Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroso View Post
    Those aren't outliers but okay lol. On my worst days i'm middle of the pack in my raid. Just face it, you gave up on Outlaw because all you see is warcraftlogs statistics, Outlaw isn't nearly as bad as you and Bamboozler make it out to be.

I'm not saying everyone should be playing Outlaw in mythic world first guilds, but i am saying it is ludicrous to think Outlaw is a dumb choice for a heroic raid environment which is what the OP was asking about.

In HC its ok to play Outlaw but if you really want to help your guild on mythic, outlaw isnt very helpfull. Sub is and assa aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by Nzelm View Post
    In HC its ok to play Outlaw but if you really want to help your guild on mythic, outlaw isnt very helpfull. Sub is and assa aswell.
    Doing 1m dps is doing 1m dps. Doesn't matter what spec you are if you're doing 1m dps which is almost double what you need to do in Heroic. I linked logs showing this.

Also i like how you say Assassin is fine as well in addition to Sub when Assa is just about equal in usefulness as Outlaw is which just goes to show you don't know what you're talking about.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    What info do you have that says Outlaw is equal to sin? Honest question.
    Id say sin is slightly better than outlaw, but you can't compare sin with sub because sub just smashes the other two specs

Now that I think about it, all three rogue specs are going to have issues damage wise come Antorus. None of the specs scale very well, including sub. In fact, when looking at logs, sub has slowly been dropping down in the rankings. So either Blizz will have to bandaid buff all three specs, or do something to fix rogue's scaling, or else the class will be in a bad place in terms of dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    What info do you have that says Outlaw is equal to sin? Honest question.
    Warcraft Logs Analysis. I said just about equal not equal. Outlaw comes ahead on 4 bosses, on 2-3 bosses outlaw is lower but practically equal with Assa, and on there's 2-3 fights that Assa is way ahead. Assa is still overall higher, but its not nearly to the level people are making it out to be.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Varolyn View Post
    Now that I think about it, all three rogue specs are going to have issues damage wise come Antorus. None of the specs scale very well, including sub. In fact, when looking at logs, sub has slowly been dropping down in the rankings. So either Blizz will have to bandaid buff all three specs, or do something to fix rogue's scaling, or else the class will be in a bad place in terms of dps.
    No chance of blizzard fixing the scaling issue before next expansion. They don't care about rogues enough to put in that much work before pre-expansion patch. They'll stick to bandaid buffs like they've treated Outlaw the entire expansion. They at least tried with Sub, and it worked for this tier, but to extend that to the other 2 specs? I don't see that happening.

Deleted
    For heroic if your ilvl is fine and you know how to play your spec, then you will always be a great asset to a raid. Rogues are amazing at doing mechanics and just surviving which is all what heroic is about.