Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tartys View Post
    Why you wanna have a "realistic looking medieval-esque character" in a theme park MMO basend on a Warcfrat franchise with planets, space race, demon, void, space ship? I mean, if you wanna RP stay in something related to this universe that is nothing to do with realistic looking medieval-esque ...

Lord of the ring could be the perfect mmo for you!
    What if he really loves the Warcraft world and it's lore and wants to use more of the realistic looking sets that DOES exist in WoW? That's what I do on a few characters with the level 40-50ish plate armour "Overlord's" and I'm enjoying the game a lot. Can't see what hurts with asking for a bit more of what you like. *Shrugs*

And don't tell me that Lord of the Ring mmo would be the perfect mmo for me - I tried it and it's awful. I never actually much enjoyed LotR to begin with. '.'

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy the Lemming View Post
    What if he really loves the Warcraft world and it's lore and wants to use more of the realistic looking sets that DOES exist in WoW? That's what I do on a few characters with the level 40-50ish plate armour "Overlord's" and I'm enjoying the game a lot. Can't see what hurts with asking for a bit more of what you like. *Shrugs*

And don't tell me that Lord of the Ring mmo would be the perfect mmo for me - I tried it and it's awful. I never actually much enjoyed LotR to begin with. '.'
    Because If he loves Warcraft and it's lore, he should be aware that there is not much relevance to realistic looking medieval-esque character in WoW.
    Expecial in a game like that, with a sort of "cartoonist" style, looking for some "realistic", its a bit strange. Also, generally equips are related to the expansion theme...

To me, first we have to asking a better designed equip in general... they are re-using the old Tier9 by now.
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

Because If he loves Warcraft and it's lore, he should be aware that there is not much relevance to realistic looking medieval-esque character in WoW.
    Expecial in a game like that, with a sort of "cartoonist" style, looking for some "realistic", its a bit strange. Also, generally equips are related to the expansion theme...

To me, first we have to asking a better designed equip in general... they are re-using the old Tier9 by now.
    I think you're too hung up on the word "realistic," it doesn't necessarily mean something that accurately resembles gear used during European history. In fact the OP has said (several times) that they like WoW's cartoony aesthetic.

When the OP says they want more "realistic" weapons and armour they mean they want weapons that look like something a person could reasonably be expected to wield and armour suitable to a more general adventurer rather than a god-slaying superhero protagonist.

Last edited by Darktbs; 2017-08-21 at 12:14 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Angry Uncle Owens are the best.

You keep working those moisture vaperators OP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venara
    Half this forum would be permanently banned if we did everything some of our users regularly demand or otherwise expect us to do.
    Actual blue mod response on doing what they volunteered to do. No wonder this place is infested.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by darktbs View Post
    how far are you searching exactly?
    thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    I think you're too hung up on the word "realistic," it doesn't necessarily mean something that accurately resembles gear used during European history. In fact the OP has said (several times) that they like WoW's cartoony aesthetic.

When the OP says they want more "realistic" weapons and armour they mean they want weapons that look like something a person could reasonably be expected to wield and armour suitable to a more general adventurer rather than a god-slaying superhero protagonist.
    Things is, Blizzard IS adding those types of weapons and armors, the "problem" is that simple Weapons/armors and given during leveling or via profession.

With Vanilla you have 60 levels with tons of weapons and armors while Mop/WoD/Legion only have 25 combined and blizzard go out of the way making Scenarios, recolors, quests, collection itens that unlocks a bunch of new models for almost no cost.

Not only that but it will need to fit the theme of the expansion, MoP have good weapons but with Asian theme(which the Op say,for some reason, don't count) Wod was a Orc/Draenei/Ogre expansion, you have more weapons that would fit those races, but blizzard added more models in the profession and Warmill/Dwarf bunker.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gushDH View Post
    There are none at legion, wod, mop, cata and wotlk. Show me one realistic, one that a real human would use in an actual fight.
    There are, search better.

7+ Year Old Account

Ok, but in WoW we are not a general adventurer anymore and also, an adventurer dont use plate armor thats more for a knight or a warrior.
    And maybe is a limit to your fantasy if you fail to conceive a style that is not very basic...

You can be a bit more a "fancy" adventurers, because you are in an unconventional fantasy world. I mean try to use less stereotypes and more imagination...

Also the real problem here, even if you dont play RP, its hard to find something decent to wear, generally speaking, there are a very few piece of equip than dont look terrible. Its hard for everyone find something "nice". Is the reason why I think we have start to asking they dont re-use the same gears and focusing on a better design..

sorry for my english.
    Last edited by Tartys; 2017-08-21 at 12:38 AM. Reason: typo
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

These are a few of my characters in gear I think looks decent quality without being OTT in terms of ornateness or "unrealistic" in size. Some of them are low level so belts, shoes and boots are quite mismatched (yes I transmog my heirlooms whilst leveling,) and I'm not totally happy with all the weapon mogs. I've had to grab pictures from the armoury as I'm not home at the moment and using my girlfriend's laptop.

Click for bigger images.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, but in WoW we are not a general adventurer anymore and also, an adventurer dont use plate armor thats more for a knight or a warrior.
    And maybe is a limit to your fantasy if you fail to conceive a style that is not very basic...
    RPers don't usually use the in-game achievements of characters to form the backbone of their personal story, whilst they may not be just a general grunt (although a lot of the more long-lived guilds do seem to be just that) they're also not the super-powered, centre-of-attention uber-heroes that the in-game story makes us.

However there is a space between "absolute reality" and the kind of heroes the game makes us that RPers inhabit, and in this space we can have mercenaries, ex-soldiers or just motivated adventurers who can manage to buy, find or craft a suit of plate armour.

