Deleted

Afflic (Need Help)

Hi, I need some help. This lock is an alt and i've played more destro this expac, but I'm wanting to get into afflic. Only problem is I just cant get the numbers for me to enjoy playing it and its not a rotation problem as even my sim is abit low for my liking/ilvl (740k which I could pull on arms and destro at 900ilvl)

I know I don't have the best legos/gear but simcraft is telling me haste over everything whereas everywhere I have read says mastery. Any tips would be helpful, don't have any logs cause i'd be to embarrassed to play it in a raid enviroment.

Any tips would be appreciated, as I really want to make afflic work, &I know I saw afflic doing better dps in Nighthold than I can do now im more gear.
    (ps dont laugh at ma name, im a lore nerd and made this before wod ;D)

Guldån- Wildhammer

cant post link cause I made an account just to post this lol (THATS HOW MUCH ITS TROUBLING ME)

10+ Year Old Account
    Looked at your armory and you need to socket and enchant your gear first of all. After that you don't have any aff legendaries, no tier and no Gul'dan trinket. Stats wise haste and mastery are very competitive, just avoid versatility unless it's tier or the item is weighted more to haste or mastery.
    This website has a ton of information on warlocks, all 3 specs

Quote Originally Posted by Orathion View Post
    Hi, I need some help. This lock is an alt and i've played more destro this expac, but I'm wanting to get into afflic. Only problem is I just cant get the numbers for me to enjoy playing it and its not a rotation problem as even my sim is abit low for my liking/ilvl (740k which I could pull on arms and destro at 900ilvl)

I know I don't have the best legos/gear but simcraft is telling me haste over everything whereas everywhere I have read says mastery. Any tips would be helpful, don't have any logs cause i'd be to embarrassed to play it in a raid enviroment.

Any tips would be appreciated, as I really want to make afflic work, &I know I saw afflic doing better dps in Nighthold than I can do now im more gear.
    (ps dont laugh at ma name, im a lore nerd and made this before wod ;D)

Guldån- Wildhammer

cant post link cause I made an account just to post this lol (THATS HOW MUCH ITS TROUBLING ME)
    In addition to what the above poster has already said your weapon is very low. Do you even have 3 relics in there and the extra 5 item levels for each one? What's your arty level at?

You're simming very low indeed and it is strange that you would still be favouring Haste with your current stats however full on Mastery is not the way to go either so yes use the linked site.

With only 20 more item levels I sim for 1.4M. Assuming you used the Simulationcraft program I would also run your toon through Raidbots.com just in case your version is out of date or perhaps corrupted. Use the Simulationcraft addon though as well to get a proper result from the Crucible.

Do you have any other general legendaries?

Deleted
    You have read that mastery is the best stat for affi becasues it gives us pure dps in general, but at some point other stats become more valuable to you than mastery. Simcraft told you haste is the best at the moment simply because you have lack of it. With more haste instead of mastery you can get more shards and souls, which overall will give you much more than another 1-2% overall dmg from mastery. And all what ppl above me said - gem, enchant, get better relics.

Deleted
    TY all for the tips, guess ill just try and grind argus out abit and stay on affi loot for raids and hopefully it should get better as as you have pointed my relics and arti lvl are quite poor. Stuck between afflic or ele as my caster alt

- - - Updated - - -

One last thing, in the opener, should I wait for agony 10 stacks before i do my UA/reap or just straight away? Heard conflicting things

One last thing, in the opener, should I wait for agony 10 stacks before i do my UA/reap or just straight away? Heard conflicting things
    TBH, with the changes they made a while back to our soul shard and tormented souls generation when fights start, you can probably just go right into your cycle before Agony gets to 10 stacks. If you are going to delay it though, make sure you are not letting your shards sit at 4 (and absolutely not sit at 5) while you wait for Agony to ramp up. Really though, the only time I personally ever delay is if I've got shit shard generation off the bat, and I'm running SH and want to wait for Agony to hit full power before I start unloading on the boss.

Your character name though.

Deleted
    You should be using reap just before UA is fading. Not only opener, but overall. We dont use reap to get 10% more dps, we use it to get that sweet 2x trait procs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Murciel View Post
    You should be using reap just before UA is fading. Not only opener, but overall. We dont use reap to get 10% more dps, we use it to get that sweet 2x trait procs.
    Er, you should be doing UA *2, reap then drain. Reap and drain should overlap as much as possible, and you want to drain for all of your UA ticks.
    Last edited by Sar-; 2017-10-25 at 07:40 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sar of Gnomeregan View Post
    Er, you should be doing UA *2, reap then drain. Reap and drain should overlap as much as possible, and you want to drain for all of your UA ticks.
    Um, its important if you're going with malefic grasp. But overall you should keep using reap mostly to get that more % of refreshing UA. It's free dmg.