Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodroki View Post
    Food for your thoughts, the french loc genders the classes.

Male priest is "Prêtre"
    Female priest is "Prêtresse"
    Same in German.

I once read about the English language, that the male term for a profession is merely the default one and can also be viewed as gender-neutral. Which is kinda hilarious if you think about all the gender-neutered English professionists.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsake View Post
    I saw someone else mention this and I realized that they were right.

For those that don't know, Priest is masculine, and Priestess is feminine. But for some reason in game, we only have the ability to create Priests, even when our character is female.

Does anyone else find this a little discriminatory? What if a female character wanted to be called a Priestess (like Tyrande is) rather than just a priest? It forces an unwanted male perspective when playing.

I also think there should be more gender neutral names when playing too. Many people use X to replace the feminine or masculine letters in a word, so a totally inclusive version of "Priests" could be "Priestx"

thoughts?
    Get lost.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Priest, Priestess.
    Warlock, Witches?
    Hunter, Huntress.

Thing is, not every word has two forms. Some words would just sound weird. Paladin, Paladiness? We Germans really butchered our language with this shit. There's female forms for everything. Only complicates the fucking thing. There you go, women ruin everything.

There could not be a more obvious troll. 9 pages of feeding, gg mmo champ.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    I think this PC crap has stopped to be funny a long time ago and anybody who seriously has an issue with that needs to have his head examined.
    First reply summarized exactly what I thought after reading that post. Good job.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    That's really weird. All other languages have 2 forms for that class.
    Dutch wouldn't either. "Priesteres" is not an official Dutch word. A female priest will still be called a "priester", unless you're referring to pagan religions.

You want a feminine variation, cool.
    But please, leave this "x" thing out of here.
    Core i7 7700k @ 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GA-H270M-Gaming 3 | Corsair Hydro Series H110 | Asus GeForce GTX 1070 Strix | Corsair TX650M | 2x8GB Kingston HyperX Fury @ 2400MHz | SSD Samsung 850 EVO 500GB + HDD Seagate Barracuda 4TB | Gabinete Corsair Air 540 | Razer Deathstalker - Razer Naga | Windows 10 Home 64

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    And it's not inclusive to other religions!

Think of all those Muslim Tauren Imam's who are forced to bare the Christian mantra of priest.

Oppression, oppression everywhere!

/s

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    Technically the female equivalent to a Warlock is a Witch.
    Mostly accurate. Witch and Warlock are generally just a female or male practitioner of magic in most contexts. Warcraft lore has specifically defined a Warlock as a magic practitioner (Mage) that has chosen to practice the darker side of magic and enters into a pact with a demon/ demons and uses fel magic.

With all the different magic related terms around: Witch, Wizard, Warlock, Sorcerer, Sorceress, Mage, etc... it's really dependent on the world in which the terms are used. Warcraft has essentially defined magic practitioners into three areas: Arcane, Fel and Light. And the arcane practitioners are called Mages, the Fel practitioners are called Warlocks and the Light practitioners are called Priests.

I don't care that much about it, and I'm not trying to prove you or anyone else wrong, just saying what is based in WoW lore as I'm a lore junkie.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure if I'm more impressed with the original troll, or depressed by the fact that people fell for it. It's kind of astonishing, especially because the troll even carefully put things backwards (the "PC/SJW" position is to have the same name for both/all genders of a class - the conservative position is to have different names for each gender), yet people decried it as SJW rofl.

Goes to show how easy it is to troll people, I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man this thread sure is edgy, from someone wanting to gas SJWs (seriously nothing yells "I'm an edgy kid" louder than "I want this change... but not because i'm a sjw oh no in fact im so NOT ONE I WANT THE KILLED!!!!") to complaining about this non-issue (didn't want to say this first but reading further I'm going to say it: this definitely reads troll)....

I always thought it was an intentional thing, because term "Priestess" is definitely used in-game, mostly to refer Priestessesesesesesesesesesses' of the Moon, a night elf specific thing. Same with "Huntress" I think, while there might be individual characters using either of those as part of their title, as overall labels in-universe they seem to be mostly used for night elf things.

Of course since people have brought up other language localizations have gendered terms this might not be intentional thing at all... but man I always wanted to think it was so then again this game is probably made in and for English first and other languages second so I'm not sure how much weight localizations have in that sense.

Whatever, though, I definitely thing gender neutral titles and class names are better, unless referring to some specific thing, like in the night elf case. There are people who use terms like "orcess" or "gobliness" or something and BOY do I hate that

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Is this a serious post?

- - - Updated - - -

Most people are idiots. lol
    I'm a crazy taco.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    I think this PC crap has stopped to be funny a long time ago and anybody who seriously has an issue with that needs to have his head examined.
    This, this.... and more of this.