Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    A good dk with a appropriate itemevel doesn't need heal at host p1. there is no difference if spirit realm or physical. she fails at uptimes for boneshield, gravewarden, has mark of the claw on neck(either satyr for dps or heavy hide for surv). then that dps, < 400 shouldn't be happening in this fight. Thanks to the AE parts even when in physical realm you get a lot more.
    unfortunately my last parse in hc was me in the spirit realm and i couldn't find the other. but here is one from nhc which is for tanks not really any different:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ras&source=144

when you look at defense buffs you see the uptime of boneshield first. you also see that bloodboil is as strong as deathstrike dmgwise in this fight. And that i used death caress only once.

Quote Originally Posted by PL-Cibo View Post
    A good dk with a appropriate itemevel doesn't need heal at host p1. there is no difference if spirit realm or physical. she fails at uptimes for boneshield, gravewarden, has mark of the claw on neck(either satyr for dps or heavy hide for surv).
    The enchants means jack shit here. The most important part is her rotation. By a large margin. Satyr or heavy hide are just very minor upgrades. Sure it's nice to have a little bonus here and there, but I feel like people in general tends to overvalue the enchants. It's not like the previous expansions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Philondra View Post
    Your tank is doing none of those things, so get her to focus on pressing that Marrowrend button. People here will say that it's not good to overcap on Bone Shield charges, which is true, but in your tank's case, it's okay if she over-corrects for a couple resets until she gets in the habit of maintaining those charges!

I would also like to note that my current unbuffed haste is 17%, so you absolutely do not need to stack haste in order to perform properly as blood. It is our best stat, but I would urge you to go for ilevel first.
    Whatever this man said. I'd rather have a blood dk overcapping boneshield than none at all. That's not even an argument. Afterall most serious tanks have haste at astronomically high numbers, which means they'll get back their runes fast enough. I'm sitting between 20-30% depending on my raid / mythic gear, I'd hate it if I had a higher haste because we have already plenty of buttons to press on (just look @ logs, there's always a blood boil, a rune or even a RP sitting at max stack).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiz View Post
    The enchants means jack shit here. The most important part is her rotation. By a large margin. Satyr or heavy hide are just very minor upgrades. Sure it's nice to have a little bonus here and there, but I feel like people in general tends to overvalue the enchants. It's not like the previous expansions.

Whatever this man said. I'd rather have a blood dk overcapping boneshield than none at all. That's not even an argument. Afterall most serious tanks have haste at astronomically high numbers, which means they'll get back their runes fast enough. I'm sitting between 20-30% depending on my raid / mythic gear, I'd hate it if I had a higher haste because we have already plenty of buttons to press on (just look @ logs, there's always a blood boil, a rune or even a RP sitting at max stack).
    More buttons to press also translate into more DS, it helps keep keep soul drinker and build a runic surplus for clutch moments. Even if you don't like it, you would still going to go haste since it will increase you probable time of life, but i would not ignore other stats, bar mastery which has a small benefit, vers comes second so you should not ignore, and crit is important for shattering and parry.

But it's up to you really, i have read people breaking the 40% haste before bonesheild, thats 50% haste, madness! But what ever floats your boat.

question about H Host. I was tanking spirit realm and noticed I took almost 7% more damage than the corporeal realm tank. (although my healing taken was lower than his by approx 2%). full uptime on bone armor, haste/vers heavy build and didn't stood in fire. is it normal for spirit realm tanks to take more damage or am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by leorana View Post
    question about H Host. I was tanking spirit realm and noticed I took almost 7% more damage than the corporeal realm tank. (although my healing taken was lower than his by approx 2%). full uptime on bone armor, haste/vers heavy build and didn't stood in fire. is it normal for spirit realm tanks to take more damage or am I missing something?
    You'll have to provide us with logs, because tank damage taken for host is directly related to how your raid is handling mechanics.

Specifically, if your spirit realm people are handling the bone armor buff-clearing ability properly, the physical realm tank takes less damage because the adds go down quickly.

How the spirit realm team handles the priestesses is equally important. In my raid, we kill little adds > priestess one > light cleave only on priestess two so i can solo her down after i clear the armor during wailing souls phase. If your raid is too fast on DPS and kills priestess two, then the physical realm tank takes more damage because there's no way to clear during souls. If your raid is too slow, it's possible that priestess two will live throughout the entirety of the wailing soul phase and you'll have *three* to deal with next time, meaning you'll be taking more damage.

To maximize your healing, time AMS properly to stop two of the Queen's casts instead of one and use Bonestorm to pad those meters.

To be honest, though, all of this is pretty moot, because unless the physical realm people aim the purple goop right where you're standing in phase 1 or you lag out in the final phase, there's nothing in this fight on heroic that can kill you unless you're playing excessively poorly.

Quote Originally Posted by Philondra View Post
    You'll have to provide us with logs, because tank damage taken for host is directly related to how your raid is handling mechanics.

Specifically, if your spirit realm people are handling the bone armor buff-clearing ability properly, the physical realm tank takes less damage because the adds go down quickly.

How the spirit realm team handles the priestesses is equally important. In my raid, we kill little adds > priestess one > light cleave only on priestess two so i can solo her down after i clear the armor during wailing souls phase. If your raid is too fast on DPS and kills priestess two, then the physical realm tank takes more damage because there's no way to clear during souls. If your raid is too slow, it's possible that priestess two will live throughout the entirety of the wailing soul phase and you'll have *three* to deal with next time, meaning you'll be taking more damage.

To maximize your healing, time AMS properly to stop two of the Queen's casts instead of one and use Bonestorm to pad those meters.

To be honest, though, all of this is pretty moot, because unless the physical realm people aim the purple goop right where you're standing in phase 1 or you lag out in the final phase, there's nothing in this fight on heroic that can kill you unless you're playing excessively poorly.

Spirit realms adds were indeed handled a little slowly so that might explain it. Also, co tank was a. Ear so that might had some influence as well.

We one - shorted it, but I was just wondering why I took more dmg (even though I needed less healing)