Thread: Ele/Enh?

Ele/Enh?

Soo.. i've started up my shaman again.. I am just wondering performance wise, which is my better bet? I enjoy both specs thoroughly. I understand Ele is range so it gets the upper hand but how are they after the buffs/nerfs/rework of enh? Just trying to not stab myself in the foot once i pick a spec to persue, nothing about flav of the month.

Enh seems to be doing better with damage, but ele is ranged. I am personally ele, I just wish the numbers were higher.

15+ Year Old Account
    From what I've been told (haven't touched my shaman in a while now) enh is really good at single target fights and ele is really good at multi target fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Themanjake View Post
    Soo.. i've started up my shaman again.. I am just wondering performance wise, which is my better bet? I enjoy both specs thoroughly. I understand Ele is range so it gets the upper hand but how are they after the buffs/nerfs/rework of enh? Just trying to not stab myself in the foot once i pick a spec to persue, nothing about flav of the month.
    you can play both now? Not like AP will ruin you.
    But as an overall, 100% depends on what play style you like the most. Enhance is good for pure ST and or converting AoE fights into pure ST boss dmg. Also Ascendance enhance is super fun. 30 yrd Melee range is sick. Ele is decent for AOE fights, but now excel at burst AOE. Obvs being a caster and all that downfall.

My suggestion is play both for a bit. see which you enjoy and or want to excel at.

Quote Originally Posted by Themanjake View Post
    Ranged dps has more versatility. And there's shitloads of melee. I'd go ranged.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ele is the better choice IMO. Enhance is pretty fun but Ele has a great rotation, amazing visuals, is ranged, and brings good utility.

Unfortunately, we are the forgotten spec of Legion.

The one you're best at/enjoy playing.

Personally I feel it comes down to what you prefer playing - melee or ranged.

Both do reasonable damage with enh being a head on ST and ele dominating AoE fights.

i'm currently playing a ele shaman and find it really fun. the new animations look wonderfully juicy too

I'm really enjoying elemental atm.