Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Exotath View Post
    I care about mounts.
    Would you please be so kind and open a thread talking about why exactly you care about mounts ? I'd really like to know !

Quote Originally Posted by Phumbles View Post
    Do I need to get you a tissue?
    And yea, they are probably the numerical majority. In the same way that the numerical majority wasn't even max level in BC.
    What about his post implied in any way that he was "crying" for calling you out on your dumb, pointless, attention whoring thread? You're the one that needs a tissue, as you ask others if they do.

Stupid, lame thread only here for attention. I am lesser for having replied to it.

Cool.

/10char

Some people also hate themselves. Weird, shouldn't be, but it happens. This is similar. Who cares?

Mounts are awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    The mount hunting game is real unfortunately right now there's so much I need to maintain on my main and so few available hours of play that I can barely fit in my 10 weekly ICC clears :/
    Jesus, 10 runs?
    I can barely get myself to do 3.

That said, I've been running it pretty much non-stop since late-cata when 25hc became soloable by the lay-folk

10+ Year Old Account
    Because Blizzard seems to think I care.
    Weirdly enough blizzard doesn't publish their games with 'For Phumbles' Signed at the bottom of it. It's like they have millions upon millions of players to please.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Am I the only one? I feel like mount collecting was never really a thing until ~late Wrath to Cata. I'm sure it happened but it was never really an established activity. If a mount does the exact same thing as every other mount and is simply nothing but a skin, then I won't see it as motivation to do w/e content it's locked behind. The only reason I bring this up is because mount/transmog/toy collecting has weaseled its way in, disguise as actual content and meaningful rewards. I'm not saying don't enjoy that stuff if you do, but this CS:GO skin collecting fad has seeped into other games and I really don't like how much focus is given to it.
    Look at the Blizzcon package. All they had to do was throw the mounts in and they instantly get thousands more of sales. So it's not that I have a problem with the idea, it's how much they lean on it. Idc about 80% of the stuff on reputation vendors nowadays.

A related note, I've had ideas about how to fix this. My main idea is basically to have mount racials. Small racial bonuses each mount has when you ride it. Maybe large mounts like Kodo can walk over small obstructions more easily. Ground mounts with wings have 30% reduced falling speed or something. Panther mounts are quicker. The fox mount can jump higher. You get the idea. Something to give me a quantitative benefit to work towards. I can honestly say I would farm the crap out of some mounts if it meant adding to my utility belt. Right now it's just adding to my wardrobe.
    To be honest, I don't believe mounts should have extra abilities other than what we have access to.

As well, if you don't like mounts, then there's other things to focus on.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    Jesus, 10 runs?

That said, I've been running it pretty much non-stop since late-cata when 25hc became soloable by the lay-folk
    I honest to god feel like I'm going to be an old man before I get that mount

Pretty sure mount collecting has been a thing since the launch of WoW. It wasn't possible to have nearly as many back in the day but people still went to extreme lengths to get certain mounts. I remember back before I even started playing reading in a gaming magazine and seeing a story about a gnome that had grinded out reputation with Darnassus so she could buy a nightsaber as a gnome, which was a HUGE grind back then.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    Jesus, 10 runs?

Try leveling a new alt and then running. I had tried for years to get that mount... I had just leveled a shaman that I hadn't played for a long time and upon reaching 110 one of the first things I did was run ICC for whatever reason. Lo and behold Invincible drops on his first clear of the place.

I don't care about pets. And I collect them all, I am that guy. So Blizzard thinks I care.^^

To respond to your opinion more precisely, I am all about sticking to one, perfect mount. However I like collecting mounts for the achiev. And I still didn't found the perfect mount...

Blizzard really doesn't care what the individual thinks, they care about what is going to make them money. Don't expect then to cater to you.