short distances.

Huh, hadn't heard of that change before. Too bad (or good?) I've already got it done

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Coincidently I participated today in the contest to get the ring for two chars I want to level and I was at least the 4th winner in my CRZ as you can see in the chat:

http://i.imgur.com/g6JMt18.gifv

Supposedly there are 50 winners per region, no clue if this is correct.
    IT would seem there are more than a couple of winners are people think. My roommate and i were doing this and i was in a RP shard and he was in a PVE shard and I saw 4 winners in mine that he didn't see and he saw winners i didn't see in the other shard.

Whether it correctly tallies to 50 no one can say but in any one crz shard you will definitely not see every winner.