Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisxor View Post
    To be fair if you look at my original posting on the thread it was TheFuse who randomly called me and my guild out for no reason. Then another random attacked me for no reason either. So I'm just returning the favor by being as immature as they are.
    I see, the comments were a bit over the top but I do also understand that the lack of empathy is troublesome. While I disagree on the items being guaranteed I feel that the current system has too many flaws. I'm not saying a new character should be able to decked up in the best gear within 1 week after hitting max level but they shouldn't be punished too much for getting a little later into the game either? Can't you see that is also a bad business practice? (from an ethical perspective anyway) Considering how legendaries are the closest to new talents (Artifact too ofc) - its no wonder that people want to target them and it could burn them like I and several others have been.

I still stand by that "sense of character progression" is one of the key factors in reducing the frustration some people are feeling and it is also why I prefer the older iterations of "legendary" that were tied into a quest. The advantage was of course it being firmly structured and had some context in how you acquired it and why it was powerful, the disadvantage was the length and how spanned into months of farming depending on your RNG as well - but it was more or less a preset of x-amount of work required to complete. Legion is unpredictable in that sense and I'm not a fan of not being able to plan ahead in terms of progression.

Ideally if Blizzard should keep this system in the future I would have preferred an quest item drop instead of a specific gear that would lead you through a lengthy quest and reward you 1 out of a wider selection of legendaries, the drop could come as the same rate as now. The quest could even been categorized in utility, survival, dps etc. and this would satisfy the need for some lore context for the item and being psudo-targetable. This of course would require a lot more development work which is absurd to demand right? Why work hard when you can work smart and exploit the RNGness like in D3.
    Last edited by mmoc7d379d05b4; 2017-09-19 at 08:16 PM.

Legendaries become obsolete with the next expansion I don't see a reason why they couldn't increase the drop chance.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by fallenheaven View Post
    I see, the comments were a bit over the top but I do also understand that the lack of empathy is troublesome. While I disagree on the items being guaranteed I feel that the current system has too many flaws. I'm not saying a new character should be able to decked up in the best gear within 1 week after hitting max level but they shouldn't be punished too much for getting a little later into the game either? Can't you see that is also a bad business practice? (from an ethical perspective anyway) Considering how legendaries are the closest to new talents (Artifact too ofc) - its no wonder that people want to target them and it could burn them like I and several others have been.

I still stand by that "sense of character progression" is one of the key factors in reducing the frustration some people are feeling and it is also why I prefer the older iterations of "legendary" that were tied into a quest. The advantage was of course it being firmly structured and had some context in how you acquired it and why it was powerful, the disadvantage was the length and how spanned into months of farming depending on your RNG as well - but it was more or less a preset of x-amount of work required to complete. Legion is unpredictable in that sense and I'm not a fan of not being able to plan ahead in terms of progression.

Ideally if Blizzard should keep this system in the future I would have preferred an quest item drop instead of a specific gear that would lead you through a lengthy quest and reward you 1 out of a wider selection of legendaries, the drop could come as the same rate as now. The quest could even been categorized in utility, survival, dps etc. and this would satisfy the need for some lore context for the item and being psudo-targetable. This of course would require a lot more development work which is absurd to demand right? Why work hard when you can work smart and exploit the RNGness like in D3.
    Realistically they should have not even had legendaries. I agree my alts feel like crap without the correct ones. They should have been utility.

15+ Year Old Account
    Though I'm frustrated at the legendary system, I don't quite share the OP's sense of entitlement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Yes, the system is what it is, and I'd like to see it changed(because it can definitely get BETTER than the current system, even if it'll never be perfect). Just saying "this is the way it is, don't bother discussing it" is detrimental to the discussion. And no, it's the game's way of gating fun behind mindlessly running outdated content on every available difficulty that's flawed, which is a change from what the game was in previous expansions.

- - - Updated - - -

Unfortunately that won't happen, because as you said, they're too arrogant to admit mistakes(and always have been, fwiw)
    So, tell us, what is your solution... be specific. I'm very interested in how your game design experience will guide your answer.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    I get infracted for calling people morons when they can't provide a counter argument and are just trolling the thread and cherry picking responses.

Yet I've been abused 4 times in this thread(by blizz fanboys) so far and no one gets infracted. Bias at its finest.

- - - Updated - - -

So why do you constantly keep trolling this thread. Acting like you're defending what is a hilariously awful feature?

- - - Updated - - -

And why have you attacked me twice?
    I never once defended the feature. Where did I defend it? I don't like legendaries either pal; I would prefer if they weren't in the expansion

Quote Originally Posted by fallenheaven View Post
    I get infracted for swearing a bit to a jerk but this guy gets off with no penalty? What the hell is that? Zero contribution to the thread other than coming off as a buffoon you should ignore.

At least for my infraction I proved a point in clarifying how RNG in anecdotal cases differs to an extreme degree and the 1 legendary a week assumption simply are useless unless you want to compile a decent sized sample of how many activities you perform prior to getting that 1 legendary and whether is it the 1st/2nd or 3rd legendary. We barely have consensus on all the activities that contributes to BLP and the constant "1 week legendaries" are just infuriating and as I mentioned earlier, it just shits on new players/characters.

5 years you've been here and thats how you want to act?
    There's bigger things in the world to get angry over other than this forum, breathe
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    There's bigger things in the world to get angry over other than this forum, breathe
    hahahaha

You think that but the way these kids act, good god.

Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    Outdated content, addressed as well.
    I can backquote myself.

910 gear is hardly an upgrade for anyone. It's catchup gear. I'm sorry if you thought that veiled argunite gear was progression gear.
    Yes it is catch up gear. Titanforging still makes it relevant for progression, admittedly a super low chance of getting the thing you're after, but that chance is still there. When nethershards were a thing, the top guilds plowed all their shards for a shot at a high ilevel roll on an Unstable Arcanocrystal or Bloodthristy Instinct.

Arguably it's better now than it's ever been due to Titanforging, badge and emblem gear was always catch up gear.

My point still stands though, I can't see anything wrong with the use of curious coins to obtain a random legendary each week, especially as we're approaching the final tier of the expansion. Again a catch up mechanic mainly or offspec gearing.

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    You're a troll that spams every thread with 2 sentence cherry picked answers that never actually contribute to the discussion.

Who's the child again?
    You are

https://zarania.github.io/zarania/22...ry_Combos.html

When you decide to read that and admit that AotHG isn't anywhere near as good as you think it is, maybe then you'll stop being a colossal child.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Senea View Post
    Yes it is catch up gear. Titanforging still makes it relevant for progression, admittedly a super low chance of getting the thing you're after, but that chance is still there. When nethershards were a thing, the top guilds plowed all their shards for a shot at a high ilevel roll on an Unstable Arcanocrystal or Bloodthristy Instinct.

Arguably it's better now than it's ever been due to Titanforging, badge and emblem gear was always catch up gear.

My point still stands though, I can't see anything wrong with the use of curious coins to obtain a random legendary each week, especially as we're approaching the final tier of the expansion. Again a catch up mechanic mainly or offspec gearing.
    Well, it wasn't catch up until firelands. You got current tier from doing 5mans until they stopped that moving into dragon soul. TBH i think that's why a lot of people disliked that raid tier, the handouts didn't come the same way they did before.

And yes, I agree. Titanforging makes old content/catch up gear potentially relevant.
    Last edited by kary; 2017-09-21 at 04:59 PM.