Quick gearing question

As for ret goes. Everywhere I keep reading "oh higher ilvl is better than worrying about any secondary stats", I SIM each piece and my haste goes down with each sim. So now im sitting at 41% mastery 38% crit 7% vers and 19% haste. I feel that just having a higher ilvl doesn't give you better dps. Should I drop the mastery for haste even though I'm sacrificing ilvl?

7+ Year Old Account
    haste is primary stat for ret. stack as much as you can.
    ilvl doesnt mean much if you are losing out on dps for an item number
    “Listen, three eyes,” he said, “don’t you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.”

So it's pretty much safe to say that these "Sims" are untrustworthy

15+ Year Old Account
    raidbots.com allows you to run sims of your character as if using simcraft, but without the downloading of the program. It is just as customizable. This is the most reliable source.

However, as far as I know, our secondary stats are not drastically better or worse than each other. It depends on your gear. General statements can be made about haste being better than others, but it is a general statement. It might not be the case for you. thesilverhand.net and the hammer of wrath discord are good resources too.

But I can tell you, if you ask the question of whether a certain item is better than another, every single person will tell you to sim it, because everything else is just guessing.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

Quote Originally Posted by Jdazze00 View Post
    So it's pretty much safe to say that these "Sims" are untrustworthy
    No, for the love of god no. I can tell you right now if you put sims in quotes and say they're untrustworthy that you don't know how to sim, so blaming the tool when you have no idea how to utilize it is really, really bad. There are plenty of remedial guides out there for people to learn how to use simcraft, read a few.

ive been using the raidbots tool. simming for each piece of gear i get. Trusting the site and going with the 40% mastery and 19% haste would be my best bet then?

ive been using the raidbots tool. simming for each piece of gear i get. Trusting the site and going with the 40% mastery and 19% haste would be my best bet then?
    You want haste, crit = vers, mastery is still our lowest secondary stat.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anida View Post
    You want haste, crit = vers, mastery is still our lowest secondary stat.
    by all metrics I've seen, our secondary stats are all very close. haste is best, but its not some wide margin, and mastery is lowest, but also not by a large margin.
    ilvl is almost always going to be better when youre not talking about trinkets or tier set bonuses. tier bonuses can overcome for a significant gap in ilvl. and there are some trinkets that have signifacnt power, and are better than a higher ilvl trinket of lower power. for instance, the trinket where the more people have it the better it becomes, this wont fall directly along the lines of ilvl, but there is a nice chart on trinket weights on thesilverhand site.

also, the percentage of stats isn't really the greatest way of measuring your secondaries against each other. with barely any mastery, its likely to be significantly higher than your other stats, but the raw number might be lower. thats how my gear is too.

there are haste plateaus, the highest one being 31% i believe. but what it takes to get to 31, might not be worth it for you if youre sacrificing other stats. its only an extra gcd per judgement, iirc. at 19%, you might not be missing much. though, it might feel slower to you in your rotation, and I can understand how that might not be great, btu it doenst mean youre doing something wrong.

I would trust the sim. Look at some sim guides if youre having trouble understanding it. Maybe mess with the fight lengths, fight styles, increase your iterations. If youre not really getting much variation, then its liekly to be accurate. if youre getting some anomalies, then that might indicate something is askew.

edit: this was in response to the other guy, idk why I quoted you.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been sticking around 20-22% haste and throwing everything else that I can into crit or vers(favorably crit though) and it's working out okay so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    I find it unreasonable to ask for other than obvious reasons, when the reason obviously is the obvious reason.
    Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch.../dalaran/ryuji

Song that's currently stuck in my head: pretty much anything from Dance With the Dead

As for ret goes. Everywhere I keep reading "oh higher ilvl is better than worrying about any secondary stats"
    So you already found the answer and confirmed it from multiple sources.

I feel that just having a higher ilvl doesn't give you better dps.
    What makes you feel that?

Quote Originally Posted by konteil View Post
    haste is primary stat for ret. stack as much as you can.
    Haste is a secondary stat. Strength is the primary stat.
    I assume you meant to say that haste is our best secondary stat, in which case I have to ask: how did you figure that out?

Deleted
    It's quite weird the op claims to be using simulation to gear up and still not sure about his dps going higher with ilvl or secondaries ... I bet you get an estimated dps outpu tafter each sim so i guess the answer is there.
    If u dont trust simcraft then u are busted since its the only tool the community has to properly theoritize and create gearing scenarios.
    General experience and ingame testing says that you'd better run with more haste than what u have if u using cloak/rings combo or if u try ES. However if the ilvl difference is great then u cannot keep haste in favor of it (and this is the part where everyone says sim it cause we cannot know your talents, fight type, sockets leggos etc etc and tbh +10 ilvl upgrades on every gear piece is easily obtainable every now and then with the tf system). If u using other leggo combos/FV then experience has it that all secondaries are close together.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meiffert View Post
    So you already found the answer and confirmed it from multiple sources.

What makes you feel that?

Haste is a secondary stat. Strength is the primary stat.
    I assume you meant to say that haste is our best secondary stat, in which case I have to ask: how did you figure that out?
    youare correct as best secondary stat. and figured our via sims. more haste means more auto attacks with artifact procs and trinklet procs. the more haste you stack the more it affects hardline dps numbers.
    “Listen, three eyes,” he said, “don’t you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.”