Oneth's question

Hey everyone, I rerolled a boomkin for Antorus to help my team's comp, and I got my first legendary tonight, Oneth's Intuition.

Does this mean I should be using Stellar Drift even in ST scenarios? Also, when oneth's procs starfall for free, should I use it in single target scenarios?

Thank you everyone! Really enjoying Balance so far, excited to keep learning it

10+ Year Old Account
    You won't use Stellar Drift for pure ST, but you definitely want to be using those free Starfalls as soon as possible when you get them.

Congrats on getting probably our best and most versatile legendary as your first.

Actually you will use it for single target. The difference in how they sim is a very slight edge for NB, but when you throw in the free movement it provides, and how lucrative it can be when you get lucky with procs, most high parsing people use SD on Goroth for example, as you can see here:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...d&spec=Balance

aiko is correct that you do use the starfall procs single target. They add a lot of damage.
    Last edited by Malmmoc; 2017-10-21 at 04:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    You won't use Stellar Drift for pure ST, but you definitely want to be using those free Starfalls as soon as possible when you get them.
    Uh yes you do

Only on patchwork fights. As soon as there is any movement or adds, you do.

Which encompasses roughly 100% of all relevant fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Yizu View Post
    Uh yes you do
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Only on patchwork fights. As soon as there is any movement or adds, you do.

Which encompasses roughly 100% of all relevant fights.
    Definitely agree with Huth. Even on Goroth which has no adds, there's plenty of times where the movement from SD will be greatly helpful. Plus the increased radius is a benefit if adds spawn or the boss leaves the (rather small baseline) Starfall.

I can't imagine Sisters without SD, no thank you (plus if you get a proc during Moontalon...).

Oh and NB is BOOOOOOOOORING. You also lose out on Wax & Wane's bonus and/or if you have to move for awhile and you don't have the AsP to keep using Starsurge, you'll be spamming your fire spells and guess what talent suddenly becomes worthless?

NB is so niche that it really should be made baseline for Balance. SD is just so fucking good that with OI, it's pretty much an auto-pick.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oops, looks like I was wrong. I knew Stellar Drift was taken usually anyway, since there isn't really any pure patchwerk fights, but it looks like SD is actually a slight increase with OI even on Patchwerk.

I'm Feral main though so I forgive myself.

I knew Stellar Drift was taken usually anyway, since there isn't really any pure patchwerk fights, but it looks like SD is actually a slight increase with OI even on Patchwerk.

I'm Feral main though so I forgive myself.
    I actually didn't know that; I don't think anyone did.

This officially makes NB worthless unless you're not running OI and on pure ST (i.e., never).
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    unless you're not running OI and on pure ST (i.e., never).
    I still don't have OI... T_T

People are saying it's good because it helps with casting with stellar drift, but what if your procs aren't lining up with movement phases? You can't hold onto the proc either because chance of wasting. Seems like lots of rng involved.

However I am sure it is worth holding on to it if there will be some movement soon right?

Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    People are saying it's good because it helps with casting with stellar drift, but what if your procs aren't lining up with movement phases?
    Then it doesn't happen. But if you're not using OI/SD, then you have nothing special for movement anyway. Some chance > no chance.

People are saying it's good because it helps with casting with stellar drift, but what if your procs aren't lining up with movement phases? You can't hold onto the proc either because chance of wasting. Seems like lots of rng involved.

However I am sure it is worth holding on to it if there will be some movement soon right?
    Main reason for using SD for single target isnt movement, i think its because 2pct19/OI is as strong as a perfectly played NB/ED. When t21 comes out, im not so sure.

Unless you're dumping a ton of AsP, you can hold it for quite awhile and it lasts 8 seconds once cast. You can also get a ton of back-to-back procs during movement too.

It's not guaranteed to fix all your movement issues (far from it; hell I usually opt to go for SOTF if movement is that heavy and just use SF for movement like Sisters), but it helps. NB is just a nice QoL bump with no other benefits other than saving you globals (and if you have to move that much anyway, you'll be refreshing DoTs during movement, making NB worth less and less, plus it decreases Wax & Wane's value).

Honestly, NB is just a piss-poor talent in general, and doubly so for a last-tier one.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Honestly, NB is just a piss-poor talent in general, and doubly so for a last-tier one.
    Amen to that, especially considering it was pretty much baseline for us in the past or a simple 1-point talent on the pre-WoD talent system.

Same with Starlord. Great talent, but it really should just be baseline.

SotF is another one I want baseline in the next xpac. Replace it with the effect of the legendary shoulders imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Malmmoc View Post
    SotF is another one I want baseline in the next xpac. Replace it with the effect of the legendary shoulders imo.
    Oh they SO have to make twin/AoE moonfire a thing next expansion. SF 40 AsP should also be a thing because it makes the spell almost unusable without it.
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2017-10-23 at 12:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    I actually didn't know that; I don't think anyone did.

This officially makes NB worthless unless you're not running OI and on pure ST (i.e., never).
    I'm pretty sure everyone did since SF was buffed by 60%