Poll: Thalyssra or Alleria - who do you want?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    I don't really care about any of them. I'm sick of following humans and elves around. I feel like I was employed by the great Horde company, working in-house to make us stronger, but after a few failed projects and a terrible CEO, we changed our business to Horde Consultants, and now they hire me out to the alliance to help them fight the Legion indefinitely, while I never hear or see my real leaders. It's almost a little lonely. I hope they bring back Thrall, promote a good troll faction leader and give Baine some time in the sun at last.
    and that's why i don't want nightborne on the horde. I think blood elves is all you need, any more will just erase its identity furhter.

and not only do i think nightborne are un-necessary to the horde because of blood elves, i agree with the people who are pointing out they'd be deterimental to both blood elves and night elven lore if they sling over to the blood elves.

If bllizzard take them over to the horde, and expand them there, they'd gobble up blood elf lore by literally taking their place, as the two are similar, they'd be sharing the same spotlight - i don't want that.
    If Suramar goes to the horde too, we'll never see Silvermoon redone - they'd simply say - you got Suramar, it's enough and leave us to shits. I know that no one will want Suramar when blizzard fix up Silvermoon, it would be amazing so people should just stop coveting night elf shit and think for a moment what it would mean for us.

The night elves also lose, because if they take em over to the horde, either they get lost in blood elf lore, which will diminsih and lessen htem - lets face it -blizzards track record of keeping non-human/orc groups relevant is pretty abyssmal. it's hard enough getting belf lore, nightborne won't survive it if they choose to focus on blood elves and blood elves won't survive if they choose to focus on nightborne.

If nightborne end up being hte focus, the people who love hte nightborne - the night elves wil hate them more, becuase naturally being horde htey'd have to hate the alliance, and constnatly be at war, giving night elf people there worse nightmare, their happy re-union ruined, pissing htem off even further and just making htem hate teh whole affair even more. - the moans that will come of blizzard giving hteir good stuff away would be unbearable.

I see no reason for blood elves or the horde to have nightborne play any relevant role. As a group of night elves that are friendly towards them but stick to their own affairs and hteir night elf buddies on the broken isles. sure, fine - make a few cameos here and there in Silvermoon etc that's cool.. but as group playable on the horde and passionate about it - no thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    I really don't give a shit about factions. I like individual races regardless of their faction alignment.

And yeah, I don't have to play humans, but they're still an overwhelming presence in all parts of the story to the detriment of a lot of races(both alliance and horde). And no, this isn't an "Orcs and Humans" thing because orcs are no where even remotely as bad as humans are. The whole "humans are the best" storyline is really, really obnoxious. Humans are a plague to the game whether you play Alliance or Horde. Whether you love trolls or dwarves or night elves.
    okay, this I agree with, not in such strong terms ofc, I wouldn't say a plague, but definiely the execution could be much better, and wow humans are just not that appealing atm, but I don't buy hating Alleria because of it, bias is showing big time
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    The hatred isn't because she is a high elf, its because she's barely a better character than Vereesa.

She has always been a generic shitty trope, anyone who played Warcraft 2 saw it, the hatred rekindled on her introduction to WoW because they did nothing to make her more interesting, and doubled down on the cliche. Also best not to admit you see imaginary arguments.
    and no offense friendly and you too @wryt, but I call b/s on that, as much as I like Thalyssra, her story is more generic than Alleria, champion of justice, hater of demons, save my people , rescue my city, sorry, but it doesn't get more geneirc than that, and yet you love her and hate Alleria who's whole void thing, journey to love Turalyon is anything but the standard elf maiden falls in love with human which is actually a lot more rare than Thalyssra's story basis.
    #
    So yes, i call bias and i call the excuse b/s - you may not want to admit it, but it's because she's alliance, in the pre 7.3 posts in the last 3 years , I have noticed arguments strongly in favor of Alleria when her destiny was not known and putting passionate arguments on why she should identify with the horde, there was no such hate for her then or her direction. When it became clear that she was siding with her sister who is alliance and her alliance allegiance wasn't changing yet, it seems you guys just transferred your hate to her.

