15+ Year Old Account

A few Spriest questions for an alt

So being tired of my main (934 Prot pally) I'm fooling around on an spriest alt. he's 911 right now (illuminati confirmed) and I'm doing around 900k sustained and 1.5M burst/opener. I'm having fun, but I have some questions. Here is armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...ger/shadowlips

-I plan on doing nothing but mythic+ on this guy, so is misery or power infusion the better choice?

-I'm sitting at 21% crit, 35% haste, 37% mastery, and 6% vers. How balanced is this, and what should I work on?

-Trinkets. I'm currently using a 915 int/haste stat stick *killer IMO* but my other trinket is shit imo, an LFR tome of unraveling sanity, and I really think it's shit, I'd prefer a good proc or something. Idk, but I feel the dot is weak. What are good choices from Mythic+ or raids? I can do some raids if I want, I just choose not to on this alt.

-Leggos. I have only gotten one so far, Zeks back. It seems fair enough; free 100% increased SW, so that's good yeah? What other should I pray to get to compliment?

Thanks in advance

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

I posted this here a few days ago, its still on the first page though:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...3-PvP-and-PvE)

I suggest you check out the howtopriest website for information like this. It's very informative and trustworthy. You will get the answer to all the questions you have asked here.

Very quickly,
    Power Infusion is not a good talent atm. It's either Misery (which i personally always use in m+) and Mindbender (for raids and higher tyrannical keys).
    The tome trinket is not good because of the dot, but rather the crit buff you get when the dot expires or the target dies. Try to use it on a low health target to get more uptime of the dot.

For now you should just do content and hope for legendaries, but a quick rundown of the best ones would be:
    1) Chest + sephuz for trash and belt+sephuz for bosses |this is for misery
    2) Sephuz+twins for trash and belt+sephuz for bosses |this is for mindbender

If you'd like to just run with 1 set and not change it up and you ONLY want to do m+, I'd suggest chest+sephuz and misery, but the best thing would be to swap in the belt for bosses.

15+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for that info

10+ Year Old Account
    Buy trinkets for veiled argonite and do withered j'im and hope you get arcanocrystal. It's better than everything.
    "I like big pulls and i cannot lie, you other brothers cant deny, when a mob walks in, or maybe 10, all lined up for a spell, you press 2!"..

10+ Year Old Account
    howtopriest.com is a wonderful source of everything you need to know as shadow priest

15+ Year Old Account
    Some questions. I recently got quite a few better optimized pieces and instead of dps increasing I've flatlined and my st dps is stuck at about a million slowly going down after about a 1.5m burst opener. But I would think that better optimized pieces would mean at least a small gain?

spriest isnt a burst class, you be far behind at the start then slowly overtake everybody as your voidform does work

the desolate host trinket is your best because it does shadow damage (buffed by voidform/shadowform)

use mindbender, time it to extend your voidform as long as possible, dont just hit it on cd, the relic that adds MB duration (only drop i know of is KJ) is worth 8ish ilvls last i heard

opening/hero should be around 60 stacks, and each subsequent 50-55 (in a perfect world) so you MB and torrent come out and about the same time

Deleted
    1.5m opener?

I have 945eq and my opener is maybe 600k.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jobbly View Post
    1.5m opener?

I have 945eq and my opener is maybe 600k.
    Yeah i got quite high starter dmg with a 925 terror from the Below and it can crit around 2.5-3 million at start of the fight and with the doting and the starting of cast on ST i never go as high as 1.5 million.
    Maybe for a a split second but its more like you say starting on 500-700k and making it up to 1 million+
    and in Mythic + with chest + sehp on void erruption i can go quite high with misery on 3-4+ targets if i crit alot.

But 1.5 starter with less than 930 ish gear is something unheard of for me at least :/

PS. im 933 btw with 69 traits and semi good traits got around 1.470k in sims ST but i've never seen that number on a ST fight ever :P

Quote Originally Posted by Zerloc View Post
    PS. im 933 btw with 69 traits and semi good traits got around 1.470k in sims ST but i've never seen that number on a ST fight ever :P
    There is no way you should do 1,47m ST in 933. Where did you sim that?

15+ Year Old Account
    When I refer to an opener as shadow I'm referring to up until I've used void form, popped mindbender, and used torrent. Why would the opener be anything other than that lol?

And 1.5m with hero during that time to reach 1.5m is really not a lot imo?

Deleted
    An 'opener' can't really be called that when it takes 70 seconds to complete though.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    -I plan on doing nothing but mythic+ on this guy, so is misery or power infusion the better choice?
    Misery seems popular.. although I could be wrong on this. Just know that the *burst* you gain on trash packs you lose in boss fights. Mindbender seems so good, but... who am I? There are very few tanks that know how to chain pull fast enough for spriests to maintain VF and LI stacks in a pugged M+ environment, so misery might be better overall.

Prepare to be extremely disappointed in your opportunities if you are pugging M+. I could write a book of how many times I've been passed up, even with above-average gear ilvl. Of course, if you have friends/guildies to run with then completely disregard this statement.

Do you have a warrior... cause they're pretty much the cats ass for DPS in M+ now (which will change). Also, Affliction warlocks do everything we do only better and with better survivability.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jobbly View Post
    An 'opener' can't really be called that when it takes 70 seconds to complete though.
    I agree it sounds silly, but it's not my fault that shadows build is literally 3 buttons (if you take misery) so it's hard to count as an opener to me until I've popped all my cds
    Last edited by Master Guns; 2017-10-04 at 06:53 PM.