Quote Originally Posted by tratra View Post
    Here is an alternative to M+:

- No timer
    - Choose your own difficulty
    - Each difficulty comes with an ilvl cap
    - The higher the difficulty the lower the ilvl cap is
    - 1 affix per dungeon not plenty
    - Fat loot at completion of the dungeon
    - the timer is an optional thing at the moment - you can spend 3 hours in there, you wont get kicked out and you will still get loot from the chest
    - you choose the difficulty by playing the key+X you want
    - CMs had ilevel cap because you had to beat the timers for Gold medals - via the timer and endless difficulty they reversed it so you can push as much as you with your groups ilevel. this also makes dungeons much more difficult as you push your key higher, compared to CM where the difficulty was ALWAYS the same
    - 3 affixes at higher difficulty become about logistics of how you handle the dungeon, which makes your group think of innovative ways to play at high keys
    - you already get Heroic level gear in the chest

Overall, M+ is great the way it is imo. The only thing I'd wat to change is removing the modifiers that prevent you from doing massive pulls (bursting, bolstering, explosive, etc). A good example for why I'd want this change is Maw of Souls. +10 (+136% hp and damage) Maw with non anti big pull modifiers, (let's say Teeming+grievous+Fortified) you can pull everything up to and including the first boss. I've done this and it's very hectic but also very fun. Now let's go to +4 (+36% hp and dmage) Maw with Bolstering...unless your group has perfectly spread aoe it's basically impossible/aids to do the same pull in a 4. To me that seems crazy and it's not fun being forced to pull slow when you would normally do massive pulls. That being said it's a minor annoyance and I still love M+. The being said I think the timer is very important to create a sense of urgency and punish fuck ups. I think them changing the depletion mechanics was smart so you don't get fucked over for the week if someone leaves/dc's. The reward structure is amazing, I love challenging 5 man content more than raiding. I still clear heroic ToS each week but that's basically just for WF/TF tier and tmog. TLDR M+ is amazing and I hope it continues in the next expansion.

CMs were better than M+ for my money. I don't really have time to gear out all my alts for high keys, but M+ isn't really fun until you get to 15+ and they hit like freight trains. You can't really compete with mythic raid geared people in M+. I have one mythic geared toon, but the rest are about heroic and finding high key pugs is like pulling teeth.

I enjoyed fine tuning a low ilvl set more than chasing high ilvl gear on all my toons, and mass pulling 15-20 mobs was WAY WAY more fun than pulling fortified 5 packs.

I dunno, I don't dislike M+ but I really miss CMs. I had an absolute blast in WoD doing the gold meta on 10 different toons, it was such a boring expansion and I didn't even notice cause I had so much fun in the dungeons. Then they made the weapons account bound anyway xD Haha!

Deleted
    No. Basically you want challenge modes without the timers.
    I think it was a step in the right direction to remove ilvl caps so that there is some meaning to gearing up.

ilevel restriction and if you die, you can't be ressed.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hambanner View Post
    ...and this is where you committed a straight up heresy. MMOC gods of 1337 do not run dungeons to have fun. They go there to face Bursting/Sanguine/Necrotic/Explosive/Tyrannical combos and show the plebs how to play an MMO. Every single one of them, mind you, being world first achiever in every raid since BWL and the world-wide best in challenge modes as well.
    ^ this
    lol

how dare i have fun and enjoy the dungeon at a slower pace with more thought and team synergy between pulls when i can jus-GGOgogogGOGOGogGOGOOO