Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    I do want people to leave that want the game to be even less social then it already has become. The 2004 MMORPG gamers would laugh at todays MMORPG gamers when it comes to doing things togheter as a team.
    Ugh. I just had a horrible flashback to my first mmo. The entire thing was centered around having to group with people. Exp rates were atrocious, but you got a 5% bonus for each person in your group in the zone. Some moves could only be performed if you had a group. For instance a priest move gave your group holy armor, reducing damage taken from demon, undead, and shadow type monsters. But the casting priest had to have 2 other priests standing next to him to cast it, or the move wouldn't work. One class, the soul-linker, had 0 ability whatsoever to fight for itself. Every move it had was a 'link' spell, one for each class in the game, that gave the other players an often completely brokenly overpowered buff, like perma bloodlust haste.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just ment with this statement, the amount of things you have to do togheter is so much less then it has ever been. WoW/ other MMORPG's are more and more designed for you to do things by yourself so you won't feel left out on anything. It's an okay thing to do i agree. But it ruines alot of things and it is hard to go back to the old ways when people are already used to it.
    I don't really agree though. I think "do it by yourself" peaked in Cataclysm. They finally took out all the world elites, world bosses, and so on in the old world, very few, if any, of the non-dungeon quests really required more than one player (unlike WotLK), the daily grinds were pretty much all carefully designed to be done solo and not really benefit from being grouped, and the only group activities were random heroics or raids, pretty much.

Legion is a far cry from that. Unless you have mega-gear, it's not much fun to be solo on Argus. Earlier in the expansion it was the same for parts of the world (Suramar, for example) and the for Legion Island (or whatever it's called). It definitely helps to group up, or at least work with others. I've been invited to groups dozens of times this expansion, out in the world. I don't think I was once in Cata. Three dungeon difficulties including the near-infinite M+ mean more potential for grouping there, and whilst raiding is a more complex issue, it's certainly well-supported mechanically (the community being more of a problem - even Normal or outdated HC pug raids often being hilariously elitist and there being few raiding guilds which aren't "MYTHIC OR BUST!").

If anything, we're much closer to the WoW of Vanilla/TBC in Legion, at least on Argus etc., than we were in any previous expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Before the fanbois start running in and say the Sharding feature is not broken and working as intended. Please leave because you are blind.
    Then maybe you shouldn't play MMORPG's. Even if you don't mind a few players, you should expect loads in a MMORPG game.
    I do want people to leave that want the game to be even less social then it already has become.
    Starting threads off like this rarely leads to constructive discussion. Nor do the other comments quoted encourage discussion.

Don't bait site users. Closing.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."