Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by HordeFanboy View Post
    The best expansion in post wotlk era
    Certainly, MoP was the bomb, however, Pandaria was the transition from old school to now. It introduced rares that didn't give high experience points but are what are now called "rare elites." But, otherwise, MoP was the best xpac after WotLK.
    World of Warcraft (Retail): Frostmourne - Alliance
    World of Warcraft (Classic): Remulos - Alliance

10+ Year Old Account
    Pandaria is certainly one of the best aesthetic wise, and I have no particular affinity for asian theme

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    It was the expansion where I finally bitchslapped Garrosh to death. A great time to be alive indeed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Quote Originally Posted by lyphe View Post
    It's funny ...

MoP was very well done expansion, but after doing some timewalking dungeons this weekend I realized just how out of place it was and how over-the-line they went in terms of it being too goofy for the Warcraft universe. WoW humor elements work well when they are small servings in an otherwise serious and badass setting. MoP with it's pandas, and giant vegetables, weird jokes everywhere, etc., was definitely out of character. Night and day difference with the Legion feeling.

I had fun with MoP and I love Legion - but I'm definitely happy to be back to badass instead of goofy.
    And yet there have been talking native american cows from moo moo Mesa smoking peace pipes and talking up the earth mother since vanilla but supposedly the kung fu panda was going too far?
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    Any expansion following cataclysm would seem good.
    Warlord

of

Draenor

10+ Year Old Account
    BellularGaming released a lovely video on the history of the development of MoP that some might find interesting (part 2 isnt out yet, will most likely post that here when it does)
    Last edited by Orby; 2017-10-06 at 03:31 AM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

I left during that crap exp and came back for WOD... and then left again until Legion. Legion has been solid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lyphe View Post
    The difference is that the cows did not get introduced via their own standalone expansion ... named Cowdaren from the land of Cowdaria ... etc. As well, Tauren were not goofy in the same way as Pandaren when the Tauren initially launched. They were a big, strong, and serious-in-their-own-way race. They also weren't surrounded by additional levels of goofiness such as giant rabbit critters, bad pandaren jokes, and all the other elements put into dungeons such as the Ook my dook boss ... 2nd boss of the mantid dungeon ... and so on.

Any of those elements on their own or in smaller quantities would normally be aok and a nice break from the seriousness of the rest of the game - and WoW has already added splashes of humor. But in MoP, they just went balls to the wall way too far, such that it literally dominated the entire feel of the expac. No kidding, when MoP launched - I was convinced that Blizz was planning to wind down the franchise as we knew it to re-position it for the 5-10 year old market. I'm glad I was wrong.
    Even in the first zone you could tell it wasn't going to go that way.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi