Best alliance race for DK? [PvE]

The differences might be marginal but if I was into min/maxing which race would be best for dps/tanking?

10+ Year Old Account
    Dwarf for tank I believe and worgen for dps if I remember correctly

Quote Originally Posted by Ctee View Post
    The differences might be marginal but if I was into min/maxing which race would be best for dps/tanking?
    imho:
    for tanking - dwarf
    dps - worgen or night elf
    soloing - night elf (for shadowmeld)
    PvP - human or gnome

Deleted
    I would say human is the most universal of them all thanks to http://www.wowhead.com/spell=20598/t...pirit#comments

2% more of all secondary stats is allways good

Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal View Post
    I would say human is the most universal of them all thanks to http://www.wowhead.com/spell=20598/t...pirit#comments

I was pretty certain until you came in!

I would go worgen, period for the extra mobility. Even though it's a long cooldown for what it does, it's still good to have additional movement speed for this slow ass class.
    Last edited by RuneDK; 2017-08-10 at 06:38 PM.

in all honesty I think you should pick what has the looks you like best

Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal View Post

I second this, definitely the most balanced racials for any role you want to play on your DK and Every Man for Himself has proved useful in many PvE scenarios, even after its nerf since stuns are one of the most common CCs in-game. I also really like their reputation bonus for QoL reasons.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    I would go worgen, period for the extra mobility. Even though it's a long cooldown for what it does, it's still good to have additional movement speed for this slow ass class.
    This would also be a good choice. I would also recommend engineering for the speed boost (but note that it shares cooldowns with dps/invis pots!), they are mostly for QoL but they have some use in PvE like when running back from a wipe in a mythic+ where you can't mount or in a raid encounter where maybe your reaction was a little late so you have the choice of sacrificing a pot and escaping that mechanic with the speed boost.

Of course it comes down to personal preference in the end, but really the class is extremely slow in comparison to other classes so grab any mobility you can get your hands on to make your (WoW) life easier.

15+ Year Old Account
    For tanking, Dwarf hands down. Stoneform can be used to drop Grievous stacks and I was using it on various mechanics in raids. For Xavius you could manage your own debuff with it and it's nice for those mobs in dungeons that put stacking poisons on you (Eye, Arcway, Cath).

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ctee View Post
    Worgen-

Pros-
    Dark Flight

Cons-
    Transmogging shoulders is a nightmare

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Piz813 View Post
    Transmogging shoulders is a nightmare
    True, but I did find that the starter gear has quite a good look: Armory Link

Deleted
    Worgen for DPS
    Dwarf for tank
    Human for PVP

Night Elf.

TWO PERCENT DOOOODGE

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't matter unless you are in a top 1% of the world guild. In that case, if you're min/maxing that hard, you should be playing Horde because they have hands-down superior PvE racials.

gnome for their +100% to awesome