Alleria has just returned, it is unfair to totally write her off as 7.3 has just for the first time allowed us to see more of her, and she unndoubtedly has more to come. I quite li ke what i've seen of her so far, and for me it's a much tougher choice. But Thalyssra does win because the way they bring her out, is quite outstanding.

It's not that Alleria isn't, but she champions her people and her story while not uncommon is actually told in a very touching way. She despises arcane addiction and sought to rid her people of it immediately. She saw the sense in Tyrande's warning about the nightwell and drained it, but I love her uncompromising stand against the Legion, unlike the blood elves and the highborne of Zin'Azashri who compromised for power, and Elisande, once hero against the legion who compromised out of fear -- Thalyssra shows her quality as a good leader, who despite terrible difficulty to herself, is unwavering in her rejection of evil. Even on the point of withering, starving, like most of her people in her situation, not once does she go sucking mana out of living things (disgusting) [this is what Illidan did for demons - and while in a sense you know he is half balmy and would do anything to gain the power to defeat the legion, Kael'thas and his people, who won't even die without the mana unlike Thalyssra and her people, he jumps to the bandwagon nearly straight away - didn't take much for him to compromise, and all his people following him]

Thalyssra doesn't, she doesn't compromsie on the demons, she doesn't compromise on the mana, none of them do - you see a substantial amount of the nobility of the kaldorei shining through, despite the bad qualities displayed in some of the Suramar citizens. In the midst of all that suffering, and pain, she still sacrifices herself and pushes on. Her condition doesn't cause her to compromise in her ideals at all. Her pride doesn't get in her way either. She sees the obvious logic and sense the highborne and druidic night elves saw about arcane addiction that Azshara refused to see, that Darth'remar denied and takes Farodin's counsel just like she later takes Tyrande's counsel.

She goes out of her way to right the great wrongs of Elisande, against her own people - both those wrongfully expelled and denied sustenance, and those attacked like their Moonguard brothers, also Suramar citizens trapped outside the shield, who should have had a happy reunion but instead were attacked because the legion needed some of hte power tools they had there.

This is admirable and a character of considerable quality. And while she is supposed to be quite powerful, we don't see her super saiyan either when we quest with her. She and Farondis are my favourite night elves of this expansion and i'm glad that they have some new night elven heroes. As much as il ike the Wc3 lot, it's shocking the night elves have had no real new superstars since their introduction in WC3. Thalyssra and Farondis are 2 of the best. Likeable as well are Valtrois, Occuleth and Lothrius.

In the end whiles you are perfectly within your right not to like Vereesa or Alleria, please stop insulting the writing of their characters, calling htem generic , bland , boring etc which they are none of those, be honest, you don't like them because you don't likeir direction. VEreesa hates your favourite faction and one of your favourite races and Alleria is sleeping with the enemy, another race you also despise - you don't like that, it's got little to do with generic etc
    Last edited by ravenmoon; 2017-10-20 at 07:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    So yes, i call bias and i call the excuse b/s - you may not want to admit it, but it's because she's alliance, in the pre 7.3 posts in the last 3 years , I have noticed arguments strongly in favor of Alleria when her destiny was not known and putting passionate arguments on why she should identify with the horde, there was no such hate for her then or her direction. When it became clear that she was siding with her sister who is alliance and her alliance allegiance wasn't changing yet, it seems you guys just transferred your hate to her.
    I remember being bandwagoned for saying Alleria would be a perfect pick for the Alliance when there was a thread wether Alleria would go Alliance or Horde once she is introduced to WoW. I was new to the forums at the time and wasn't even aware to which extent the topic was previously discussed, but I was astounded as to just how many of the people actively posting here wanted a high elf to be Horde.

