Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Turturin the Warlock View Post
    You don't tab corruption onto the adds. time Seed of corruption casts with burden of pain casts. adds should never live long enough to make a refresh worthwhile (unless you're stopping dps on them which means you also shouldn't refresh)

There is no mandatory legendary combo. Chest + Netherlord is good, but I preferred 2pc/4pc + belt and netherlord. +10% on each UA is big, and that compounds with the damage bonuses on this fight when you really go HAM (i.e. with bufferfish and 30-36 sec soul harvest).
    UA is far more value for a soul shard, and Belt is useless on that fight because you are swimming in soul shards.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...metric=bossdps

100% parse. Didn't cast Seed once.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=14
    Last edited by muto; 2017-09-26 at 11:15 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    UA is far more value for a soul shard, and Belt is useless on that fight because you are swimming in soul shards.

Doesn't mean your method is the defacto "optimal" way to do the max damage. You are running 2p T19 so ofc UA is going to have a much higher value for you, so it actually comes down to itemisation.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=12

This parse is the current 100% for affliction, hes not running 2p t19 and he is casting seed. In this instance he is running the chest so seed becomes far more efficient and valuable damage wise if the chest procs refunding the shard so you are saving 4-5 gcds from tabbing corruption at the potential cost of only 2gcds, yes chest is rng, but its still way more efficient damage because his UA is not inflated by T19.

TL: DR - More than one way to skin a cat basically, no one method is ever realistically ever going to be the exact best, due to leggos, titanforging and itemisation. Its what method works best for you and your gear/raid setup.

Deleted
    Do you realize 100% parse are full or padding shit / insane RNG ? Try playing seed and go ham on mistress as your raid dies from tornadoes

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lehaduhams View Post
    Do you realize 100% parse are full or padding shit / insane RNG ? Try playing seed and go ham on mistress as your raid dies from tornadoes
    And? So fucking what?

Do you realise my whole point was there is more than one way to approach the fight depending on itemisation, stats and raid setup, or did you miss that part in your rush to post some rhetorical useless bullshit.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...pec=Affliction

oh man look at all those parses with Sow the Seeds

oh wait

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by david0925 View Post
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...pec=Affliction

oh man look at all those parses with Sow the Seeds

oh wait
    And the prize of Emperor of Potato goes to you my friend............no body was talking about using Sow the Seeds, we were talking about the merits between tabbing corruption onto the adds or using SOC to put up the corruptions at the cost of a shard.

Maybe read next time and you wont look like such a dingbat

Top kek tho, dont let the door hit you in the ass on the way out
    Last edited by mmoc6c2e0bc3b9; 2017-09-27 at 04:58 PM.

There are no legendary's for Affliction that are a must. They are all situationally useful. The most versatile being the Netherlord ring and Prydaz. Helm and Sacrolash for the Writhe and AC fights, and Belt + Netherlord 2+4 piece for single target. For fights like Sisters I drop Netherlord for Prydaz.
    just this, +1

Quote Originally Posted by Osanger View Post
    And the prize of Emperor of Potato goes to you my friend............no body was talking about using Sow the Seeds, we were talking about the merits between tabbing corruption onto the adds or using SOC to put up the corruptions at the cost of a shard.

Maybe read next time and you wont look like such a dingbat next time
    "Do you realize 100% parse are full or padding shit / insane RNG ? Try playing seed and go ham on mistress as your raid dies from tornadoes"

is that how you interpret "playing seed", as in "seeding once every spawn?" because that's literally what I was replying to

I am actually inclined to agree with you about casting seed once to spread corruption being more GCD efficient, especially when soul shard is not a limiting resource on Mistress, and it's pretty funny that you just jump on me like that.

Belt is useless because you're swimming in soul shards, but using a soul shard on SoC and saving 3 (or more when murlocs are out) globals on corruption is wasteful?

Logic dictates you can't have it both ways, and belt is extremely useful for tab spamming UA's on adds.

And I don't care about your (or anyone else's) overgeared re-clears. show me what you did on progress if you want to use your parse to convince/impress me.

Deleted
    "Do you realize 100% parse are full or padding shit / insane RNG ? Try playing seed and go ham on mistress as your raid dies from tornadoes"

is that how you interpret "playing seed", as in "seeding once every spawn?" because that's literally what I was replying to

I am actually inclined to agree with you about casting seed once to spread corruption being more GCD efficient, especially when soul shard is not a limiting resource on Mistress, and it's pretty funny that you just jump on me like that.
    Well because it was taken out of context, the OP you were answering was just talking rhetorical crap and i thought you were addressing my original point not his, a quote would have helped there then to be fair.

