Thread: Hunter in PVP

10+ Year Old Account

Thumbs down Hunter in PVP

So is it just me or is hunter pretty shit in pvp atm, have done some 2s with my friend and i have to say it's close to impossible to get away from melee's these days, most of them have 2 charge's or some movement buff that makes them immune to slows (i can't disspell that one anymore ) ...

I havent done some seriouse pvp since cata, tried in mop and did some bg's in wod, but i never felt that i ran out of spells to get away from melee's back then, i could always kite depending on my skill vs the enemy, but now ? i can slow, then i get charged on and slowed gg.

but then again i play MM, i dont know if the spec itself is shit atm, just so hopeless being unable to get away from melees .

btw, heres an old gem, this is what i remember of hunters

The days of kiting are gone.
    mongoloid melee reign supreme, its why i've not pvped much this expansion. hunter was the kite lord, and now its gone

10+ Year Old Account
    this is why i don't play this expansion making SV melee and removing killshot from MM and also not able to cast while moving made me very sad friends told me to reroll but i just cant play other class i just miss old hunter

I don't feel the issue at all with my MM Hunter - In fact it's one of the most enjoyable specs for PVP for me.

Here's a list of what you have...

Binding Shot (Talent)
    Bursting Shot
    Concussive Shot
    Tar Trap
    Freezing Trap
    Disengage
    Posthase (Talent)
    Scorpid Sting (PVP Talent)
    T.N.T. (PVP Talent)
    Roar of Sacrifice (Cunning Pet)

If that's still not enough I'm sorry to say (and never said that before to anyone) it is a L2P issue.

Some combos can lock you down pretty hard but it's not that you are completly helpless.

In what part was "the old hunter" a lot better than now?

10+ Year Old Account
    Do arenas as BM and BGs as BM or MM
    Survival was good for arenas a few patches ago, not sure now..

10+ Year Old Account
    If you are going for rating: BM is ded in pvp, Survival is only good in 2s and Thug Cleave in 3s, MM rocks in RBGs and 3s but is pretty awful in 2s.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raakel View Post
    I don't feel the issue at all with my MM Hunter - In fact it's one of the most enjoyable specs for PVP for me.

Here's a list of what you have...

Binding Shot (Talent)
    Bursting Shot
    Concussive Shot
    Tar Trap
    Freezing Trap
    Disengage
    Posthase (Talent)
    Scorpid Sting (PVP Talent)
    T.N.T. (PVP Talent)
    Roar of Sacrifice (Cunning Pet)

If that's still not enough I'm sorry to say (and never said that before to anyone) it is a L2P issue.

Some combos can lock you down pretty hard but it's not that you are completly helpless.

In what part was "the old hunter" a lot better than now?

Killing shot, casting while moving ,aspect of cheetah,old Beastial wrath
    Last edited by Steliios; 2017-10-09 at 12:44 PM.

Deleted
    So, basically hunters are not very good in arena?
    Perhaps they are much more profitable in BGs?

Quote Originally Posted by Steliios View Post
    That Cheetah that dazed you?

MKII Gyroscopic Stabilizer, Lock & Load, Feet of Wind, etc

Actually you only cast Aimed Shot, everything else is instant and if you will Piercing Shot is the replacement for Kill Shot...

Depends on what you are doing. Dumb arena shit, SV is pretty decent (I can smash on mine 1v1/1v2). Big battles, my MM is hot shit. I haven't played my BM... so stuff and thangs.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

10+ Year Old Account
    feels a bit terrible to "necro" but yeah, i wont say im a kite lord, but there has to be a limit to how hard it is to get away, just by having a master's call would have done wonders tbh...

BM is pretty bad all around. SV is decent in 2v2. MM is really good in bgs and decent in 3v3.

Cata and MoP hunter was the real shit, nothing can equal the experience I had in arena and BG during those time + the bunch of glads I got.
    Removing readiness started the funeral, WoD survival nailed the coffin for skill in PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Steliios View Post
    Even as a Hunter, KS was blatantly overpowered. An instant Execute with a 40+ yard range, that reset if it didn't kill the target. Was it good? Sure, but I'd rather not have it in the game in such a state. Basically a guaranteed kill if you got someone into Execute range with zero way of escaping it.

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    Even as a Hunter, KS was blatantly overpowered. An instant Execute with a 40+ yard range, that reset if it didn't kill the target. Was it good? Sure, but I'd rather not have it in the game in such a state. Basically a guaranteed kill if you got someone into Execute range with zero way of escaping it.

Sounds like the warrior version.
    and the spriest version.
    and the ret version.
    etc... etc... executes are executes, not teehee i tickle you

Quote Originally Posted by reimmi2016 View Post
    Sounds like the warrior version.
    and the spriest version.
    and the ret version.
    etc... etc... executes are executes, not teehee i tickle you
    Yeah, difference is neither of them were both ranged AND hit as hard as KS did. In fact, I'm pretty sure at the peak of KS, it hit far harder than Execute did, on top of the 40+y range (closer to 50 from what I recall at the time) with no resource requirement. Ret HoW was meh and was used on CD during wings so could never hit as hard either.

Personally I'd rather not have a button that is only useable for a tiny % of the fight anyway, especially one as OP as KS was. They need to work on fixing the current abilities/"rotations" before they bother with that.

You can't just pick a spell and eliminate the whole toolkit we had. Chimera shot had a long CD as opposed to warriors who were capable to do sustain damage and more execute overall. The point of kill shot was to be able to calculate when our CC rotation was able to put the target in kill shot window and use it.¨

But back then was a whole different game /rant
    Last edited by Trapstarz; 2017-10-18 at 05:16 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    you are not hunter pissoff