Poll: Do you think, that no flying on Argus brakes previous promise, given back in WOD?

Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ...
    The entire reason behind Pathfinder and no flying is to inflate the 'time spent' metric that Blizzard have decided to use to impress investors with. That's why you can't just buy it with gold - it's too quick. That said, no-flying endgame zones aren't a new thing.

TBH if you believe in the word "promisse" coming from blizzard at this point, you deserve some kind of frustration

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    You're presupposing that they're intentionally misleading you and interpret every action based on that presumption.

Yes, they didn't say anything about whether Argus would have flight. They also never told us about Argus being part of Legion at all until it hit the PTR. It never had anything to do with flight, but with them wanting to keep this part at least a little surprising.

People constantly trying to turn the words in their mouth around and try to make it out to be a personal attack on the players is why most devs are so tightlipped. You only have yourself to blame for it.

You missed the important part. Criticism != endless complaining about things you were never told you'd get in the first place. What you're doing isn't a well reasoned critique of the devs decisions, it's bawling and trying to twist their words because they didn't do what you wanted them to.

Mind you, "Wow, this is the best game ever!" is also a critique. Criticism doesn't mean exclusively talking about what's bad, but to be critical when doing your analysis.
    I'm not presupposing. It's just another event in a series that showcase the deliberate deception the devs have shown against their players concerning their decisions about gameplay.

Again. Having secret events, mounts etc to be discovered is awsome. Having a secret 4-legendary cap, when so much power of gameplay is residing on them is devious. The notion that players don't have to know about this stuff is digusting because it skews ANY informed decision i may make to continue playing or not. Having to discover that shit after 3-4 months of play, where i already paid for 3 xpac boxes and subs for those accounts makes me feel treated like an idiot. Hence, /spit@blizzard.
    /spit@Blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    I'm not presupposing. It's just another event in a series that showcase the deliberate deception the devs have shown against their players concerning their decisions about gameplay.
    Yes, you're presupposing. Among other things that all these things are deliberate and meant to deceive, rather than just poor decisions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    This entire argument is about developer credibility.
    In fact, it's not. It's about whether or not Blizzard developers broke a promise to provide the ability to fly in Argus. Op provides quotes from a watercooler blog post from two-and-a-half years ago that talks about "general blueprints". There was never a specific promise to make flight available on all ground content from that day forward.

So we end up with supposition and desires converted into specific "developer promises" that were never specifically made about all content released in the future. I would submit that this is a very thin reed to hang several hundred posts about developer credibility.
    The fact that someone can even say that it's irrelevant with a straight face is astounding to me.
    Why? I judge a game on what's actually there. I don't pay all that much attention to what they say on any specific occasion. Just enough that I can call out people who are obviously lying about things. But the end result--the game itself--is what you either buy or don't buy. Developer statements, excuses, apologies, mea culpas, whatever--don't matter as much as whether or not I'm enjoying the game as presented. Most non-forum types don't know the first thing about developer watercoolers, blue posts, developers on Twitter or anything of the sort. They sign up out of habit or whatever and they stay or leave based on what the game actually provides them. They could not care even a bit about Ion saying something two years ago about this.
    I think a lot of the argument comes down to the simple fact that some people aren't able to separate their enjoyment and like of a game from critical observations about that same game. For example: I LIKE WoW as a game in a general sense. But that doesn't stop me from pointing out the obvious flaws in the way that it's presented to the players, or the ways in which content development is being heavily influenced by the business aspects.
    There's absolutely nothing wrong with that. Where it becomes sketchy is when people say that "promises were made" when they weren't and then start making judgments based on that.
    If players keep blindly accepting whatever garbage developers and publishers drop on them, then games will continue to slowly get worse and worse. Players who are so entrenched in the fandom that they can't even be in the presence of disagreeing opinions without telling people to STFU and quit are only making things worse.
    Absolutely. Players that think the game is garbage should not play or subscribe to it. They should, however, base that judgment on what is in the game. Your statement about blindly accepting whatever garbage comes along goes equally well for just about any commercial product. There's no reason to restrict it to games. Books, movies, cleaning products, it's all the same really. You make the best judgment you can. You might do a little research to see what people are saying about it and you primarily make your decision on that. Whatever hype an artist, writer, musician or some PR firm in charge of getting your attention says should matter less than once your attention is on a product you be smart about what you buy. Same goes for WoW.

At the end of the day though--circling back around to the topic--anyone that believes that that watercooler from 2015 was a specific promise to provide flying in all future content didn't read it right. "General blueprints" are not the same thing as hard and fast rules and promises about how content will be developed going forward. I think that most people get that.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2017-10-21 at 08:54 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Yes, you're presupposing. Among other things that all these things are deliberate and meant to deceive, rather than just poor decisions.
    No, you're just interpreting what they did as poor decisions. Funny thing is... you support those poor decisions instead of being raged. Maybe they are minor things for you, game wise. It's big for me. As i said, NOT being clear about the direction of the game influences my decision to play it. I don't want to have to play and pay for months to finally see they are shitting on me and other players.
    /spit@Blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    No, you're just interpreting what they did as poor decisions.
    You made a statement about what you think their actions are, not me.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Read your last 2 words.
    /spit@Blizzard