Anyways its all gravy and i think we can all agree that that fight is so much of a cluster fuck half the time with all the shit going off, that there are many ways to approach it depending on your setup.

Belt is useless because you're swimming in soul shards, but using a soul shard on SoC and saving 3 (or more when murlocs are out) globals on corruption is wasteful?

Logic dictates you can't have it both ways, and belt is extremely useful for tab spamming UA's on adds.

And I don't care about your (or anyone else's) overgeared re-clears. show me what you did on progress if you want to use your parse to convince/impress me.
    That's not my parse, and you shouldn't be spending UAs on adds they should be going into the boss.

That's not my parse, and you shouldn't be spending UAs on adds they should be going into the boss.
    If you're referring to never swapping to a waverunner, I have to disagree with you there...

There are plenty of times where there is a murloc in Africa or they aren't stacked enough and quickly bursting them down is extremely valuable (during progress at least). Of course, post nerfs + crucible this really isn't an issue anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by pappaslop View Post
    If you're referring to never swapping to a waverunner, I have to disagree with you there...

There are plenty of times where there is a murloc in Africa or they aren't stacked enough and quickly bursting them down is extremely valuable (during progress at least). Of course, post nerfs + crucible this really isn't an issue anymore.
    Yes, I'm speaking from a place of doing progression on the fight pre-nerfs. And yes, there were plenty of times when UA's went into adds other than the boss for legit reasons.

Yes, I'm speaking from a place of doing progression on the fight pre-nerfs. And yes, there were plenty of times when UA's went into adds other than the boss for legit reasons.
    Of course. Progress is all that matters

I was agreeing with you, not him =p

Deleted
    As a affliction lock since tbc (aff ftw)i have all legos and raid mythic, i find the belt is great and hardly take it off,partly due to not having a good enough replacement itemlvl wise the 2nd lego i use depends on the encounter and what teir peices i need to maintain 4set, usually neck ,chest or corr ring
    belt is win. (shards are everything!).
    neck is great stats
    chest if u wanna have a bit of fun(more haste,more shards being cast, more chance to get buff) can be a dream at times.i like using for mythic +++

So you're agreeing with me then, that's what I'm seeing here.

So you're agreeing with me then, that's what I'm seeing here.
    Depends on how you look at it I guess lol...

You simply said "you shouldn't spend UAs on adds". That, I disagree with (even during farm). It just isn't as big of a deal anymore because Mistress is a lot safer than it was. I still never condone 100% tunneling but that's just me

Murloc in Africa sounds like a off tank/DK issue more than a dps issue, but in that context of course you do what needs to be done.

Just like we have so much incidental passive AoE that our warlocks don't even slap corruption on Stalkers (seeing how T20 2p is rppm just off 1 corruption so they aren't losing out on ST by not having Corruption on Stalkers) because that was how absurd our AoE was even before the nerf.

I thought the discussion was more about "how to spend resources, both GCD and shards, optimally to do meaningful damage" than "we needed to do this in our raid because of raid comp and individual performance issues" so my bad if it isn't

Murloc in Africa sounds like a off tank/DK issue more than a dps issue, but in that context of course you do what needs to be done.

Just like we have so much incidental passive AoE that our warlocks don't even slap corruption on Stalkers (seeing how T20 2p is rppm just off 1 corruption so they aren't losing out on ST by not having Corruption on Stalkers) because that was how absurd our AoE was even before the nerf.

I thought the discussion was more about "how to spend resources, both GCD and shards, optimally to do meaningful damage" than "we needed to do this in our raid because of raid comp and individual performance issues" so my bad if it isn't
    Murlocs in Africa are typically because of poor consuming hunger management... As in, dropping your debuff in Egypt = murloc spawn far away from where they should be spawned to just be cleaved down...

But yeah, you're right. My point was that in a progress situation, spending shards on UA for a priority target swap is never a bad idea when the add needs to die (meaningful damage). When you have bufferfish and you just finished a cycle on Mistress - it's super simple to literally burn a waverunner down by yourself in just a second or two. We also run double Guardian and only 1 DK in the group so a grip wasn't always an option. Smart positioning solves the Africa/Egypt issue but during progress it does take people some time to adjust to the timings/movements...