10+ Year Old Account

Post I just can't let go of the idea of being able to build outposts eventually

...Note I said outposts, not player housing.

The concept is simple: You build a faction or cross-faction outposts in pre-set areas on EK, Kalimdor, Pandaria, Northrend, the Broken Isles, Outland and Draenor. Some are even class exclusive =O

Here's a few Zones for example purposes with the intro story:

Deadwind Pass - Khadgar's Respite

Story: After the recent events involving Karazhan and The Dark Riders, the Kirin Tor have decided to build an outpost with which to better monitor the evil forces that lurk in the pass. With help from Lumber from the Alliance and Stone from the Horde, the Kirin Tor is recruiting help from brave heroes to help them break ground!

• Players can take the intro quest starting at level 60.
    • After chosing the location, players will defend the construction site from raiders looking to disrupt their efforts.
    • Once the Outpost is up and running, players are sent to Darkshire (Alliance) or Stonard (Horde) to establish overland trade routes.
    • Players are called back as they level by expansion to help the Kirin Tor. Max level players can do daily quests to earn rep and transmog gear from the level 70 version of Karazhan.

Note: Alliance players will see it completed while in the area.

Un'Goro Crater/Silithus Boarder - Saurfang Hold

Story: Many years have passed since The War of Shifting Sands. The Cenarion Circle, which maintains an outpost in the middle of Silithus has shifted resources elsehwhere in recent years. At the same time, the Alliance has focused on fortifying their own outposts in Un'Goro Crater and Tanaris. High Overlord Saurfang decides the time has come for the Horde to expand its presence is southwestern Kalimdor with construction of a new stronghold!

• Horde Players can take the intro quest starting at level 55.
    • Players will fight alongside High Overlord Saurfang, who is personally overseeing the construction of the new outpost that will bear his name.
    • Once the Outpost is up and running, players are sent to Gadgetstan to establish an overland trade route.
    • Players are called back as they level by expansion to help improve Saurfang Hold. Max level players can do daily quests to earn rep and transmog gear from the level 60 AQ Raids.

Hillsbrad Foothills - Southshore

Story: In the years since the Gilneans were driven from their homeland, not a day went by when the proud Gilmeans did not think of returning to retake their homeland from the Forsaken. Now, the time has come. With the help of the Stormpike Guard, the Dark Iron Dwarves and even the Tushui Pandaren, the Alliance decides to work with Gilneas to retake and rebuild Southshore, which fell to the Forsaken after the Cataclysm. While the Dwarves push in from the northeast and the Worgen from the west, brave heroes will embark by ship from Purgation Isle to began the battle for Southshore!

• Alliance Players can take the intro quest starting at level 20.
    • Players will fight alongside Ivar Bloodfang, Darius Crowley and Aysa Cloudsinger during the invasion.
    • Once Southshore has been taken, players are sent to Aerie Peak (Arathi Highlands), Stormpike Stronghold and Menethil Harbor (Wetlands) to establish land, air and sea trade routes.
    • Players are called back as they level by expansion to help repel attempts by the Forsaken. Max level players can do daily quests to earn rep and transmog gear given as quest rewards in pre-Cataclysm Hillsbrad.
    • Once Southshore is retaken, Hillsbrad Foothills becomes an Outdoor Battleground Team Deathmatch style at regular intervals. Temporary Level scaling is used to level to playing field for those not at max level.

Note: Horde players will see Southshore recaptured while in the area.

...I think that's enough for folks to get the idea.

Like the Draenor Garrison, the area you build on is preset. Unlike both Garrisons and Order Halls, you don't have Follower Missions or Resources to grind. Things a much more simple and straightforward. I didn't say this before but these areas would be quest hubs that scale to level. The point is it would add a new quest hub or two in a few zones per expansion to either supplement the zone's storyline or add more things to do.
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

7+ Year Old Account
    I love the idea! Except maybe the level requirements. I think they should all be the same.