Now that she is introduced - actually ever since she talked with Vereesa on the Vindicaar about her disliking for the Horde - the Alleria/Horde romance was all but forgotten or well, people are trying to forget what they've been writing. All the "she loves Quel'thalas more than anyone" talk has completely vanished, which was the main point for their lenghty "arguements". Now that it was revealed how Alleria doesn't fit into the Horde even more than in the past and that Arator's safety - who is Alliance - is what matters the most to her, the people who feverly argued in favour of a Alleria/Horde romance all but vanished and slowly started nitpicking and calling her a bad character.

I personally dislike the way her void-related story was dropped like a bomb onto everyone's head and how her character hasn't had more opinions expressed after we met her on Argus. That being said, it isn't entirely impossible her attitude shifts into a more benevolent one when it comes to the Horde, but at this very moment I can perfectly understand and see what you've written about in your post above.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2017-10-20 at 07:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    I remember being bandwagoned for saying Alleria would be a perfect pick for the Alliance when there was a thread wether Alleria would go Alliance or Horde once she is introduced to WoW. I was new to the forums at the time and wasn't even aware to which extent the topic was previously discussed, but I was astounded as to just how many of the people actively posting here wanted a high elf to be Horde.

Now that she is introduced - actually ever since she talked with Vereesa on the Vindicaar - the Alleria/Horde romance was all but forgotten or well, people are trying to forget what they've been writing.
    yeah.. sadly the hate is so profound, and the bias so clear, they just won't admit it. They can dislike a person and the direction they go, fine, but to start calling it geneirc and terrible just because they don't like it, is u nfair on the writers, especially since actually alot of us do like it. As i pointed out, Thalyssra's story is far more direciton, but these guys aren't poisoning it because atm it's neutral.

Should this girl go alliance, come and watch the hate. The companmy has driven the horde story above the alliance since TBC, alliance plots have largely centred around humans and have been second fiddle to the horde, . Worse the night elves have been so stale, and this is the first expansion they've had anything exciting come their way, and for me the most exciting was the presentation fo the kaldorei empire - in a pristine kaldorei city and its nightborne citizens, who are still very much in kaldorei empire mindset and culture.

i'm loving it, loving seeing it, I also like how very much night elven everything about them is - most people aren't seeing this ofc, they see fancy city and powerful arcane display and think blood elf - which while not untrue as that is similar to the blood elves, they are missing the night elf story been told and shown. THey are seeing arcane kaldorei in its splendour, not blood elf civilization, theya re seeing a part of the kaldorei civilization thought gone and lost, or in ruins (dire maul), but still vibrant and alive when they visit Suramar.

They also fail to see how Kaldorei like the shal'dorei are written. It's like the devs lifted Suramar off the pages of the WotA, and expanded on it, showing us the noble side of the arcane era alongside the ugly and bad bits too. But its undoubtedly kaldorei ... you see examples of their nobility that's very different from the blood elves.

For starters, even starving in withered state, knowing that without mana they would go into this crazed state and surely die, they absolutely refuse to suck mana out of living things, considering even feeding off crystals, objects and leylines as bottom feeding - such a low state.

Thalyssra herself shows how uncompromising (just like Tyrande and Malfurion) she and her followers are against the legion, and while Elisande's lot do join in like Azshara's did, you notice Elisande's motives were not driven by power but by fear instead - also different even in the worse side.

But it's the juxtapositions that get to me the most. The same highly advanced state and civilization, and yet, walking barefooted and half naked almost primitive style - jus tlike the night elves who se simple outdoor lifestyle at first glance makes you think they are savages, until you observe them outside combat and you notice they are highly civilzed, and you know now where they got it from when you see Suramar, they've lost none of the civilization they just don't live in the gorgeous surroundings they used to.

