Terror from below vs charm of the rising tide

Which one is better for a fire mage out of those 2?

Depends on ilvl but generally speaking charm of the rising tide isnt a good trinket period.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...view?sle=true#

Shark. Shark/owl should be your target.

Shark > Charm

Tbh I would never use Charm.

| Mage | Rogue |
    - Barthilas-US -

10+ Year Old Account
    SHARK!

Shark goes

CHAWMP CHOM CHOMP

Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    Shark. Shark/owl should be your target.
    I'm using kiljadens burning wish and terror right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    I'm using kiljadens burning wish and terror right now.
    Is KJBW one of your only legendaries? It's a good 'trinket' but not a good legendary.

| Mage | Rogue |
    - Barthilas-US -

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodmagix View Post
    Is KJBW one of your only legendaries? It's a good 'trinket' but not a good legendary.
    I have the fire bracers, chest and that. I figured the trinket is better to equip than the chest.

I have the fire bracers and that.
    Yeah that's fine then, when you get another legendary changes are it will pull ahead of KJBW unless In burst AoE situations.

| Mage | Rogue |
    - Barthilas-US -

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodmagix View Post
    Yeah that's fine then, when you get another legendary changes are it will pull ahead of KJBW unless In burst AoE situations.
    I have the chest too but I figured the trinket is better, am I wrong?

I have the chest too but I figured the trinket is better, am I wrong?
    The chest is amazing for survival. Current Fire game play seems to love Mastery also so it would be pretty good. In single target situations atleast I would say that the chest is better, with the added survival it's handy. The only reason why it wouldn't be is if you were replacing a tier piece and breaking a set bonus.

| Mage | Rogue |
    - Barthilas-US -

If you post your toon name and server I could do a quick single target sim just to get an idea anyway.

| Mage | Rogue |
    - Barthilas-US -

Terror, till you go multi-target, then almost any other trinket is better, due to you not being able to control the damage proc at all and it doesn't scale. On 2-3 target it's still acceptable, but in M+ for example, you shouldn't run it outside boss fights.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    Terror, till you go multi-target, then almost any other trinket is better, due to you not being able to control the damage proc at all and it doesn't scale. On 2-3 target it's still acceptable, but in M+ for example, you shouldn't run it outside boss fights.
    For fire aoe, I like owl + whispers. I would imagine an equal level fury of burning would combine with owl better. What is that trinket, spectral thumbral or something, good for aoe iirc, but I don't have it so have never checked. On my last mistress I think I ran a 885 fury with a socket. I use mastery sockets when possible and go aoe for fire(try to get ignite or pyro relics, never flamestrike), on first boss, sisters, and maiden I go frost, works well. Flame patch is so op for that row right now, imho.

I have the fire bracers, chest and that. I figured the trinket is better to equip than the chest.
    Unlikely unless it breaks up a set bonus.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    For fire aoe, I like owl + whispers. I would imagine an equal level fury of burning would combine with owl better. What is that trinket, spectral thumbral
    Spectral Thurible is amazing for AoE(at least for Frost).. On Mistress it does 10% of my total damage, granted I can only use it because we got only 1 Boomkin and no autocleave. Then again my Thurible is 950 Ilevel, so results may vary.

Deleted
    rising tide ok if you just sit there with no movement.
    possible on some fights but obviously not most of the time.

Terror all the way!