Thread: Race Halls

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Isn't that what the capital cities are for? Everyone has one now short of the Horde/Alliance Pandaren.

I don't know, I'm pretty sure that if we get to have a hub it's gonna be a repurposed hub in the place we're assaulting next, be it Kul Tiras or the spaceship of the Ethereals or whatever.
    I mean the whole building and getting buffs idea was clearly a test for things to be implemented in the future so maybe a faction-wide effort to get a temporal upgrade to our very own "broken shore" style of quest hub where we send our people to missions and also give out resources to gain temporary buffs and shit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    Race halls are a bad idea because of how little some races will get used. Like Goblin for example.

Even worse here are people who play lots of classes as the same race. Blood elves, humans, Night elfs and draenei are popular. Having many alts of them is not a bad thing. But if you add in race halls then those players feel screwed over cause they don't get to experience the other race halls without leveling from scratch or paying for a race change.

It would make ppl start a Goblin (and other less played races) maybe and check there story out instead of having a Elf/human community everywhere in Warcraft.
    Also with the class order halls we have right now ppl that only play 1 class also get screwed so yeah you cant have everything unless you put some effort into it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greathoudini View Post
    "Hated the class halls" as expected to hear from someone who still thinks covfefe is funny, let alone it ever being funny in the first place.
    What's wrong with the class halls? It's not like garrisons in WoD where you can't do anything but the mission table. It's not like class halls are tied to everything, either. Don't know why you seem to think it divides the community either. Yea, it sure does divide the playerbase by making them sit afk with other members of their class, rather than letting them sit afk in Dalaran with everyone else. Oh wait. It doesn't make them.

TL;DR: Quit looking for shit to bitch about.
    Not lookin for Shit to butch about, it's forced upon me.

Sounds pretty racist.

goblins already have the ghetto part of Orgrimmar and Trolls are pretty much transients. Next you will want a mage table for humans and another mage table for the undesirables. Maybe they should have a planet of the apes expansion where all races have to fight there way out of slavery...

7+ Year Old Account
    depends, if we not becoming the new racial leader, like we are the class leader i vote yes

but they could just revive the capital city to be like this, with quests and everything, would be nice

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    depends, if we not becoming the new racial leader, like we are the class leader i vote yes

but they could just revive the capital city to be like this, with quests and everything, would be nice
    Well then 4 races (depedning if pandaren would be able to return constantly on turtle) would be without proper capital. echo isles are more training grounds than capital, gnomeregan isn't recovered, Worgen still don't have gilneas and they live in tree in Darnassus, and Bilgewater goblins... well that Harbor in Azshara does looks impressive.

But I think that all we need to have is an outpost. Not class hall, but maybe something much smaller, without table and such but some daily hub. similar to Halfhill, which you could customise aswell. Kinda like mix of Sunson ranch and garrisons but without table, something that isn't time consuming and a place that could give an idea on how your kind (orcs, tauren, gnomes) - is having involvement in matters.

For example night elven outpost would be started in smilar way like in Shadowmoon valley -creating moonwell.

And here we could brainstorm on how this outpost could be created, that inside you need representative of almost each class (minus DK and DH for obvious reasons I guess).

This could be a very fun feature if done right. And it could contain both Class AND racial lore.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Please, no more Halls, Garrisons or anything similar. Housing has to die.

Deleted
    Faction subfactions could really use some plot development to flesh-out underutilised racial leaders. Don't get silly with racist bullshit here. Everyone wants to see some cool non-orc, non-human/rotten-human, non-belf/nelf, non-draenei (only recently) direction. Dwarves, gnomes, trolls, taurens (sic!) need some love.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Splenda View Post
    I'm fine with it but frankly I'd rather have the main cities overhauled to be more useful, and not ghost towns.
    that's a thing of the past already. both class halls and main cities are now sharded into a max population. if 1000 people to go stormwind, the game will put them in like 5-10 different phases of the city. the plus side of that though is that the unpopular cities now actually have more people in em because of it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    Well then 4 races (depedning if pandaren would be able to return constantly on turtle) would be without proper capital. echo isles are more training grounds than capital, gnomeregan isn't recovered, Worgen still don't have gilneas and they live in tree in Darnassus, and Bilgewater goblins... well that Harbor in Azshara does looks impressive.

But I think that all we need to have is an outpost. Not class hall, but maybe something much smaller, without table and such but some daily hub. similar to Halfhill, which you could customise aswell. Kinda like mix of Sunson ranch and garrisons but without table, something that isn't time consuming and a place that could give an idea on how your kind (orcs, tauren, gnomes) - is having involvement in matters.

For example night elven outpost would be started in smilar way like in Shadowmoon valley -creating moonwell.

And here we could brainstorm on how this outpost could be created, that inside you need representative of almost each class (minus DK and DH for obvious reasons I guess).

This could be a very fun feature if done right. And it could contain both Class AND racial lore.
    they could create new capital city and make the ones we have better, instead of doing something brand new they did with class hall( like chain quest to build up from the zero or to reconquer like gnomeregan)

but yeah i like this idea of outpost, maybe like the garrison( in size guys don't crucify me) with every class race representative

sounds pretty interesting,since they don't give a shit about other races, they could do this, and they will feel represented

7+ Year Old Account
    "race halls"?
    seriously?

capital cities say hi.

Formerly known as Arafal

I never really got the appeal to garrisons or class halls. I really hated it when the devs said that class halls would be better because you would see other players there. Who the fuck cares? Nobody talks to each other, everyone's still in there to play their single player game. I fucking knew it would be the same.

If they wanted people to play together, then they would design it around playing together.
    Last edited by HitRefresh; 2017-07-22 at 09:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    "race halls"?
    seriously?

capital cities say hi.
    And how are they advancing racial lore?
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Covfefe View Post
    I don't want any more Shit to divide the community.
    Next expansions they are building the wall.
    Current Rig
    Intel i5 3570K | Corsair H100 | ASRock Z77 Extreme4 | R9 390 8GB | G.Skill 16GB | Intel 520 Series 180GB | 8TB in HDDs
    Seasonic X-760 760W | 27" U2711 Dell | Corsair 600T | Logitech Z506 | Windows 10 Pro 64bit

not to be captain obvious but.... capital cities?