The nightborne tooare rightly extremely proud of their kaldorie heritage. This shouldn't surprise anyone, becuase htey still consider themselves the same peole they were 10k years ago. these aren't descendants like the bloood elves, these are kaldorei that have slowly been changed by the nightwell, and as kaldorei, they knew htey were amazing and believed themsevel the best in the world. they built an empire and upheld a standard of civlization and rightness that outstripped everyone else - as kaldorei 10,000 years ago, no current civlization has come close, and while they have physically transitioned to shal'dorei, the lionshare of achievements they did as kaldorei.

they don't hate thier night elfiness, they love it and revere it, especially knowing that the others sacrificed themselves to save them.

This is why I strongly feel the nightborne naturally would get on quite well with the night elves, there is no reason to hate them given the background we've been given, they admire the shit out them. RAther than sneer at their current arcane-less state, like Elisande did when she was about to attack them (Elisande sneered at everyone) - i think they'd instead be touched by the sacrifice their kin made to keep the leigon out, even if it was fool hardy choice.

It's not hard to imagine and actually a refreshing change from the Thalassian hate the night elves have gotten. Finally a group that sees and understands that giving up using the arcane was a sacrifice for the night elves of Kalimdor. THe nightborne understand this unlike the thalassian elves who are only descendants, because the nightborne lived it, knew many of the kaldorei (they are reuniting with, thought dead) they knew how much wielding mgic meant to their people, to give it up was a huge sacrifcie, and knowing that actually even though a little misguided, it did kepe the legion away for very very long.

The high elves prove it was a bit misguided, but it was sharing the magic with humans that started the process again afterall. Still i can see as Mace wrote last year, that the nightborne instead would feel bad and annoyed that none of the highborne could sufficiently show selflessness and the discipline needed enough to convince their brethren to move on and embrace their heritage again and successfully ward Azeroth from demons. something they easily achieved, and turns out so did the highborne in Eldre'thalas who instead kept to themselves.

It's like you can almost see them determined to bring their brothers back into their arcane legacy and prove to them the quality and discipline the shaldorei and by extension the kaldorei have in the genes to handle this. I can see th them self appoining themselves to restore confidence in magic in all kaldorei, even though this process has already started via the highborne, the effort is hampered by the past. Whiles with the shal'droei, the outstanding behaviour of Thalyssra and the rebels who rose up agianst the lgion and this time didn't hide or hold back, who embraced balance rather than cling to power an d uumbalanced arcane these re teht higns that win over the confidence and trust of the kaldorei .

I think in the nightborne the night elves finally find a group worthy of trusting to handle magic and their are several pointers that indicate this. For one, they were willling to give up the nightwell, even if hte nightwell gets fired up again, they showed a true mastery (as Mace puts it) over the magic and its power by being willing to give it up. Secondly they actually didn't use their magic recklessly. They over-indulged yes (but in their case out of necessity as they were starving and low on resources) but they were not reckless or abusive in evil way like Azshara was - they show a great respect for magic or Suramar would not have stood for 10k years while advancing their study and their art.

ANd they are elves that will stand against evil and the demons, the NIghtborne that win the city back are exactly the sort that the night elves can stand alongside.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    and that's why i don't want nightborne on the horde. I think blood elves is all you need, any more will just erase its identity furhter.

and not only do i think nightborne are un-necessary to the horde because of blood elves, i agree with the people who are pointing out they'd be deterimental to both blood elves and night elven lore if they sling over to the blood elves.

If bllizzard take them over to the horde, and expand them there, they'd gobble up blood elf lore by literally taking their place, as the two are similar, they'd be sharing the same spotlight - i don't want that.
    If Suramar goes to the horde too, we'll never see Silvermoon redone - they'd simply say - you got Suramar, it's enough and leave us to shits. I know that no one will want Suramar when blizzard fix up Silvermoon, it would be amazing so people should just stop coveting night elf shit and think for a moment what it would mean for us.