You can be a bit more a "fancy" adventurers, because you are in an unconventional fantasy world. I mean try to use less stereotypes and more imagination...
    This is what the OP wants to do, use their imagination to create a character that isn't just following the story laid out by the gameplay and they'd like decent looking gear to support the different possibilities.

Also the real problem here, even if you dont play RP, its hard to find something decent to wear, generally speaking, there are a very few piece of equip than dont look terrible. Its hard for everyone find something "nice". Is the reason why I think we have start to asking they dont re-use the same gears and focusing on a better design..

sorry for my english.
    Actually I disagree with you and the OP here, I think it's quite possible to make a decent looking set of gear whether you want to follow a theme of an expansion, make an over-the-top fantasy super character or a more grounded adventurer.

Deleted
    looking for some "realistic", its a bit strange.
    Again, please see my explanation on what I meant by 'realistic'. I'll sum it up. I LIKE the timeless, "cartoony" style of WoW. I'm not wanting a dark and gritty Dragon Age look... I'm simply asking, or wishing, for the type of practical low level gear that is available but with higher resolution textures. It's that simple.

Here's a good example, just one last time in case people don't get it after 8 pages.

Practical, simple gear like this but made high resolution. The same quality you'd find in legion's armour but with a practicality and normality that would befit an NPC. And I shouldn't have to explain what I mean by "what an NPC would wear" because it's been explained by me and a few others who understand it several times.

Dhrizzle gets it.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, but in WoW we are not a general adventurer anymore
    And here you fail to even understand that this thread is about ROLEPLAYING not gameplay. In RP we can be anything. Very few or no one at all uses the current state of the game to influence their RP. It's not about sticking to the status quo and RPing as the best <insert class here> in the world, as has been said many times ITT.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually I disagree with you and the OP here, I think it's quite possible to make a decent looking set of gear whether you want to follow a theme of an expansion, make an over-the-top fantasy super character or a more grounded adventurer.
    Well even though I agree with everything you've said, I didn't really say there was a complete lack of gear. I have 5 RP characters, all of which are radically different. The variety is great in WoW... It's just a shame that most of the type of gear I personally want to use comes from the old days.
    Last edited by mmoc37b524a896; 2017-08-21 at 03:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darktbs View Post
    How far are you searching exactly?
    At least he has a better idea of what is realistically usable and what isn't. None of the swords you found would be realistically usable without significantly more strength and endurance than a regular human.

Just for reference: A real one handed sword is usually between 2-3 pounds. Two handed about 3-6.

Similar issues with the other stuff you named.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    At least he has a better idea of what is realistically usable and what isn't. None of the swords you found would be realistically usable without significantly more strength and endurance than a regular human.

Just for reference: A real one handed sword is usually between 2-3 pounds. Two handed about 3-6.

Similar issues with the other stuff you named.
    Just so you know...

Our world Humans =/= Wow Humans.

In case you don't know...one of the swords i linked is actually used by ALLIANCE FOOTMAN IN STORMSHIELD!

The weapons i linked match what the OP wants

I'm simply asking, or wishing, for the type of practical low level gear that is available but with higher resolution textures. It's that simple.
    They are High resolution and are simple for Warcraft standards.

7+ Year Old Account
    Why you wanna have a "realistic looking medieval-esque character" in a theme park MMO basend on a Warcfrat franchise with planets, space race, demon, void, space ship? I mean, if you wanna RP stay in something related to this universe that is nothing to do with realistic looking medieval-esque ...

Lord of the ring could be the perfect mmo for you!
    "I want to rp as a farmer. Better get my flaming sword and oversized shoulderpads of the light to seed some crops"

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by gushDH View Post
    There are none at legion, wod, mop, cata and wotlk. Show me one realistic, one that a real human would use in an actual fight.
    In a game with magic and demons and orcs and elves? There's nothing "actual" about any of it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zamfix View Post
    In a game with magic and demons and orcs and elves? There's nothing "actual" about any of it.

In a game with magic and demons and orcs and elves? Who would've thought something realistic would exist, right?

The races just mentioned:

https://1d4chan.org/images/thumb/6/6...60166a_2xl.jpg

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads...6802-f1aea.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-LPzcoyhaAJ...f_warriors.jpg

Bottom line is: Even in fantasy worlds with dragons, demons, orcs and what not, realistic armour DOES work. And I -love- the Bretonnia Knight armour design!
    Last edited by Sigxy; 2017-08-21 at 10:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I read through this thread the other day and, upon coming across it again today, I have to say that the ignorance of some people is baffling. How do they even exist in the real world if they have so little sense of what is happening around them? The fact that so many people have the trouble of believing that not every character in the Warcraft lore is wearing armour that turns them into a colossus is completely laughable. Just because there are existing characters who can wield these things, doesn't mean that every character will.

Seriously, what do you expect? Topper McNabb the beggar to walk around wearing the Mythic Tomb of Sargeras warrior set, simply because he's living in a "high fantasy universe" - how stupid can you be?! Also, another note to those people: actually learn what roleplay is before you comment on a topic that discusses it. Thank you! And sorry to the OP, I can see that this has been a mad struggle for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Gonder View Post
    Seriously, what do you expect? Topper McNabb the beggar to walk around wearing the Mythic Tomb of Sargeras warrior set, simply because he's living in a "high fantasy universe" - how stupid can you be?! Also, another note to those people: actually learn what roleplay is before you comment on a topic that discusses it. Thank you! And sorry to the OP, I can see that this has been a mad struggle for you.
    You were right up to this point.

For roleplay or not, it tackles the transmog area, i could say the same to the OP to "actually learn how to transmog" since there is dozens of High resolution itens for hundreds of different characters and Blizzard is adding more with time.