So where are the Alliance and the Horde at the moment?

When the Burning Legion started their invasion, the Alliance and the Horde were some of the first responders, leading to the disaster at Broken Shore.

Afterwards, some of the leaders appeared throughout the Broken Isles where it fit. Genn and Sylvanas had their thing in Stormheim, Tyrande and Malfurion in Val'sharah, Anduin showed up later together with Genn at Broken Shore to visit the spot where his father died.

However, we're now at probably the most important battle in this war, the invasion of Argus. And the leaders of the Alliance and the Horde are nowhere to be seen. Velen is there, sure, but more as a delegate to the Army of the Light than a leader of the Alliance.

So what are they all doing at the moment? What's Sylvanas doing? What's Genn doing? What's Anduin doing? If I recall there's also a trio of dwarves somewhere we haven't heard about in forever. Baine has pretty much gotten zero love for ages. Same with Lor'themar.

I mean I know I shouldn't expect much since Blizzard has always been terrible at equally dividing the spotlight between faction leaders, but still.

Deleted
    They're fighting tentacles on Azeroth.

Deleted
    Well, Lady Liadrin is in the basement of the ship, near the Crucible, together with Silgryn from Suramar. Everything else is crawling with Alliance NPCs. :/

They are broken and weakened, and they are busy fighting the Legion invasion in the other continents, while Dalaran and the Class Orders are the spearhead in the Broken Isles.

Do not forget: while the game shows it poorly, the invasions on the rest of the world never stopped. And now, with the huge portal to Argus, they are probably even stronger. Unfortunately, the game fails to show that.

In essence, Alliance and Horde are the armies fighting the Legion armies. We, the Kirin Tor and the class orders are the elite force fighting in the Broken Isles.

I think Blizzard is reserving faction stuff for after Legion. The Sylvanas vs. Genn, Sylvanas as Warchief, Vol'jin sucessor, Anduin as King, missing Jaina and other faction storylines are just introductions for next expansion stories. Right now, the focus is on united Azeroth vs. the demons.

(But yeah, there's a lack of Horde NPCs in Legion)

Well me and a friend came up with a interesting Thought. In one of the Hunter artifact quests, its stated that time works differently, In the twisting nether/Argus. What happens if after the invasion of Argus we return home to find many years have passed and in that time Genn reignited the Alliance v Horde war due to his hatred for slyvanas. This would also give rise to some fractions in the Alliance as they have been pretty rock solid since Cata, and need alittle Drama

Quote Originally Posted by Romanthony View Post
    Well me and a friend came up with a interesting Thought. In one of the Hunter artifact quests, its stated that time works differently, In the twisting nether/Argus. What happens if after the invasion of Argus we return home to find many years have passed and in that time Genn reignited the Alliance v Horde war due to his hatred for slyvanas. This would also give rise to some fractions in the Alliance as they have been pretty rock solid since Cata, and need alittle Drama
    No. It's the opposite. Time is slower in the Twisting Nether. We could spend months in Argus, to return and find out that only a few days passed in real time.