The night elves also lose, because if they take em over to the horde, either they get lost in blood elf lore, which will diminsih and lessen htem - lets face it -blizzards track record of keeping non-human/orc groups relevant is pretty abyssmal. it's hard enough getting belf lore, nightborne won't survive it if they choose to focus on blood elves and blood elves won't survive if they choose to focus on nightborne.

If nightborne end up being hte focus, the people who love hte nightborne - the night elves wil hate them more, becuase naturally being horde htey'd have to hate the alliance, and constnatly be at war, giving night elf people there worse nightmare, their happy re-union ruined, pissing htem off even further and just making htem hate teh whole affair even more. - the moans that will come of blizzard giving hteir good stuff away would be unbearable.

I see no reason for blood elves or the horde to have nightborne play any relevant role. As a group of night elves that are friendly towards them but stick to their own affairs and hteir night elf buddies on the broken isles. sure, fine - make a few cameos here and there in Silvermoon etc that's cool.. but as group playable on the horde and passionate about it - no thanks.
    it is an interesting point you have, but I don't think it would be all that bad for nightborne to be on the horde as it would/could further the night elven story by bringing it to horde players who didn't play WC3.

The nightborne definitely gel very well with the night elves, but the arcane night elf legacy is something the blood elves share (even though they reject the night bits), and Liadrin has warmed up to them alot (if only Rommath would - but he did show up). This allows blizzard to do somethign differnt with the shal'dorei, use them as a link for peace rather than exarcebate the elven conflict through them.

I use to be one for the conflict, but was won over by MAce's arguments who seemed to have flipped to conflict. Just that we have to have abridge between the night elves and blood elves, the the borken isle night elves are the best group to do it ,, led by the nightborne who the blood elves can relate too, and who the night elves share a bond and should feel are worthy to stand shoulder to shoulder with.

Read what i wrote above, the nightborne are the arcane night elf group at long last even the priests and druids can fully trust, given how they behaved, and should inspire many to folow the arcane, even th ough they still have lessons to teach the shal'droei - (like there is life outside and withotu magic and that's okay too).

It would be wrong of blizzard to take all the nightborne over to the horde, but it could nicely work with some of them helping out and the love of hte night elves for the nightborne and the reciprocal love and respect shown enough for htem to be okay with that and at least have a zone or a place where elves aren't fighting each other.

The broken isles or known as Suramar by the elves is perfect place for this to happen, and i think a necessary devise to have in the warcraft world bringing a measure of hope for thsoe who desire peace. you have to have that option around and they are perfect for the job.

It also allows night elves to be perceived as above the faction conflict without changing the alliance night elves. The broken isle night elves, led by Thalyssra, Farodin and Farondis could finally be the ones to behave like proper 10k year old ancients, far above the conflict of mortals like humans and orcs - given they are much older, and more concerned with the bigger picture, and protecting the world etc. It woudl be nice that this becomes the driving force of night elf lore - while you still have Darnassus and Silvermoon around for the faction fighting and hating, or even better, seeing how intensely high elf and blood elf fans hate each other, let the elven fighting transition more to those two, as night elves should be a bit old for all that nonsense.

Still, i can easily see Malfurion and Tyrande stepping down as leaders of their people which i think would be great for the story, Tyrande returning her order's headquarters to the Cathedral of eternal night and Malfurion leading the druids from Moonglade - meanwhile the night elves get led by Shandris and Broll Bearmantle on the alliance side (or some other person). they then largely develop the night elves and the night elven story centred from the broken isles and touching both factions but working for elven restoration and development. Meanwhile the fighting on the ground in kalimdor and eastern kingdom betwen the two sides that draws in both elves and keeps them against each other continues in those areas.

Both? I'd love to see Alleria be part of the Alliance story, and Thalyssra lead the nightborne into the Horde story.

Although I would prefer better if Horde goes back to its oldschool days where orcs, trolls and tauren were dominant, I wouldn't mind (too much) Thalyssra coming to Horde.
    Just don't make them central but part of belves story and we good.

