10+ Year Old Account

Blizz Scrolling Combat Text

My scrolling combat text has decided to stop working, I use the normal blizz sct, as I like seeing damage appear above the targets head.

I've tried every fix I can find, but nothing works.

/console floatingCombatTextCombatDamage 1 doesn't do anything, besides turn on options in advanced interface addon.

From the line above, you can see I have the advanced interface addon.

I didn't update or install new addons, it just stopped working, a blizz update may have caused it however.

I've tried addons like Milk and xCT, but the damage doesn't appear aqbove the targets head, which is what I am after.

I tried an addon called something like damage above nameplates? That does not work though (I turned my nameplates off to see if that was the problem).

I'm using Decui, modified version of Evlui.

Anyone else had this issue?

edit: would like title changed from scrolling to floating
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2017-09-14 at 09:41 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stokbaek View Post
    I tried that last night and it didn't work, which makes me think there is an underlying issue somewhere.

MSBT and xCT both worked, but they don't appear above target.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    I tried that last night and it didn't work, which makes me think there is an underlying issue somewhere.

MSBT and xCT both worked, but they don't appear above target.
    It works for me, maybe its some cvar setting that has been set. Have you tried removing/backing "WTF" folder and then checking?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stokbaek View Post
    It works for me, maybe its some cvar setting that has been set. Have you tried removing/backing "WTF" folder and then checking?
    Not tried that yet, but might try that when I get home later.

Had a look at cvar and all settings appeared fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Not tried that yet, but might try that when I get home later.

Had a look at cvar and all settings appeared fine.
    You need player nameplates turned on for scroling name plates to work

Deleted
    Hey, got the same issue on my game.

The real tricky thing is that the scrolling combat text is visible in areas like my class hall or broken shore but cant be seen on mcaree or antorean wastes. Only thing changed was my monitor but i found it hard to believe that this is the fault.

The console command does work, but only in those areas where the combat text was never gone. Tried to reinstall, deleted WTF/Cache and even Interface folder, disabled all addons nothing works and im loosing my mind. I even got a twitch video but cant link it with the amount of my posts.

Sorry for my bad english but the official Support Forums dont give me an answer.

Have the same issue since early on and was never able to fix it. Now I'm bound to MSBT but don't like it that much.

Will give NSCT a try...

Deleted
    Hey Raakel, i got a solution that worked for me. Luckily i updated my Geforce-Experience on tuesday and got a system restore point. Altough i did quest after the update on mcaree and everything was fine i thought it was my last chance to get it working. So i resetted my system to tuesday's config and it worked. I dont know why, because i instantly upgraded the geforce-experience again and it worked afterwards just fine. Im using same addons and everything as yesterday but now i see my dmgtext on the mobs.