It was pretty cool how they drew parallels between Nightborne and Blood elves who's story literally mirrored each other with Sunwell & Nightwell and Legion.

Although Nightborne and Night elves are physivally more similar, Nelves abandoned that culture and turned to druidism and living in line with nature, while belves still maintain the arcane dominant culture same as Nightborne. So its obvious why they were more simpathetic and understandintg to each other and why they still mantain good relationship even in 7.3.

Alliance can have Alleria freely as far as I am concerned.
    Last edited by Dagoth Ur; 2017-10-20 at 09:05 AM.

I'm Alliance and I want Thalyssra. Alleria wasn't a disappointment like Turalyon, but Blizz did better with Thalyssra.

15+ Year Old Account
    I dont mind, id take both ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Your missing the "both" poll option
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

While I enjoy Alleria, Thalyssra ist the real Hotness !

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    and no offense friendly and you too @wryt, but I call b/s on that, as much as I like Thalyssra, her story is more generic than Alleria, champion of justice, hater of demons, save my people , rescue my city, sorry, but it doesn't get more geneirc than that, and yet you love her and hate Alleria who's whole void thing, journey to love Turalyon is anything but the standard elf maiden falls in love with human which is actually a lot more rare than Thalyssra's story basis.
    What you call B/s on does not make Alleria any better of a character, you know that right? First of all you are definantly wrong, An elven maid falling in love with the inferior human is one of the oldest and dumbest fantasy cliches out there. The void is not interesting, All consuming darkness is the blandest looney tunes level of villiany.

I love how you honestly think this is because you believe she is staunchly Alliance, and that is why I shes a stupid character. One of your many mistakes was to not only be unable to actual read, to realize that her love of her family is only half of her issuse, you make it obviously clear you have little to know idea what you are talking about. I could give less of two shits on what faction she ends up falling into, it doesn't change the fact that she's a terrible character.

Alleria has just returned, it is unfair to totally write her off as 7.3 has just for the first time allowed us to see more of her, and she unndoubtedly has more to come. I quite li ke what i've seen of her so far, and for me it's a much tougher choice. But Thalyssra does win because the way they bring her out, is quite outstanding.
    Alleria returned, and they immediately beat in the cringe inducing thousand year war, filled her with love of a human, sucked the minor interesting psychotic rage she had and then made her reactions so unrealistic that you have to lie through your teeth to find her character and her reactions at all believable on the Vindicator. She's following her dear little sister Vereesa in just being a plot device rather than an actual character.

Thalyssra doesn't, she doesn't compromsie on the demons, she doesn't compromise on the mana, none of them do - you see a substantial amount of the nobility of the kaldorei shining through, despite the bad qualities displayed in some of the Suramar citizens. In the midst of all that suffering, and pain, she still sacrifices herself and pushes on. Her condition doesn't cause her to compromise in her ideals at all. Her pride doesn't get in her way either. She sees the obvious logic and sense the highborne and druidic night elves saw about arcane addiction that Azshara refused to see, that Darth'remar denied and takes Farodin's counsel just like she later takes Tyrande's counsel.

She goes out of her way to right the great wrongs of Elisande, against her own people - both those wrongfully expelled and denied sustenance, and those attacked like their Moonguard brothers, also Suramar citizens trapped outside the shield, who should have had a happy reunion but instead were attacked because the legion needed some of hte power tools they had there.

This is admirable and a character of considerable quality. And while she is supposed to be quite powerful, we don't see her super saiyan either when we quest with her. She and Farondis are my favourite night elves of this expansion and i'm glad that they have some new night elven heroes. As much as il ike the Wc3 lot, it's shocking the night elves have had no real new superstars since their introduction in WC3. Thalyssra and Farondis are 2 of the best. Likeable as well are Valtrois, Occuleth and Lothrius.
    So you go about defending the shitty archer elf cliche, and then try to turn around and say a character that isn't defined by who she lets into her pants and what weapons is less cliche than her? Is that what you were trying to say in yet another ramble about how beautiful the nightborne are because you perceived them all as following the teaches of Tyrande again?

In the end whiles you are perfectly within your right not to like Vereesa or Alleria, please stop insulting the writing of their characters, calling htem generic , bland , boring etc which they are none of those, be honest, you don't like them because you don't likeir direction. VEreesa hates your favourite faction and one of your favourite races and Alleria is sleeping with the enemy, another race you also despise - you don't like that, it's got little to do with generic etc
    I actually did chuckle, Alleria and Vereesa are as boring, bland, pathetic tropes as they come. Their direction is poison to an already muddled swamp called a "character." To be so poorly informed on what I actually think, leads me to believe you actually idolize these characters in all their dollar store Tolkien glory.

Who the fucking hell cares if Vereesa or Alleria hate the Horde? That's not why they are shitty characters. Boning a human, making filthy half elves, having no developed character outside of "VENGENCE!!!! or whatever the hell they tried to do with Alleria is a shit character no matter what faction you put them on.

Just be sure to pretend to know better than I what I am talking about again in your response.

- - - Updated - - -

Now that she is introduced - actually ever since she talked with Vereesa on the Vindicaar about her disliking for the Horde - the Alleria/Horde romance was all but forgotten or well, people are trying to forget what they've been writing. All the "she loves Quel'thalas more than anyone" talk has completely vanished, which was the main point for their lenghty "arguements". Now that it was revealed how Alleria doesn't fit into the Horde even more than in the past and that Arator's safety - who is Alliance - is what matters the most to her, the people who feverly argued in favour of a Alleria/Horde romance all but vanished and slowly started nitpicking and calling her a bad character.

I personally dislike the way her void-related story was dropped like a bomb onto everyone's head and how her character hasn't had more opinions expressed after we met her on Argus. That being said, it isn't entirely impossible her attitude shifts into a more benevolent one when it comes to the Horde, but at this very moment I can perfectly understand and see what you've written about in your post above.
    And you either have a victim complex or once gain have little to no grasp on the cardboard box that is Alleria. Hell the thousand year war as eye rolling as it was showed you how much she loved Quel'thalas shows she still loves her homeland.

You act as if only now people pointed out Alleria was terrible character made good through good old nostalgia goggles.

- - - Updated - - -

yeah.. sadly the hate is so profound, and the bias so clear, they just won't admit it. They can dislike a person and the direction they go, fine, but to start calling it geneirc and terrible just because they don't like it, is u nfair on the writers, especially since actually alot of us do like it. As i pointed out, Thalyssra's story is far more direciton, but these guys aren't poisoning it because atm it's neutral.
    dear god, one of the most annoying things I could ever read is Ravenmoon thinking that he knows what other people are thinking in regards to Alleria. "She isn't a bad character, they just hate her because she can't believe Sylvanas leads the Horde!"

And no, if you consider yourself an actual fan of fantasy at all, Alleria is just one cancerous cliche like her sister Vereesa before her, which wouldn't have been a bad thing if they literally did anything else than slap down the darkness but not lost cliche ontop of her. Just like Vereesa, they have decided that cliche can go in-place of development. You don't honestly believe I want another elf that had sex with a human to join the Horde do you?

Should this girl go alliance, come and watch the hate. The companmy has driven the horde story above the alliance since TBC, alliance plots have largely centred around humans and have been second fiddle to the horde, . Worse the night elves have been so stale, and this is the first expansion they've had anything exciting come their way, and for me the most exciting was the presentation fo the kaldorei empire - in a pristine kaldorei city and its nightborne citizens, who are still very much in kaldorei empire mindset and culture.
    You managed to turn the topic back to night elves again. Also please do not try to seriously argue Horde favoritism now, do not make this fake philosophical soap box opera about your night elf fetish any more visible.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    And you either have a victim complex or once gain have little to no grasp on the cardboard box that is Alleria. Hell the thousand year war as eye rolling as it was showed you how much she loved Quel'thalas shows she still loves her homeland..
    All I said was that I recieved a lot of taunting replies when I said I believed she'd still prefer the Alliance over the Horde. Those that replied in such a manner are pretty much silent and avoiding the matter alltogether or outright hate-nitpicking Alleria's character right now. All it took was a small dialogue about how she dislikes the Horde and whoever said Alleria will be Horde and how they'd want her to be Horde all of a sudden went silent and started complaining about how bad the character was.

It feels rather obvious right now that whichever high elven character is alligned with the Alliance at one point or dislikes the Horde automatically gets hated on in this subforum. It usually includes the smallest of possible reasons in order to justify such views.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2017-10-20 at 02:40 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    All I said was that I recieved a lot of taunting replies when I said I believed she'd still prefer the Alliance over the Horde. Those that replied in such a manner are pretty much silent and avoiding the matter alltogether or outright hate-nitpicking Alleria's character right now. All it took was a small dialogue about how she dislikes the Horde and whoever said Alleria will be Horde and how they'd want her to be Horde all of a sudden went silent and started complaining about how bad the character was.

It feels rather obvious right now that whichever high elven character is alligned with the Alliance at one point or dislikes the Horde automatically gets hated on in this subforum. It usually includes the smallest of possible reasons in order to justify such views.
    As I said before, it is beyond stupid to think once she learns, if she ever does, what happened to QT that she would abandon it all together like Vereesa has. I sure as hell do not want another windrunner on the Horde. If the High elf in question is famous for being an archer and banging a human, there isn't much else you can nitpick.

I argued it would be absurd for Alleria to suddenly love the Alliance with the same passion as her husband, and forsake her homeland and thtat neutrality is the most rational end for her character because she is pulled in opposite directions. That doesn't mean I like the idea of her or any high elf being allowed back into Quel'thalas.
    Last edited by Friendlyimmolation; 2017-10-20 at 03:32 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I like Thalyssra more (Though I’ve forgotten most of her questline thanks to the fucking gating).

As horde I don’t trust Alleria, with void in the mix I trust her even less, though it does make her more powerful.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    conveniently solving everything all the time. I don't have anything against humans, afterall it's not lost on me that all of us are, but still, this is cheesily annoying sometimes. Maybe we need a different type of human than the ones we have, a human group horde members can rout for, cos I cna't help but think of Khadgar, Turalyon etc Tirion as all alliancey - they've got that vibe to them even though i know they are neutral.

We need different looking modelled humans - i love the idea of vampires/skinny looking near undead or recently undead type - like the Diablo 3 Necromancer type look - has that forsaken vibe tot hem - that Victorian English vibe (like thethey gave Gilneas and Lordaeron) - and then give us some human heroes from this side, more inline with us.

I may then like and appreciate the goody goody humans more if they werne't just dominating everything.
    What if the horde sponsored rebuilding Alterac? They supported the Horde during the second war, and IIRC the survivors of that nation formed the Syndicate after Lothar burned it all up. Not sure I like the idea of a human nation being horde friendly but just musing; would that fit in with what you're talking about?

You should have had a "neither of them - I'm horde" and "neither of them - i'm alliance" - it would probably show you that alliance are more into the elf fantasy than hordies are.

Also there is no option for people like me who literally swing both ways. I like both factions but I like them for very different things, and that they are different. What i find disturbing is every time they do things that make them the same rather than highlighting their uniqueness.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    if you look at Alleria without adding in any prior knowledge or lore and just look at their "Legion" appearances, Thalyssra is a much better character. Alleria has a brand, though. Alleria's appearance has been diminished by the way I did the whole quest chain with her and was thinking "how did you get to live to be, I dunno, 1500-2000 years old or whatever and can't see the sign on Locus-Walker's forehead that says 'PS this is a scam'?"
    We did everything Wrathion wanted and he gave me the exact same vibe so I dunno dude.